Fit For Future Families - September 2011

Options

Replies

• Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So ya, Operation: Flawless Fertility is underway!!!!

fingers crossed for you. it sounds like you have a good plan. :) by the way, have i mentioned how much i love lists? :D

Haha, I know right, lists are the BEST! If only I could ever finish a list. I feel like a make a lot of them but rarely cross things off them.
  • MirandaSwafford
    MirandaSwafford Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ok....question.....i have pcos...so that usually means that you don't ovulate and that your follicle turns into a cyst because it doesn't drop...so....if i get a positive OPK does that mean that i am going to ovulate or that it is just going to turn into a cyst? never thought about it before but...i have never had 2 lines show up before either so it got me thinking? anybody have a clue? :)
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    ok....question.....i have pcos...so that usually means that you don't ovulate and that your follicle turns into a cyst because it doesn't drop...so....if i get a positive OPK does that mean that i am going to ovulate or that it is just going to turn into a cyst? never thought about it before but...i have never had 2 lines show up before either so it got me thinking? anybody have a clue? :)
    Sorry Hun, a +OPK just means that your body is giving you a luteal hormone surge, which means ovulation is normally a 18-36 hours away. It doesn't mean that you actually WILL ovulate. In fact, some ladies will have their bodies gear up to O, get a +OPK and then it won't so it will happen again the following week.
    From what I've hear from other ladies with PCOS, OPKs aren't always reliable for that condition.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

So I haven't had a chance to get read up on everyone - this weekend was jam-packed with FAR too much school stuff, and when I tool breaks I needed to get up off my butt and move around.

Today, though, we met with some of DH's friends, who hadn't met before. They have 15 month old twins from IVF and they were so great! We talked about so many different things, including our doctors (same ones!). It was great and made me feel more connected and they gave me a lot of hope and faith in our clinic.

One thing that came up in conversation was sharing our predictament with other people. They said they had a tremendous amount of support from their families and friends and weren't shy to tell anyone about what was going on. Us, on the otherhand, we haven't told anyone. Heck, barely anyone knows we're TTC at all. I just don't think our families would know how to be particularly supportive and we really don't have many close friends at all...

I'm curioius how if you ladies have shared your journey with people?
  • MirandaSwafford
    Options
    Sorry Hun, a +OPK just means that your body is giving you a luteal hormone surge, which means ovulation is normally a 18-36 hours away. It doesn't mean that you actually WILL ovulate. In fact, some ladies will have their bodies gear up to O, get a +OPK and then it won't so it will happen again the following week.
    From what I've hear from other ladies with PCOS, OPKs aren't always reliable for that condition.
    that's what i figured...i just can't figure out why the dr. keeps asking if i use opk's and if they have ever been positve? who knows.....i don't think i am going to use them because they aren't really gonna tell me anything...o well..:/
  • MirandaSwafford
    Options
    jalara- if i had it to do over i wouldn't have told anyone we were ttc until later on....i didn't think at 21 i would have any problems getting preggo...little did i know that i wouldn't have a baby that easy....my family is pretty supportive but they don't really understand what i go thru....4 years later still no baby and it's like my problems have just got put on the back burner...we are now moving forward with some infertility treatments since i have lost weight....but no one quiet understands what your going thru anyway unless they have been through it too....so...guess what im trying to say is keep it a secret unless you just want to tell....because most likely they won't know what to do once they know :) or they will just ask you everytime they see you if your preggo yet...so ...good luck!
  • renothegirl
    renothegirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been reading through the posts on here and I'm happy to find such a supportive group. I hope you'll have me!

Where you live: Michigan
    Job: Librarian
    Length of time on the board: just now!
    Marital Status: Committed relationship
    Length of time you've been with SO: Five years
    Do you have kids: Nope, just a kitty we treat like a spoiled child.
    Length of time TTC: Just this past month.
    Diagnosis: Not really a diagnosis, but a little background info: I've never had a regular period, and I just went off bc in April. It took almost eighty days to get my period back, which is a lot sooner that I thought it would be come back. Since then, though, I had another period after forty-nine days and then just this past week I started a really light period after twenty-three days. I also went in for another PAP after a slightly abnormal one in June. Still waiting on the results. I'm pretty sure that will turn out ok, but I'm nervous that I have issues with ovulation.
    Do you chart your BBT: Just started this weekend, but I already forgot this morning. >:(
    Do you use OPKs: Nope.
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Nope.
    Height: 5'3
    Weight: 145
    Goal Weight: 125
    Strange fact about yourself: I have extremely large feet for being so short. Size nine.

Looking forward to reading more posts and contributing some as well.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Okay here goes.....

Emily- *Hugs* So sorry hun! Hope you get feeling better but I know its hard. I had something similar happen as well, and I was on BC trying to PREVENT a pregnancy but it really tore me up inside when I found out I was having a miscarriage.

Alisa- LOVE love love your vacation story! Love that you and your hubby are together, and keeping my fingers crossed you get a BFP!

Batgirl- *hugs* Sorry you're feeling down and things aren't going well. But I'm very glad it sounds like you have a very supportive hubby on your side!

Kitty- Great list! I really wish I would have gotten my wisdom teeth removed before LO was born (or I even got pg). But I didn't want to take off work, and now my husband won't take off work to help take care of LO while I recover hahaha

Karen- Welcome back! Glad you had a good vacation, even with the heavy stuff.

Jalara- I'm sure that was so encouraging to meet with those friends and see their success! As far as sharing our journey- my husband and I never told anyone we were trying when I got pg with my daughter, because it happened so fast. When we told my parents we WERE pg they were NOT supportive at all. Even though I was 22, had a great job, a house, and a husband for over a year, that conversation took me back to high school. It was terrible. This time we have told a few people we're trying, but I almost wish we wouldn't have because now every time I see them I feel like they're expecting me to tell them "We're pregnant!" So I feel kind of like I'm disappointing them? Weird, I know

Reno- Welcome!

AFM- Don't really know where to begin. I've been feeling down this weekend, for no apparent reason. Except that the team I was on for the September Tribal Challenge disbanded so I feel kind of abandoned! I'm so weird sometimes, LOL! I've decided to give up on group challenges for the time being and just focus on doing things on my own. Yesterday I got the OPKs in the mail so I'm looking forward to starting those in a couple weeks. Tomorrow my daughter has her first Kindermusik class and I'm hoping that will be a lot of fun for both of us! Hope you all have a great week and baby dust to us all!!! :flowerforyou:
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I skimmed what you all wrote so I apologize for not responding to everyone but i wanted to pop on and say hey and give a little update. Thank you all for the encouragment, and hugs back to you all!

Karen- Welcom back! We missed you! I'm glad you had a good vacation. I skimmed your soap box and you are so right, thanks for the reminder! my therapist likes to say "don't should yourself." A while ago I did an experiment and if something came up that I "should" do I asked myself "do I WANT or NEED to do that?" If i couldn't replace the word should with want or need then I didn't do it, it was very freeing.

Karen- the doctor said I can do tylenol and it KINDA works but not real great. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it tomorrow. Insurance wont cover a chiropractor but I'm going to ask hubby if he minds if we pay out of pocket. My sister seems to think it would help, I have bone spurs in my shoulder which are compressing a nerve. not fun! Also, good luck with the OPKs and everything!

AFM: Things are going better. Friday night the hubby and I went mountain biking which was a blast (minus all the DISGUSTING spiders) then Saturday we got free ring side tickets to a world championship boxing match! That actual fight for the championship was kinda lame because it ended early due to an accidental head butt, however, the other 7 or so fights were awesome and fun to watch. i would go into details but I'm sure some of you really don't want them.

I finally told my hubby about the miscarriage and he pretty much had no response. He just asked if I would ovulate this month. :-/ but hey, I guess we all feel things a different way and he was not feeling what was going on in my body. I have an appt for a pap tomorrow so that will help me know everything is healthy. i think I might have a yeast infection (another thing that makes me think it was an actual pregnancy because I have NEVER had one before) so I'll be able to find out for sure tomorrow and get that taken care of. I'm thinking about finally picking up some OPK's I know that temping is the only way to know IF you ovulated, but this will at least make me a little more aware of my cycle. It will also help me give my husband more informed information. His thought is, if we don't know WHEN you're going to ovulate then we should just do the BD every other day so as to make sure we don't miss it. I'm not too opposed to that, but with working different shifts, it leaves me very tired at work which I do not need!

Haven't been real great with my goals so here is too a new week!
    Water and streching goals were mostly met
    Fast food and deep fried food were met until this weekend, just going to continue with the same goals and really commit to doign better this week!
    also my goal is to get a flyer up to sell my scuba gear and my computer
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    HI all....sorry for being so absent....alot to deal with this past week.....very overwhelming.....I haven't had the chance to catch up on how all of you are doing....sorry....will try my hardest to check in today.

AFM- I think I had another spontaneous miscarriage. This would be my third over a few years. The last one was early summer and my doctor checked me out and did tests...and I appear to be okay and it seems it was just one of those things....I'm not even going to bother going to get checked out this time. But I will if it happens again. Sucks royally but such is life. Trying not to be upset about it.....and will keep on trying!

Made some realizations lately.....and gonna go and talk to someone....been snippy and anxious and taking it out my my hunnie.....and it kicked in when he rubbed my belly the other day and said "I don't want an angry baby". Then my friend said that I should really get things off my chest before I have a baby, cuz if I leave things un dealt with....it could get worse. And I know they are right.....and have finally accepted that I can be an angry person sometimes.....ARG this sucks!! LOL I used to be the counselor for crying out loud and now I'm the one that needs to talk.....boooo LOL I guess I just let things built up over the years.....because I would always fix other people....and never once thought to myself that I needed to deal with my own past. These feelings sure hit me like a rock now that trying to have a baby is becoming real.

Emily.- I know about not getting much of a response from our hubbies......Mine is non-responsive too.....I don't think for them its real yet because we haven't been trying for long.....and its not their body going through anything....so the emotional attachment isn't there yet. I know how you feel girl!!!
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies Corrine (sweetness623), Heather (bookworm03), Melissa (melissaforster07), Mel (meljones), mrsmccullen07 & renothegirl!!

Destiny (thedestar) - I say keep on your weight loss plan while trying. As long as you're not starving yourself or overdoing it on the working out, being healthier cannot hurt. Plus, I'm finding that I have more energy for BD'ing too! :blushing:

Luki - Hope you got a great group of student this year!

Mandy (imarunner8908) - Choosing a doctor isn't as straight forward as it seems. I had at least 2 or 3 different OB-GYNs before I found one I was comfortable with. And my decision had nothing to do with the exam part. It was all about how I felt they treated me when we discussed options. I think honesty and respect are the most important things. Good luck!

Dawn (godbless...) - I totally need to do your reduce paper clutter goal. It's just so overwhelming!

EmilyRanae - Just lots and lots of *HUGS*

Alisa - Welcome back! It was so fun to read about your reunion (even unplanned) and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. I've got fingers and toes crossed for you.

Amanda (batgirlrox) - *HUGS* to you too. This journey is such an emotional roller coaster. Just take it one day at a time. And glad your hubby can make you laugh.

kittyfeliz - Great goals and great name for your journey!

Karen (kah78) - What good perspective, especially out of an emotional moment. Thinking thoughts of strength for you!

Jalara - Hmm... about telling people. I haven't told my parents outright for the last 4 years, but I'm thinking about it. Mostly because if we go the next step, I kind of want someone besides my husband to know I'm in and out of doctors' offices in case anything goes wrong. My closest friends know and also know not to keep asking about it. And I told my brother for the same reason. He's good at running interference with my folks. I don't just tell acquaintances though, it's really none of their business.

Miranda (cupcake0325) - I have PCOS and use OPK's and I don't know if I'm actually ovulating or not, but it's way less stressful than temping for me. I didn't have any luck with Clomid or Femara, so I'm in a holding pattern with natural trying until we decide if we're going to do IUI or IVF. I like the OPK's because they at least give me the right window, so if I actually do ovulate (and not just get another damn cyst), than I have a better chance of success. Oddly, the healthier I've gotten, the more regular I've gotten and the more I feel that I am actually ovulating. Now I'm at the point of trying to figure out why they're not sticking.

Nancy (panteralgirl) - Big *HUGS* to you too! Whatever you decide to do, good luck. I always think talking it out with someone who either can relate, or professionally knows how to relate is a good thing.

----

AFM, Rough week. I was mostly on track with my calorie intake, but there was so much other life stuff going on, I really didn't have the chance to get in much exercise. I'm really missing the gym! Only down a little bit, but at least it is down!

MFP SW (March 2011): 211
    Calendar week 33: 175.4 (-1.6)
    Calendar week 34: 173.8 (-1.6)
    Calendar week 35: 172.6 (-1.2)
    Calendar week 36: 172.2 (-0.4)
    Calendar week 37: 172.0 (-0.2)

Unfortunately, this week isn't going to be any better. Sad news, my grandma died over the weekend so Tuesday we're headed to South Dakota for the funeral then Montana for the burial. I'm at peace with her passing, but I think it has been really rough on my mom. I'm anxious to get there so I can be there for her.

My goals are to try to get at least some exercise in this week while I'm away so I don't let all the emotion of the week drain me and to stay within maintenance calories as much as possible.

Thanks as always for being such great support!
    Stephanie
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey all--so, full disclosure--I DID gain 4 lbs on vacation. OY! And then I signed myself up for Weight Watchers Online yesterday morning. (Coincidence? I think NOT!) Don't worry--I'm not leaving the forum, but the vacay kicked my (slightly bigger) *kitten* into doing it. I've paid for 4 months, which should get me to the new year and we'll see how it goes. Right now I'm just trying to figure it all out, but even the challenge of figuring out how to do the program has kicked me off my lethargic center in the last 24 hours and I feel in a more motivated place, which is good. I hope it lasts. It's completely different than counting calories, so we'll see how it goes. And it really seems to "penalize" carbs. Me no like that, but I guess it will help. I gotta choose when I want them, rather than just eat em. I chose this week too because my husband is out of town for the week for a business trip, which gives me a few days to just focus on food that i need to feed me (and my boy), without needing to take hubby's wants into consideration. Nice side effect, I discovered that my little guy like broccoli! Who would have guessed...
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies!! Quick responses to (hopefully) everyone!

Jalara - my family knows (it was easier than dealing with the continual questions of when we were going to have more kids) and my close friends know. A lot of my friends are TTC or have recently gotten preggo so it's a very popular topic and again to keep from having questions asked we decided to be open w it so that people know to be a little more sensitive.

Emily - I'm sorry that your hubs had a less than desirable response. The silver lining would be that he's ready get back in the saddle. I know it is very emotional for you (obv) but boys are dumb and don't realize the instant connection we have with situations like this.

Cupcake - I started out using OPK's thn decided not to waste my $$ bc u can have am LH surge wo ovulating. So temping and bloodwork are really the only ways for someone w PCOS to determine ovulation. Jalara was right on w her answer

Karen - I think it's funny that ur son likes broccoli bc that is the ONLY veggie my son WON'T eat!!

Stephanie - sorry to hear about ur grandmother. Losing a family member is never easy

AFM - we shipping the last of the family out today. My parents left yesterday and my MIL left this morning. They are all amazing house guests but I will be glad to have my house back. Hubs goes in today for his surgery consult to schedule his surgery etc...that will determine the rest of the week. We're hoping for Friday so that I can be home w him during the weekend. Plus we have his SA scheduled for Thursday morning haha
    I'm going in for CD21 bloodwork and the results will be back next week. I am resisting the urge to start peeing on this bc based on symptoms I should be 8-10DPO....I promised my friend I would wait until I get my progesterone results back to do a HPT.....hubs and I are going to sit down w a calandrr and go over our timing options incase it doesn't happen this month.
    W hubs getting ready to have surgery our diet is getting ready to change drastically which is good bc I'm still hovering at 148 Nd hubs has put on a few pounds since he's been able to drink beer regularly again haha
  • newleafbeth11
    Options
    Kah: Welcome back. No fun dealing with heavy stuff on your vacation, but it's good you worked through it. :) And psychobabble is a-okay with me... I majored in psychology and am going to be working on grad school in that vein here pretty soon. Obviously I can't speak for anyone else though. :) And it's a very good point. I am very, very bad at following that particular idea, but that doesn't make it any less right.

Alisa: I'm the same way about surprises... I would have reacted very similarly. My husband, of course, LOVES to surprise me... so I have had to work on that a little bit. But I'm so happy you had a great vacation. :) Fingers crossed for your BFP!

Emily: I'm so sorry... I definitely understand how you feel though. My miscarriage was during a time we were actively trying to prevent pregnancy, and I couldn't understand why I felt so incredibly broken-hearted over it. I cried for hours. And my husband (boyfriend then) was just completely lost... yeah. no fun. But if that happened while we were specifically trying, I am pretty sure it would be worse. :( But I'm glad things are going better. Good luck with the not-so-pleasant doc visit though.

Kitty: Definitely like your list! Good luck with all of it for sure. :)

Welcome Reno!

Jalara: We're waiting right now, but we already decided not to tell anyone. Honestly, because it just feels private. I guess, if we have actual fertility problems, I might talk to my mom about it because she and I are really close. But if we are just trying, we will probably not say anything.

Stephanie: Sorry to hear about your grandma passing. I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.

AFM: Goals last week kinda sucked a lot. Well, I didn't pick fights with my husband, so that was good. But I haven't been making my water goals, very little intentional exercise and none at the gym (which irritates me because I'm paying for a membership!). And our vehicle is still being figured out. My husband decided to take it to the shop and at least see what's wrong with it and how much it would cost to fix it.... but the truck is literally older than we are and we couldn't sell the thing for 200 bucks, so I don't really see the point in repairing it. Especially considering it's a teeny tiny little three-seater pick up truck, and will absolutely not work for having a kiddo. I mean, don't get me wrong - it's rather safe (my husband's father got into a car accident with it years ago and it had a few dents in the side... the other car was basically destroyed). It's just not big enough to hold two adults and a car seat. But at the same time, we cannot afford to buy a car right now and the hours I work at my job means that public transportation is rather unpleasant. So I don't know. I guess I'll know that tonight or tomorrow.

Goals this week: Get back on the healthy eating train! I've been staying within calorie goals for the most part, but going to be hungry because I'm eating small amounts of calorie dense junk rather than lots of healthy yummy, nutrient dense stuff.
    So, 1. limit my unhealthy food intake.
    2.Drink lots of water (at least the recommended 8 glasses).
    3. Actually make it to the gym a few days this week.
    4. Finish my current educational book before starting the fun book.
    5. Make the doctor's appointment now that my health insurance is reinstated.
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Oh Emily I'm sorry about everything. I'm glad you let it out though!

Stephanie, sorry about your grandpa.

Jalara, I've told people. A few close friends, one who had infertility problems herself. The only people I'm more hesitant to tell is my own family strangely enough. I mentioned something about it to my mom a week or so ago. But to me the decision whether or not to tell isn't HUGE. I mean, I'm pretty much an open book already so if people ask about our baby status I'd rather give them a little info than pretend like everything is fine. I usually just say that we've found out we're up against some obsticles and leave it at that. It satisfies their curiosity, but without going into all the details. The bottom line for me is that I NEED an outlet to vent. So someone HAS to know. So I have my group of friends that goes out for girls night once a month and that's my main support group. Of course they're all supportive, I can't imagine what some people are going through with unsupportive friends/family. That would be terrible and my heart goes out to you all.

Newleaf good luck with the car situation. Cars suck. We put so much money into them and then poof, that's it. Hope it gets worked out!

Alisa, tell your husband good luck with the surgery and I've got my BDing fingers crossed for you! :)

AFM: just got back with my first appointment with my new OBGYN. She was SUPER nice. Which was great. She felt like something might be a little enlarged in there so I'm going in on Wed for a pelvic ultrasound. Yay. (please take note of sarcasm). She thinks I might not be ovulating since my cylces are so long and sort of all over the place. That stung. I need to keep busy here at work or I might not make it through the day. She said she could prescribe me clomid, but since we've already met with a fertility specialist who already was recommending IVF, I should go back to him so he can see us through the whole process that way since their clinic doesn't do those types of procedures anymore. So there. I'm glad I went and that she seems to really care. I hope I can go back to see her soon (with good news!).
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    On another note:

Thoughts on getting tested to see if you are a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene? My doc recommended it, I'm curious if any of you have done it, considered it, did it, didn't do it and why?

I mean, if insurance covers it then hell yes. Otherwise she said it's $700-$800 to be tested.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Renothegirl- Welcome to our group....these ladies are awesome.

Jalara- As for telling your family...Its a hard thing to think about....I cannot relate as I only started TTC so am choosing to keep it a secret with the exception of a few close friends......Do you think by telling your family you will have to be their support system rather than them be yours??? If so are you prepared to deal with that? However, some people could surprise you and be more supportive than you think. Its a tough situation you are in....I wish I could give you more input. By the way that receipt was friggin halarious!! I have such a dirty mind cuz I looked at receipt before I read your comment....naughty naughty me!!! LOL

Thedestar- I hate when I 'm down for no reason and all I feel like doing is moping around!! I hope your week gets better and you are able to cheer up *hugs*

Kittyfelize- Go and get your wisdom teeth out.....Trust me....I just went through the same thing....only mine weren't bothering me...all they were doing is shifting my teeth....and I thought to myself if I don't get them out now...I never will....and will spend thousands on braces to correct my teeth if I got pregnant and they kept shifting....then who wants to get their teeth out with a new born to care for?? It will be that much harder for you to get them out later.....Do it...do it if you're bad ;) I'm bad!! LOL

Everyone else....I'm still trying to catch up.....bare with me.....work has been hectic today!!! xo
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    On another note:

Thoughts on getting tested to see if you are a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene? My doc recommended it, I'm curious if any of you have done it, considered it, did it, didn't do it and why?

I mean, if insurance covers it then hell yes. Otherwise she said it's $700-$800 to be tested.

Yeah--when we started IUI, they asked if we wanted to be tested. We already have one kid who doesn't have it, so we decided not to do the testing. The rest of the rationale was purely financial. A friend did do the testing, and she came back positive for the gene, so they wouldn't continue treatment until he got tested too, which made them have to wait another month or so for the results. So, just be prepared if that happens. He wasn't a carrier, so it didn't matter, other than throwing off their treatment schedule.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Melissa, Mel, Mrs.McCullen, Reno- WELCOME

Emily- :o( I’m sorry! I felt the same way when the Dr. confirmed that I have probably had 4+ early miscarriages at my last appointment. I mean I had thought they were early miscarriages all along, but it is different hearing it from a Dr. And in some ways it is harder not to be able to confirm it. And EWWW I hate spiders!

Alissa- Welcome back! Finger crossed!!!

Jalara- We have shared most of our journey with people especially everything with the adoption. I think pretty much everyone knows we have been TTC for 3 years and counting. For some reason I have had a hard time telling people about the low progesterone diagnosis that just happened- it feels a bit personal. Again not sure why since we’ve been so open up to this point, but its weird to tell people about the fact that I’m ovulating late

Pantera- :o( So sorry!

AFM- Still up 2 pounds for the month, but I’m going to blame it on the progesterone and hope it comes off…or am pregnant :o) I had my first pregnancy dream in almost 2 years Saturday night. I was very strange to wake up and think, WOW that was a pregnancy dream. I’m hoping it means good things and not just wishful thinking. If I wasn’t on progesterone yesterday would have been CD1 and my body seems to be fighting the hormones- I had stabbing cramps on and off all day yesterday and light spotting today…but I’m trying not to give up on this cycle until it is actually over. On a positive note I have been nauseous the past four mornings (but that could be because I moved my vitamins to the morning so I don’t take them at the same time as the hormones) I laugh when I think that being nauseous is a positive, but I’m soooooooo looking forward to the possibility of morning sickness considering the payoff. I test on Saturday morning and then will know…
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I bought a basil thermometer tonight with plans to start charting when my next cycle starts. It's amazing how one 10$ purchase brought so many emotions at one time. I am so excited and scared for what this road is going to bring. My mind has raced about 100 miles a minute ever since I brought it home. I am overwhelmed by emotions right now.

I know I don't know all of you ladies to well yet, but reading over your posts the last few days has encouraged me so much. When I was diagnosed with PCOS I just didn't feel like I was going to be able to walk down this road. My Mom had a terrible time getting pregnant (and staying pregnant) and I heard so many "horror" stories growing up of how hard it was on her. That's always made me scared of what it would like. I'm terrified that I am not going to be strong enough to face what's around the corner. You ladies are amazing. In just a few days of following this board you have encouraged me. You are real women walking this road and proving that you can take another step. It may not be easy, but there is a great prize at the end. It's so encouraging for me to read your doubts, fears, and happy moments. It proves to me that I don't have to be super strong...I just have to be willing to walk the path.

Thank you ladies. You have enlightened me already! Excited to continue to share this journey with you all.... :-)