Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Women 200lb+, Let's Amaze Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• Brooke2305Brooke2305 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Arralethe wrote: »

I'm coming up to the end of my first 12 week deficit cycle (I'm on an aggressive deficit for now), and will enter a 2 week maintenance "diet break" phase on 5 April. BUT I'll still be logging, weighing weekly and exercising, not stuffing myself silly.

Hey Arralethec! Will you tell me more about your 12 week deficit cycle and the 2 week maintenance schedule? Does this avoid plateaus? How has this worked for you? Thank you! Hoping to avoid plateauing here soon!
  • goal06082021goal06082021 Member Posts: 810 Member Member Posts: 810 Member
    I want to pick up a handicraft for the same reasons as you @misplacedmama, but I just can't decide on one. And I, unfortunately, do not have infinite money to sample a dozen art hobbies. I do have a nice set of watercolors, but I'd really like to get a Baby's First Cross-Stitch kit or something, cross-stitch looks so meditative and fun and much easier to just pick up and put down as my attention span allows. Watercolor is nice and all but it requires a lot of setup and cleanup.
  • misplacedmamamisplacedmama Member, Premium Posts: 53 Member Member, Premium Posts: 53 Member
    @goal06082021 I hear you. Cross-stitch is a good one to work on here and there and generally doesn't require a lot of set-up and clean-up.
  • girlinkazgirlinkaz Member Posts: 18 Member Member Posts: 18 Member
    @goal06082021 do you knit or crochet? I love both of those handcrafts because I find the repetitive motion sooo meditative and calming. I usually try to crochet or knit while watching tv because then it stops me from sinking into the bored listless TV stupor where I let Netflix continue on to the next episode, and the next episode... but cross-stitch is lots of fun too!!
  • VickyEltonGreenVickyEltonGreen Member Posts: 57 Member Member Posts: 57 Member
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28/2020
    290.6 lbs - weighin on 04/03/2021 -- ( 18.0 lbs - Total Loss to date)

April - Mini Goal -- 288 lbs - (need to lose 4.6 lbs or 1.0/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

APRIL GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals
    Dining Room -- reorganize, declutter -- Do 15 minutes
    Do Yoga

Did not meet the logging goal. Really need to get back into that habit. That's my focus for this next week.

Fingers Crossed!! 🤞

Cesse47 loved your goals. Can relate to decluttering . Sometimes think I need to keep everything as I need to hold on to the memories.

Thanks for the post!
    edited April 3
  • VickyEltonGreenVickyEltonGreen Member Posts: 57 Member Member Posts: 57 Member
    Cesse47 loved your goals. Appreciated the goal of decluttering. Sometimes I have a hard time of letting go of things. Feel like I am the keeper of the memories.

Thanks for sharing!
  • SpotteddingoSpotteddingo Member, Premium Posts: 59 Member Member, Premium Posts: 59 Member
    @uyister
    New bathing suit...you need that for all your newly acquired swimming skills! Congrats on your exams, too!