WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    Qqqq
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    edited April 2021
    Beth I understand how grocery store is a trigger, Son and I grocery shopped together,. I see certain foods and is a trigger for mr too. I still have a salted nut bar and mentoes sitting in his candy dish. I always made sure he had fresh blueberries and raspberries. Hugs!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Flea: I’m planning to go looking for buckwheat flour later today. One of our local stores does an excellent job with varieties of flour for cooking and I hope I’ll find it there. They carry many Bob’s Redmill products & I hope they have buckwheat, too. I appreciate your comment that a little goes a long way. :star:

Machka: Thank you for Caring is universal. :flowerforyou:

(((Lisa))) :heart:

I got the buckwheat flour this afternoon. I’m looking forward to giving it a try. Unfortunately, they were out of several other items I wanted to buy. :grumble:

Katla
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    Thanks Allie, I’m wondering if that’s what’s causing issues for my husband, he coughs, and is very restless in his sleep. He tells me nothings wrong. 😕
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    ❤️💙💛
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,673 Member
    Snowflake - does his family have any heart issues? If not ,see if you can talk to him about going to the dr,the earlier its caught could be easier to treat,mine went to far..
    I learned something when i was married,is if you say to your significant other may i make a suggestion, it helps and your not telling them what to do..
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake - does his family have any heart issues? If not ,see if you can talk to him about going to the dr,the earlier its caught could be easier to treat,mine went to far..
    I learned something when i was married,is if you say to your significant other may i make a suggestion, it helps and your not telling them what to do..

Yes both sides have heart issues. I haven’t tried to get him to go to the doctor since a few days after our daughter’s wedding in July 2019. He was in agony, in his stomach/bowels for 4 days. His Mother and my BFF were here. My BFF’s husband had left those same issues for years when he ended up in the hospital for over a month trying to get a blocked bowel treated. She told him all the gory details of that and he still wouldn’t go. Very late on the 4th day he asked me to take him to the hospital. They tested him and sent him home. He’s had the same issue that lasts for weeks 5 times since. I did manage to get him to go once more when and they sent him for an ultrasound, unfortunately due to Covid he wasn’t having any symptoms and nothing showed up. I haven’t been able to get him back since.
    He has seen a doctor and has some BP meds, cholesterol and metformin. He’s also worked on losing about 20lbs.
  • Snowflake1968
    10 minutes before the 1st photo it was raining and there was no snow.
    Not unusual, but not wanted.
    dgi1ef3we7fm.jpeg
    ienpmumd02h2.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Did the Firm Ignite DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Reebok Pilates DVD. I’m not sure how long that DVD is so I may ride the recumbent bike some

Allie – DO NOT let Tom reneg on the alimony. You are so right, your divorce is a binding legal document. After all you’ve done for him, this is the least he can do for you. Isn’t Allana working? Couldn’t she help out?

Barbie – “mulch”. It’s the little things, huh?

Looks like it’s raining outside so I’m thinking we might not get to trimming the trees today. So I’ll cook, made sourdough waffles, plan to make turkey meatloaves only I won’t tell Vince they’re turkey and get the chicken ready for him to grill tomorrow. Got our dinner ready to microwave. Really wish the rain would let up, maybe later today it will.

Tracey – your gd is so so adorable. Love the mask

Well, we trimmed the trees. When Vince went to the allergist they tested him for lots of things. He’s allergic to oak, etc. So even tho he had on pants, he has bumps on his arms. I suggested that maybe we should always cut the trees in the cooler weather so he can wear a long sleeved shirt along with his pants

Got another 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. This one is for our condo, it’s a beach scene with cats. It came in like 6 pieces, I guess what you’re supposed to do is take the pieces apart. So that’s what we did today. The only thing I did special is I put all the straight edged pieces in one pile.

Michele NC
    who is really getting into the mahjongg online.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    Quiet day today. Reading newspaper. Languages, Exercises.
    The cleaner came. She has given herself a pay rise, which I don't object to, but it was rather a large hike all at once! I discussed it with my DDIL, as we share her, and she was OK with it, so I'm going along with it. It was a bit of a shock though, to put it up by nearly a third!
    Well, I definitely don't want to do it. :p
    I think it's right that they should receive good renumeration for a hard job, but I'm glad I only need her once a fortnight! :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

It's about $100 to clean the bathrooms and do the floors here. So it's an occasional thing for us to have someone in.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    Stat for the day-

Wow/family and to vet- 2hrs 5min 11sec, 3.07ap, 79ahr, 106mhr, 6.58mi= 727c
    Strava app = 797c
  • Machka9
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Grocery shopping has become one of my grief triggers. I can barely get through the store without thinking about my son ... the things he liked to eat ... the modifications we made because of his egg allergy. As a result, I just buy whatever I see and get out as quick as possible. I will have to get back to lists and meal planning again, because cheap honey buns and crumb cakes are not good for anyone's diet!

One day at a time ...

Beth near Buffalo

Grocery shopping set me into a panic attack in the first few weeks after my husband's accident.

Can you order groceries online?

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Thanks Allie, I’m wondering if that’s what’s causing issues for my husband, he coughs, and is very restless in his sleep. He tells me nothings wrong. 😕

It could also be GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) or a deviated septum.

I used to cough every night and I used decongestants to try to control it but since having my septum straightened last July, I only cough in the night about once a week or once every two weeks or so ... much less.

I was also tested for GERD and have it mildly. The recommendation was to sleep with my head up a bit.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    exermom wrote: »
    Allie – DO NOT let Tom reneg on the alimony. You are so right, your divorce is a binding legal document. After all you’ve done for him, this is the least he can do for you. Isn’t Allana working? Couldn’t she help out?

Michele NC
    who is really getting into the mahjongg online.

It's not Elena's problem! Especially if she and Tom aren't married.