The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2021
    @billydriskell I love rest days! Today is supposed to be my rest day too (I've had too many of them lately), but I didn't do my arm workout last night, so I might do it tonight.
  • billydriskell
    billydriskell Posts: 9 Member
    I do a push pull split. And swim 3 times a week.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    my son swims! it's really hard work!! the calories he burns..off the charts
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    @cgrout78 I've been trying to figure out how I am going to get all my exercise in once we get our boat - maybe I will just swim a few laps around it to burn some calories!
  • goldyray1
    goldyray1 Posts: 64 Member
    Soon to be 67. I have about 30 pounds to lose. I could use all the help I can get!!!!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,243 Member
    Tried in all my clothes today, it has motivated me to knuckle down and lose some more weight and inches as they are still a bit tight. I WILL get there, you can join me if you want, good luck everyone!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    :yawn: is it Friday yet? 😁
    Good morning middle-agers, looks like you're all doing great.. good job 👏
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2021
    Feel free to add me ..... If still on here not sure since date looks old
  • everunnels
    everunnels Posts: 1 Member
    I've been using MFP for a couple of months and it has become a habit. Fortunately, my husband is using it with me. We have been cooking more and modifying our portions. He saves calories for the weekend so he can drink beer. I save calories for ice cream! We are both diabetic so have to be mindful of sugar and carbs as well. I wish I knew in my 30s and 40s that I was setting myself up for bad habits that were going to effect me long-term. "Hey, Eve! You're doing something about it NOW!" I can still be active and feel better, do better. This is my journey NOW.
  • uptight
    uptight Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hi everyone! I'm 44, going to be 45 in August. I had tried using MFP again in the past but life and having kids got in the way. Now my youngest is 2.5 years old and in January I hit 76 kilograms (that's 167.5lbs) which is as heavy as I was after giving birth to him, and the heaviest I've been without being pregnant. So I thought this is it, I'm going to be serious this time and take it slowly and steadily. I have lost 6 kgs so far and weighed in at 70.1 today (154.5lbs) so I'm expecting to see the digit "6" in front of my weight very soon, which I haven't since before I had my eldest, now 5.5 years old. I have not deprived myself of ANYTHING, I've had quite a bit of chocolate, ice cream, beer & wine and I've also been baking regularly. What has changed (big time) is portion control and calories consumed after 5-6pm. I'm from Greece, and the database incudes loads of Greek foods and recipes so it is a life-saver. Also, I've tried to increase activity, and I'm doing 20-30 minutes of exercise pretty much every night when the kids are asleep, from YouTube videos (there is such an abundance of free vids that I might just never join the gym again!).

I have started fitting into some of my old pants again and that is SO encouraging, because seriously one of the reasons I decided to do this is that I had ended up wearing just a 20% of my clothes because I hated how everything else looked on me, but I also couldn't afford (and just plain didn't want to) build a new wardrobe almost from scratch.

Pleased to meet everyone!

When I finally hit the magic 69 number, I'll post a pic and have a little party, but I still have some way to go till my final goal of 62kgs.

You guys are such an inspiration, I have seen and read all these pics and stories and they have helped a lot with the plateaus. Thanks everyone!
  • lorihalford
    lorihalford Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all. I joined MFP about a week ago and just over 2 weeks ago decided I was going to get serious about losing weight. I never lost the baby weight after having my second child (it FELL off naturally after the first one. Grrr) and he's just turned 5, but in those 5 years I've put on more weight, especially in lockdown.

So, I'm managing portions, cutting WAY down on carbs (especially white carbs) and have given up snacking. Evenings watching TV and eating chocolate had to go.

At 44, my belly has become an issue but in the last 2 weeks I've gone from 86.4kg to 83.3kg so I'm determined to keep going.

I do yoga every morning for flexibility and am doing 25 min bodyweight or cardio sessions at home 2-3 times a week. When the kids go back to school next week, that'll also be 45-60 mins of walking/scooting a day.

Really inspired by lots of your stories. Let's do this!!
  • uptight
    uptight Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all. I joined MFP about a week ago and just over 2 weeks ago decided I was going to get serious about losing weight. I never lost the baby weight after having my second child (it FELL off naturally after the first one. Grrr) and he's just turned 5, but in those 5 years I've put on more weight, especially in lockdown.

So, I'm managing portions, cutting WAY down on carbs (especially white carbs) and have given up snacking. Evenings watching TV and eating chocolate had to go.

At 44, my belly has become an issue but in the last 2 weeks I've gone from 86.4kg to 83.3kg so I'm determined to keep going.

I do yoga every morning for flexibility and am doing 25 min bodyweight or cardio sessions at home 2-3 times a week. When the kids go back to school next week, that'll also be 45-60 mins of walking/scooting a day.

Really inspired by lots of your stories. Let's do this!!

This sounds a LOT like my story! Keep going!
  • Rhondajfox76
    Rhondajfox76 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone My name is Rhonda and I new here to try counting calories and loose some weight. I walk daily with a goal of 7000 steps a day and eating healthier.
  • billydriskell
    coffee time
  • billydriskell
    workout complete. push day
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    workout complete. push day

Good job 👏
  • billydriskell