GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    aim9fvijs9io.jpg
    Would this be considered high bar? Trying to put the bar lower feels so strange. I don't really have much "meat" to set the bar on and feel secure. I did not feel the bar rubbing the posterior scapular today, though. So that was better.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,190 Member
    Options
    aim9fvijs9io.jpg
    Would this be considered high bar? Trying to put the bar lower feels so strange. I don't really have much "meat" to set the bar on and feel secure. I did not feel the bar rubbing the posterior scapular today, though. So that was better.

This looks more close to low bar squat to me. You’re just on or slightly above your rear delts.

Looks like a great squat.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,396 Member
    Options
    I have serious muscle definition envy. I would say quad envy, but the calves, triceps, and pretty much every muscle has it. Lol

Killing it, C.

Agreed...100%!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    aim9fvijs9io.jpg
    Definitely looks more low bar than high bar to me. Switching to low bar can feel weird at first, but over time it becomes the norm and high bar will feel weird. The Squat looks great. Best thing is if it doesn't feel better after trying it for a bit, you can always move to high bar and try other things (pad, towel, etc.) for the the posterior Scapular rubbing.

Reverse Fly's and face pulls can help build up the rear delt giving you more "meat" to lock it on if it becomes a concern.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    wqvulfm0ro6y.gif
    s731c2b5cv3i.gif
    cntalo6fn2ae.gif

Felt weak on legs today. All the racks were taken so I started with extensions.
    3igfgw5x8pb1.gif
    voctgwiupefx.gif
    u9jokgnuesxu.gif
    8aihgxgd5omu.gif

End of the spam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Always killing it.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Freaky shoulder muscles? Lol

covyxwgkit3y.gif

I think my form needs work, too.

As for the form, you lend a little bit too far to the back at the top, making your back curve, aka cranking the weight.
    How is your stance?

A good way to fix this, is stand with 1 feet in front of the other, preferable your weaker leg in front, if you want to make it easy, or stronger leg in front to make it a little harder.

If that doesn't work, my coach always told me to lower the weight untill i got it right, better lower weight with good form, rather than high weight with bad form.

Also, for this particular exercise, you do not need to extend your arms fully at the bottem, you can have a little bend in the elbow. Because now at the start, your elbos push back, behind your back as well, making the ROM kinda useless.
    Your elbows should not be moving back and forward, this indicates you are doing too heavy, which can lead to injuries in the long run

Do you have microplates Sandy? If not, i suggest getting them. It's a game changer for sure

I love all this advice!!! I often wonder about fill extension and the pros/cons and also am gonna try the foot placement!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    dsc84 wrote: Β»
    wqvulfm0ro6y.gif
    s731c2b5cv3i.gif
    cntalo6fn2ae.gif

Felt weak on legs today. All the racks were taken so I started with extensions.
    3igfgw5x8pb1.gif
    voctgwiupefx.gif
    u9jokgnuesxu.gif
    8aihgxgd5omu.gif

End of the spam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Always killing it.

Thank you brother !
  • jennacole12
    Options
    u9jokgnuesxu.gif
    8aihgxgd5omu.gif

End of the spam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Feel free to spam anytime πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ» Also, loving how you do the single leg extensions and curls.... I’m gonna try adding that!
  • jennacole12
    Options
    aim9fvijs9io.jpg

I agree it always feels strange to me also, I used to bruise a lot but the. It just sort of stopped, not sure if I just got used to it or just don’t notice it anymore lol. Either way form looks great!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    u9jokgnuesxu.gif
    8aihgxgd5omu.gif

End of the spam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Feel free to spam anytime πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ» Also, loving how you do the single leg extensions and curls.... I’m gonna try adding that!

Thank you and let me know what you think. They πŸ”₯!
    Options
    u9jokgnuesxu.gif
    8aihgxgd5omu.gif

End of the spam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

I actually never do them with both legs πŸ™ˆ, since i wanna train my weaker leg, that is a great way to do it
    Options
    Freaky shoulder muscles? Lol

covyxwgkit3y.gif

I think my form needs work, too.

As for the form, you lend a little bit too far to the back at the top, making your back curve, aka cranking the weight.
    How is your stance?

A good way to fix this, is stand with 1 feet in front of the other, preferable your weaker leg in front, if you want to make it easy, or stronger leg in front to make it a little harder.

If that doesn't work, my coach always told me to lower the weight untill i got it right, better lower weight with good form, rather than high weight with bad form.

Also, for this particular exercise, you do not need to extend your arms fully at the bottem, you can have a little bend in the elbow. Because now at the start, your elbos push back, behind your back as well, making the ROM kinda useless.
    Your elbows should not be moving back and forward, this indicates you are doing too heavy, which can lead to injuries in the long run

Do you have microplates Sandy? If not, i suggest getting them. It's a game changer for sure

I love all this advice!!! I often wonder about fill extension and the pros/cons and also am gonna try the foot placement!

You are welcome Jenna
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    u9jokgnuesxu.gif
    8aihgxgd5omu.gif

End of the spam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

I actually never do them with both legs πŸ™ˆ, since i wanna train my weaker leg, that is a great way to do it

Same. I have an old left knee injury. I started doing that with the curls to try and bring up my lagging hamstrings. I don’t know if the gifs properly display it but I start with the singles and finish with the double leg. It is a great intensity technique.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I finally decided to pick up a pair of knee sleeves.

Somehow this feels like I'm one step closer to being a "real" powerlifter. Haha

Joking aside, it's funny how I feel like I can't call myself a powerlifter until I lift some undefined but really heavy weight. Silly brain. 😊

• jennacole12
    Options
    I finally decided to pick up a pair of knee sleeves.

Somehow this feels like I'm one step closer to being a "real" powerlifter. Haha

Joking aside, it's funny how I feel like I can't call myself a powerlifter until I lift some undefined but really heavy weight. Silly brain. 😊

That is silly but I also get it πŸ˜‚ I do the same and I can’t even define what the amount is lol
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    u9jokgnuesxu.gif
    8aihgxgd5omu.gif

End of the spam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Single leg training is sooo good! I love/hate split squats.
    Options
    Super psyched!!! So many PR’s last night... got my working sets up to 165 for front squats and 3 new PR’s for my deadlift, the last one was 270 lbs, which is well over the 2x body weight goal I had set for myself 😁
    My coach said the tire was about 300 which makes sense now Bc this didn’t feel as hard as I feel like it should of. Anyway, so thrilled πŸ˜πŸ€—

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c1e81b919ac361a9d05929a8e01de4595dc635c0&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c1e81b919ac361a9d05929a8e01de4595dc635c0&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Definatly a powerlifster there! Congrats on the PR's Jenna
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Super psyched!!! So many PR’s last night... got my working sets up to 165 for front squats and 3 new PR’s for my deadlift, the last one was 270 lbs, which is well over the 2x body weight goal I had set for myself 😁
    My coach said the tire was about 300 which makes sense now Bc this didn’t feel as hard as I feel like it should of. Anyway, so thrilled πŸ˜πŸ€—

Wow! Super impressive. That pull You're doing is that essentially a rack pull using the boards?
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Dayum, Jenna, you are SLAYING!!!

Can't wait to hear how strongman goes! ❀️