The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• kgreene8898
    kgreene8898 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone. I've been off and on here for about 5 years... Lost 15 before the holidays. Got a wonderful wife and three great boys. I'm 49 now and turn 50 in August. I'd love to drop 50 as I'm turning 50. Really gotten into Boxing over the last year. If anyone wants to friend up lemme know cause I want to be accountable.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Hey all...sorry I've been so absent as of late. Work has been totally kicking my *kitten*. I decided to start doing IF this week to see if I can jump start something. Anyone else try it/use it? Thoughts? Yay? Nay? And hi to all of you that I haven't seen before!!

One important thing that I learned from IF is the difference between eating because you need food (actual hunger) and eating because you are bored or stressed or it's time to eat. Now I typically have a protein bar in the morning and eat the bulk of the calories later in the day. Sort of a modified version without a strict time window.

That is an awesome lesson to learn. Way to go!

I'm still working on it. The next step after that is to actually act (or keep from acting) on the not-real hunger.
  • c0pperf0x
    c0pperf0x Posts: 3 Member
    Hi guys, I am 41 and just started my journey with weight loss a couple months ago. Probably learning more about nutrition and weight loss now than I've ever known my whole life. Up to 19 pounds so far. Just now checking out the social side of this app, so please add me.
  • eleanoredithajean
    eleanoredithajean Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! I am 37 years old from WA, Australia. :)
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    You know what would be great? Being able to share my victories and struggles with others. But since there doesn't seem to be much investment in this site that is very difficult.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hey all...hope you're having a great week thus far. So I'm a few days into the IF thing...and it's hard. Not for the reasons I THOUGHT it would be. But it's really hard to cram 1200+ HEALTHY calories into 8 hours. I feel like I'm eating constantly!!! Or else I just need more calorie dense foods. Playing around with different things for now. Being holiday weekend I know that Sunday I won't be following the plan which is probably ok since I'm just starting. Or maybe it's not. Who knows? But I'm doing it anyway!! LOL

AAAaaand I just realized that graduation is 2 months away...and I still haven't even ordered announcements yet. I DO have a place booked for the open house though, so I guess that's...something...I suck at this mom thing
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    @cgrout78 when I’m IF I also find it hard to fit in all my calories some days, but it does get easier as you go. For me, I found repetition to help (eating the same breakfast or lunch) in the beginning. I found cal. dense meals I liked and it took a lot of the planning out of it. Once I started seeing results, I didn’t mind planning so much. 🙂

Congrats on the graduation! Our two have 1 more yr, and I’m not ready. Give yourself some grace, I doubt you suck at the mom thing!!!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    I do have strengths as a parent, my organizational skills are NOT one of them. I have no organizational skills about anything really! I know it will all get done eventually right now I'm just kind of in the...I have no idea what I'm doing mode. :smile:
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    @cgrout78
    I have 5 kids all involved in multiple activities so organization is a must for me. However, I am usually a last minute type party planner and it all works out fine in the end! You got this!! Congrats on the graduation, we've only been through one so far!
  • _xsrs_84
    _xsrs_84 Posts: 16 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    So I'm a few days into the IF thing...and it's hard. Not for the reasons I THOUGHT it would be. But it's really hard to cram 1200+ HEALTHY calories into 8 hours. I feel like I'm eating constantly!!!

I’m a couple weeks into IF, and the hardest part for you is my FAVORITE part, lol. I love breaking my fast, and then getting to eat again an hour later.. and the feeling that I’m constantly eating. :D The hardest part for me is not snacking at all at night (my eating window is 11:30 am - 7:30 pm). I miss dessert!

• FreeFor40
    FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    You know what would be great? Being able to share my victories and struggles with others. But since there doesn't seem to be much investment in this site that is very difficult.
    Creating a thread about each win and loss should provoke some responses. I hope you get more traction with your ideas, I am sure they are interesting. I will add you as a friend, bounce ideas off me, I will reply. You got this!
  • Galatians5one
    Galatians5one Posts: 8 Member
    We Are Stronger Together ... Surround yourself around fitness minded people POSITIVITY can be CONTAGIOUS! 🥰
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Have a great Easter everyone,

Good luck with your goals, I am currently stuck but determined still to lose weight!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    A new week, new goals!
    I aim to increase my steps this week and improve on last weeks 101,366, let's see if I can do it!
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    I had my weigh-in today and also put measurements in for the first time since October. I had lost weight since last week, so victory there, but my measurements were not fun to put in. I'm not letting it get me down though. Only forward progress from here!
  • rooseveltteddy
    rooseveltteddy Posts: 1 Member
    Howdy all. Anyone feel free to add me; not sure how to get much out of the community aspect here. I used MFP for a bit years ago, and it was fantastic. Now back for more.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    43. Was on here back in the 2000s, now back to continue the fitness journey.. Looking for friends and motivation! :)
  • samko1976
    samko1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Hello! Like many others on here, I'm also coming back to MFP to track progress. I'm currently on Noom but finishing with it in about a month. I have the Joe Wicks app and so doing HIIT (with modifications to protect my knees!) five times a week. I want to incorporate walking and swimming from next week (when the swimming pools open) into my daily schedule and am still in the process of adjusting my calorie/macros for steady weight loss. IF seems to be working for me and I've lost almost a stone (14lbs) since end of February. Feel free to add me if any of this is of any interest! :)
  • Soon2BSuper
    Soon2BSuper Posts: 1,767 Member
    Hello MFP. I'm back after a long hiatus to get my healthy habits back in check. Pandemic stress got me down pretty bad and I feel I've gone from Superman to Endgame Thor (Spoiler). Gotta get it back. 2 Days in but open to rebuilding my support network as much of my list is no longer active. Turning 49 next week so goal is to be perfect by 50!
  • dboutsomsy
    dboutsomsy Posts: 2 Member
    Starting out once again on this journey ....Can't wait to see what the results are after 90 days before competition....