Women 200lb+, Let's Amaze Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• Arralethe
    Arralethe Posts: 222 Member
    @goal06082021 I hear you, I really do. I've likely got at least 2 years of on and off deficit ahead of me, and then a lifetime of plan, prep, weigh and track.

I simply can't trust myself - my inner child wants all the snack food, especially when I'm feeling low or tired.

Or there are times like today, when I'm struggling with my depression and can't be bothered to move enough to feed myself.... It's all a work in progress, smh.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    One of my new favorite quotes is: "Be patient when becoming someone you haven't been before." (Tanya Markul)

Oh wow, that's a really good way to put it.

I've always been a fat person. I have never had a "normal" BMI as an adult, or even as a kid/teen for that matter. I have no idea what it is like to be a person who is not fat. This journey I'm on now, I'm aiming for 2021 to be the last year that I am the person I've been up to this point, making the kinds of choices that have kept me the way I am for so long. GW for this year is 196lbs, that'll be 52 lbs lost in 52 weeks from January 1, and then the plan is to basically do that again next year. My lowest adult weight was 169lbs, for like five minutes in 2012. In 2022, in going from 196lbs to 144lbs, I will complete my transformation into an entirely new person with new habits, and a new body that will move through the world differently than the one I have now does. I will become someone I haven't been before. I'm not getting my body back, since I never had it to begin with. But, like a caterpillar completely rebuilds itself on a cellular level to become a butterfly, I'm becoming that person. I've always been drawn to butterfly imagery and it just keeps getting more and more apropos.

Wow @goal06082021 so inspiring!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    I'm having some real issues with my hip flexibility. The yoga stuff recommended by (skinny) friends does a number on my knees. Anyone have a suggestion for ways to improve hip flexibility that doesnt require being on your knees to do side donkeys?!!
  • trinati2001
    @Angief05 are you kidding 18lbs is a huge amount to take off. Keep up the great work.
  • trinati2001
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 great job!! This is something I struggle with myself. I'll strive to be able to emotional eating with the same moderation that you have been able to achieve.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    @wanderinglight
    I get my second vaccine on the 21st! I also draw and paint. It brings me so much peace. I love your work!
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    @ladychr0nic we both started at very similar weights and my first target is to see a one as my first number. I was hoping it would be by the end of this month but I may have been a bit too optimistic about how much weight I could drop in a month, things are moving in the right direction though and I know it won't be long till I see that one if I just keep doing what I'm doing. I'm trying to avoid health issues too, one of the main ones is diabetes, my dad was diagnosed as type 2 last month, my Uncle is also type 2 as was my gran and I really don't want to join them.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    JNettie73 wrote: »
    @wanderinglight
    I get my second vaccine on the 21st! I also draw and paint. It brings me so much peace. I love your work!

Thank you so much! It really is so relaxing and therapeutic!