The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Sully8331
    Sully8331 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi I'm Sully! Dedicating my entire weekend to a healthier me. No cheating! Been doing that a little to much lately. Happy, healthy weekend to you all
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Looks like you're all on track, smashing it.. good job everyone 👏
  • beckee75
    beckee75 Posts: 5 Member
    So I'm looking to restart my path to getting healthier after not doing much to care for myself for the last 7 years. I use to be an avid runner who ate better and made time for myself to exercise. Looking for some motivation by fellow peers also on a health journey to better themselves. Did well before with tracking calories so hoping I can make this a daily habit.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    This week has to be a good one so I have increased my steps, weights and walks!
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Gained 10lbs since New Year!
    😡

Need you lovely people to keep me on track.
  • slimgirljo15
    😡

Ut oh.. :#
  • NorthStar77
    😡

Yep, although I can kind of put it down to the steroids I'm taking for my lupus.
    Non-stop starving
  • slimgirljo15
    😡

Yep, although I can kind of put it down to the steroids I'm taking for my lupus.
    Non-stop starving

Im sorry to hear about the Lupus, is that a recent diagnosis?
    Steroids are notorious for weight gain I've heard.
  • annliz23
    😡

You can do this sometimes its trial and error if one thing doesn't work tweak! I am static so trying to increase by stepsnow thecweathers getting warmer.
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    I'm 44, and missed the 'Life begins at 40' boat due to medical and personal issues. I've never 'done' a diet or organised exercise, and it shows, I'm heavier now than I was full-term pregnant with my son, and sick and tired of living in leggings.

I have been living in leggings for far too long. This weekend, I went through all my jeans and found a few pair that fit. Seriously, I have not worn anything other than leggings (and the occasional dress at work because it is still comfy) for over 3 years. I think that is my problem, if my jeans were uncomfortable, I knew I had to do something! I have made myself a promise to start wearing them again. I remember after I had my daughter, I was so disappointed that I had to wear a size 5. Now, I am not sure one leg would fit in a 5! But I am working on it. Good luck with your journey!!
  • gaiaresurrected
    gaiaresurrected Posts: 26 Member
    I'm 44, and missed the 'Life begins at 40' boat due to medical and personal issues. I've never 'done' a diet or organised exercise, and it shows, I'm heavier now than I was full-term pregnant with my son, and sick and tired of living in leggings.

I have been living in leggings for far too long. This weekend, I went through all my jeans and found a few pair that fit. Seriously, I have not worn anything other than leggings (and the occasional dress at work because it is still comfy) for over 3 years. I think that is my problem, if my jeans were uncomfortable, I knew I had to do something! I have made myself a promise to start wearing them again. I remember after I had my daughter, I was so disappointed that I had to wear a size 5. Now, I am not sure one leg would fit in a 5! But I am working on it. Good luck with your journey!!

I have one pair of jeans that still sort-of fit, but only on the second day after laundry, on day 1, they audition to be a magician, and attempt to saw me in half. Living in leggings has been an opt-out, not acknowledging how much I’d bulked up, because I wasn’t wearing ‘real’ clothes. I have cupboards full of clothes I don’t wear, because, apart from the supermarket every couple of weeks, I don’t go anywhere, haven’t bought new clothes in years because I REFUSE to buy bigger sizes.

I need to pull myself out of this victim-mindset, the last 6 years, and the last 5 in particular, have been challenging in various ways, but self-identifying as a manatee isn’t a solution. ‘Fell off the wagon’ in spectacular style today, with the 700-cal lunch, and now I’m sulking about spoiling what had been a fairly consistent decent run. (Food-wise, I could tell I was heading for a crash/blip because I hadn’t done any exercise for a few days, that’s a behavioural pattern to watch myself for.)

Onwards and upwards, the days are getting warmer and longer in the UK, I will be able to spend more time gardening, and the lighter mornings mean I can get out walking around the streets before ALL the dog-walkers come out.
  • NorthStar77
    😡

Non-stop starving

Yeah - diagnosed in December after a year of agony and misery.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited April 2021
    😡

Non-stop starving

I am really sorry to hear that 😔 I just looked up Lupus, sounds terrible. I hope you get some relief.
  • Heliotr0pe
    Heliotr0pe Posts: 4 Member
    Hello! I'm a newbie. Never been very fitness conscious, but ready to change that. Been feeling off, lost weight unintentionally and been a couch potato. Already seeing the benefits of the app, and where I can eat more nutritiously, and looking forward to feeling better.
  • FootLover99
    FootLover99 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello yall!
  • NorthStar77
    😡

Non-stop starving

I am really sorry to hear that 😔 I just looked up Lupus, sounds terrible. I hope you get some relief.

I've got it fairly mild, and low(ISH) meds, but still not great. It's the fatigue but mainly the weight gain.
    So I'm too tired to exercise, but now need to exercise more than ever to shift the love handles! 🤣
  • annliz23
    Slow and steady gets you there, let's see if we can add an extra exercise in this week! Good luck everyone.
  • slimgirljo15
    😡

Non-stop starving

I've got it fairly mild, and low(ISH) meds, but still not great. It's the fatigue but mainly the weight gain.
    So I'm too tired to exercise, but now need to exercise more than ever to shift the love handles! 🤣

Lol.. catch 22 😄
  • slimgirljo15
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Slow and steady gets you there, let's see if we can add an extra exercise in this week! Good luck everyone.

This.. I absolutely believe if you keep plugging away you'll get there. :)