GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• ajlmfp22
    ajlmfp22 Posts: 54 Member
    Been about 11-12 weeks since I started going back to lifting at the gym, and I'm glad to report that I'm continuing to trend in the direction I want to go :)

i61gr8uj46q8.jpg
  • runinthesun7
    runinthesun7 Posts: 140 Member
    @jennacole12 I had written a response to your post and I guess I must have either squirreled before sending, or refreshed the page, or what have you. Either way, the message is gonzo.

Firstly... I am in awe of you. You are a determined, unstoppable, strong, and consistent badass beast!! You are killing it!
    I cannot wait to hear how the strongman comp goes. It's going to be so exciting!

When is the actual event? (Date / time?) Do you know if they are livestreaming the event? Is there a way for your fans to cheer you on (remotely) as it happens, or do we need to sit here and bite our nails waiting? :smiley:

Either way, know that I'll (we all will) be cheering you on!

I’m just seeing this!!! I have been so busy and haven’t had much time to check in and then I saw this message and now I’m crying 😭. I can say the same for you, I find the people who have a whole *kitten* ton on their plate, and stress beyond what most can handle, but they still encourage, motivate and cheer on others the most inspiring and amazing people of all.... and that is 100% you my dear friend ❤️

This week is rest week, so no lifting at all that way my muscles have a chance to get all healed and ready to move.... I do get Anxious with 0 workouts, they’re part of my routine and I’m a creature that needs structure 😂. The meet is Saturday the 24th there are about 80 competitors so I’m
    Not actually sure if there is a live stream but I will find out! Right now weirdly mixed between excitement and what the f am I doing, and why did I think I could handle this 😫 kind of terrified lol.

I appreciate you all on this thread and every single ounce of support. At the end of the day I just remind myself I am doing this to support my boy, the one who gets sad he’s not like everyone else, my special boy 🧩 the one who always asks me why he isn’t cool like his brothers 😭
    For this event I put together a team of 6 competitors and over 32 spectators that will be wearing and supporting team Alex gear 😁 He has his Alex shirt and super hero cape and I pray he feels like the coolest kid on the planet.... that’ll make me the happiest mom in the world 🙏🏻 Ok I’ll stop rambling now 🤣🤣🤣. 👇🏻 Me and my Alex 🖤

843d5zdslhih.jpeg

This was sweet to read. Good luck to you on your competition. I hope Alex feels amazing on his day and you do too for all that you've done!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    @jennacole12 I had written a response to your post and I guess I must have either squirreled before sending, or refreshed the page, or what have you. Either way, the message is gonzo.

Firstly... I am in awe of you. You are a determined, unstoppable, strong, and consistent badass beast!! You are killing it!
    I cannot wait to hear how the strongman comp goes. It's going to be so exciting!

When is the actual event? (Date / time?) Do you know if they are livestreaming the event? Is there a way for your fans to cheer you on (remotely) as it happens, or do we need to sit here and bite our nails waiting? :smiley:

I’m just seeing this!!! I have been so busy and haven’t had much time to check in and then I saw this message and now I’m crying 😭. I can say the same for you, I find the people who have a whole *kitten* ton on their plate, and stress beyond what most can handle, but they still encourage, motivate and cheer on others the most inspiring and amazing people of all.... and that is 100% you my dear friend ❤️

This week is rest week, so no lifting at all that way my muscles have a chance to get all healed and ready to move.... I do get Anxious with 0 workouts, they’re part of my routine and I’m a creature that needs structure 😂. The meet is Saturday the 24th there are about 80 competitors so I’m
    Not actually sure if there is a live stream but I will find out! Right now weirdly mixed between excitement and what the f am I doing, and why did I think I could handle this 😫 kind of terrified lol.

I appreciate you all on this thread and every single ounce of support. At the end of the day I just remind myself I am doing this to support my boy, the one who gets sad he’s not like everyone else, my special boy 🧩 the one who always asks me why he isn’t cool like his brothers 😭
    For this event I put together a team of 6 competitors and over 32 spectators that will be wearing and supporting team Alex gear 😁 He has his Alex shirt and super hero cape and I pray he feels like the coolest kid on the planet.... that’ll make me the happiest mom in the world 🙏🏻 Ok I’ll stop rambling now 🤣🤣🤣. 👇🏻 Me and my Alex 🖤

843d5zdslhih.jpeg

You are a beautiful and amazing Mom and now I'M crying.

Just wondering... Can other people buy team Alex gear? I'd totally buy a shirt and then share a pic of me wearing it. ❤️

Our hurting kids need all the love they can get.
  • KickassAmazon76
    ajlmfp22 wrote: »
    Been about 11-12 weeks since I started going back to lifting at the gym, and I'm glad to report that I'm continuing to trend in the direction I want to go :)

i61gr8uj46q8.jpg

This is great!! Way to go! 👏
  • KickassAmazon76
    lm2i5zaoq931.jpg
    latest bulking up progress some push ups and pull ups session + rope jumping cardio up trying to minimize fat gain while gaining muscle.. still losing my lines thought lol :( but it is what it is gaining muscle will add some fat no matter what i cant wait to start cutting down again

I see lines everywhere. Haha

Doing great!
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    haha Thank you! that gave me hope :D
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited April 2021
    dsc84 wrote: »
    icicua4k8300.jpg

Lifting done! I feel a bit stalled on pretty much everything...I bought some pre-work out to try Wed.

Your lifts are strong! If the number listed next to the date is your body weight, your lifts are really strong. Those are some solid ratios especially on the Squat and Deadlift. You're doing great things!

Do you feel stalled because of lack of energy, or is it just that the weight isn't increasing but energy levels are good?

I would say that if it is stalled for energy pre-workout may help. From personal experience, I will say that it's nice at times, but can not be fun if you start to rely on it to get energy up for a workout. The pre I use has about half the caffeine of most normal ones do, but I try to only use it when I need it. It has helped with early morning workouts, and some later in the day ones, but it can effect your sleep too which is important to busting out of those plateaus.

If it's not energy level, I would suggest working in a regular deload week in your programming, or working in drop sets/ changing the program up just a bit (Dropping weight increasing reps, Changing the order in which you do things, etc.).

I don't know if it's a lack of energy...all the lifts just feel really difficult and I don't want to fail. I am often in the gym by myself. I know I used to lift this much and more and it just feels harder this time around. I only have 4-5 weeks left of regular gym use, so not sure how to work in regular deloads.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    icicua4k8300.jpg

Lifting done! I feel a bit stalled on pretty much everything...I bought some pre-work out to try Wed.

Your lifts are strong! If the number listed next to the date is your body weight, your lifts are really strong. Those are some solid ratios especially on the Squat and Deadlift. You're doing great things!

Do you feel stalled because of lack of energy, or is it just that the weight isn't increasing but energy levels are good?

I would say that if it is stalled for energy pre-workout may help. From personal experience, I will say that it's nice at times, but can not be fun if you start to rely on it to get energy up for a workout. The pre I use has about half the caffeine of most normal ones do, but I try to only use it when I need it. It has helped with early morning workouts, and some later in the day ones, but it can effect your sleep too which is important to busting out of those plateaus.

If it's not energy level, I would suggest working in a regular deload week in your programming, or working in drop sets/ changing the program up just a bit (Dropping weight increasing reps, Changing the order in which you do things, etc.).

I don't know if it's a lack of energy...all the lifts just feel really difficult and I don't want to fail. I am often in the gym by myself. I know I used to lift this much and more and it just feels harder this time around. I only have 4-5 weeks left of regular gym use, so not sure how to work in regular deloads.

Some days it can feel like gravity is set too high and the weight just doesn’t move the same way. How’s your sleep and other recovery factors? One of my biggest struggles is with revenge bedtime procrastination.
  • KickassAmazon76
    I still can't squat heavy because something is going on in my hip joint.

I did decide to take my old homemade squat "rack" outside and tried standing ohp.

This is the 6th set at 67.2 pounds. (8,8,8,7,7,6)

(the cheap bar I got from the hardware store weighs 12.2 pounds haha).

I can see here that when I get tired, my left side sags behind and it throws my alignment off. I need to work on that... But all in all, I felt pretty strong.

Is it a matter of having a tighter core to keep my back straight? Any tips?
    cwaskoin4hfb.gif
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member

I did decide to take my old homemade squat "rack" outside and tried standing ohp.

I can see here that when I get tired, my left side sags behind and it throws my alignment off. I need to work on that... But all in all, I felt pretty strong.

cwaskoin4hfb.gif

I think your core has a lot to do with keeping your back straight
    PS nice work, as always
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member

cwaskoin4hfb.gif

PS nice work, as always

A OHP tip I’ve seen and use with success is to squeeze your glutes as part of bracing and setup. That helps me keep from leaning back too far.
  • KickassAmazon76

PS nice work, as always
    steveko89 wrote: »
    A OHP tip I’ve seen and use with success is to squeeze your glutes as part of bracing and setup. That helps me keep from leaning back too far.

Thanks guys! I was focusing on squeezing my butt and tucking it under (otherwise I get a pretty strong pelvic tilt). I'll try engaging the core more. I'll also try to be aware of my tendency to drop that shoulder and see if I can prevent it.

Much appreciated!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    edited April 2021

PS nice work, as always
    steveko89 wrote: »

Thanks guys! I was focusing on squeezing my butt and tucking it under (otherwise I get a pretty strong pelvic tilt). I'll try engaging the core more. I'll also try to be aware of my tendency to drop that shoulder and see if I can prevent it.

Much appreciated!

I was analyzing your gif of your OHP, could it be, that your elbows are too far behind your center? Because i remember my coach telling to me, that if i do that, i try to correct that on the way up with my shoulders, and maybe this forces you to push harder with 1 side making your alignment off...

It's kinda hard to see on this gif, maybe next time, film one from the side as well, to see if this is the case

Another thing you could work on, is the "shrug" at the top. Your elbows must be locked at the top, and shrug your traps.
    By doing so, you engage more muscles, makes it easier to hold the bar over your head and it prevents shoulder impingement.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    icicua4k8300.jpg

Yeah a regular de-load would be hard with that much time left of regular gym attendance. I'll be honest and say I don't know what I would do in that time frame. Maybe switch up order of exercises? That is a bit of a tough one.

Have you tried the pre-workout yet? Did it help?
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member

cwaskoin4hfb.gif

I love that you can bring it outside!!! Also, the same thing happens to me with whichever side is weaker. Maybe doing one arm presses with dumbbells would build any weaknesses on the left side?
  • jennacole12

843d5zdslhih.jpeg

This was sweet to read. Good luck to you on your competition. I hope Alex feels amazing on his day and you do too for all that you've done!

Thank you So much ❤️
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    icicua4k8300.jpg

Yeah a regular de-load would be hard with that much time left of regular gym attendance. I'll be honest and say I don't know what I would do in that time frame. Maybe switch up order of exercises? That is a bit of a tough one.

Have you tried the pre-workout yet? Did it help?

I'm not going today. I have a muscle spasm or something going on near my right shoulder blade/neck area. Waiting till tomorrow to see how it goes. I already do squats first. They would definitely be harder if I put them after deadlifts!
  • jennacole12

843d5zdslhih.jpeg

You are a beautiful and amazing Mom and now I'M crying.

Just wondering... Can other people buy team Alex gear? I'd totally buy a shirt and then share a pic of me wearing it. ❤️

Our hurting kids need all the love they can get.

I will dm you and just mail you one! No need to buy it 😁❤️