What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Jello is gross.

Not sure that’s really unpopular.

I dunno...every time someone asks for suggestions for low-cal snacks, people always jump in with the sugar-free Jello. Blahhhhh.....

Such a joyful, jolly, jiggly, colorful food . . . made by boiling boiling animal skin, tendons, ligaments, and/or bones. Yum!

I've got nothing against people eating meat, or eating gelatin, if they like it. I used to eat gelatin, and probably still would if not vegetarian (even though I don't think Jello per se is tasty, gelatin is an ingredient in some tasty things). But this food, Jello, in particular, causes me just a tiny bit of cognitive dissonance. 😆🤣

(It's the "unpopular opinions" thread, right? 😉)

I use a vegan gelatin free jello- agar also works
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    That I really love chips 🍟
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    I love junk food generally really
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Jello is gross.

Not sure that’s really unpopular.

I dunno...every time someone asks for suggestions for low-cal snacks, people always jump in with the sugar-free Jello. Blahhhhh.....

Such a joyful, jolly, jiggly, colorful food . . . made by boiling boiling animal skin, tendons, ligaments, and/or bones. Yum!

I've got nothing against people eating meat, or eating gelatin, if they like it. I used to eat gelatin, and probably still would if not vegetarian (even though I don't think Jello per se is tasty, gelatin is an ingredient in some tasty things). But this food, Jello, in particular, causes me just a tiny bit of cognitive dissonance. 😆🤣

(It's the "unpopular opinions" thread, right? 😉)

Right? Like who wants tendons in their fruity dessert? It could taste fine but just the thought of it turns me off. Yuck.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    wevvegc7y1xj.png
    yum! i actually love jello
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    I just got dragged for saying ketchup on fries is gross. Also the appropriate condiment for tater tots is salsa.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I just got dragged for saying ketchup on fries is gross. Also the appropriate condiment for tater tots is salsa.

I'm in that camp too...I don't ketchup period. Salsa on potatoes is delicious!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    wevvegc7y1xj.png
    yum! i actually love jello

While that’s really pretty, it looks so gross to me.
    I have said here before that my mother wasn’t a very good cook. I’m just remembering jello dishes of my youth. That creamy layer would have been Milnot with no sugar, and I see raspberries, strawberries, carrots and celery in the jello. Just no.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^^^ha ha ...yeah - those 1970 Jello 'things' with all the veggies and fruits are/were the worst thing! I do love jello - but it nothing suspended in it lol😆
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    I hate pizza. I'm not American and I know it's almost a religion in US. I just can't stand the taste. I'd rather waste my calories on ice cream or chocolate cake. I eat pizza like twice a year ( I ate today. I wish I hadn't 😭😭)because I get a
    mad craving for some reason but It tastes like cardboard to me🤢🤷

To be fair, a lot of the pizza out there is really, really bad pizza. I definitely like really good pizza, but yes, a lot of it does taste like cardboard, and that's very sad.

Ikr?? I only eat pizza at high end authentic Italian restaurants here. I really can't stand Dominos. I had a really good pizza in Feb 2020 from a place called Chicago pizza but they are closed now coz it's not a very popular dish here🤷
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I think most salsas you find at the store (shelf stable) are disgusting. FRESH pico is great though
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member

I think most salsas you find at the store (shelf stable) are disgusting. FRESH pico is great though

Agree (don't feel this way about hot sauces more generally), but homemade salsa is great. I don't generally put it on potatoes, however, but I can see the appeal.
  • pancakerunner
    I think fried rice and egg rolls (among other chinese foods) are over rated
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,815 Member

I love eggrolls!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

I love eggrolls!

I've never had one!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I love black licorice

I'm going to send you alllllll of the licorice-flavored Jelly Bellies in the monster-sized Jelly Belly mix that my husband brought home from Costco.
    It's the only flavor in there that I don't like.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    I love black licorice

I'm going to send you alllllll of the licorice-flavored Jelly Bellies in the monster-sized Jelly Belly mix that my husband brought home from Costco.

I get all the licorice flavored ones when my wife gets that tub from Costco - I love 'em!!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,815 Member

I love eggrolls!

I've never had one!

You try all kinds of new products but not eggrolls? What is this lol
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    I love black licorice

I want some too!