WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Sue--Sorry to hear about your being kicked, I do hope the bruise is the worst of it.

Machka--Stresslaxing--sounds just like me most the time anymore. Feels better just knowing there is a word for it.

Pip--I sent you a PM about your book, I look forward to reading it. I did read the first one.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue: You are right. DH wants a smaller RV. I would be happy driving the car and staying in pet friendly hotels. Our current RV is spacious and pleasant but it needs repairs after each trip.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Barbara, thanks friend. I'm getting used to these glasses. I have some vertigo issues when I wake up and during the night, but doc said there's nothing really to do, just let them pass. Glasses do make that any easier. My brain is slowly getting used to the vertigo at night. We laughed because I told her sometimes I turn on purpose, making the vertigo happen as a sleep aid. Lol!
    💕Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    My doctor said my blood pressure is doing well (it was 120/84 in the office yesterday). My meds were upped from 10 mg to 20mg so its helping. She said the bumps on my hand were nothing to worry about. I have some bumps on the tendons on inside palm. At least I can lift weights no prob. Maybe buy some gloves if they seem tender. No pain though, just feels strange. They're located where the line looks a wee bit red.
    qvya49brr7yl.jpg
    💕Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Options
    I have gardening in mind. Last year deer ate my bean plants and I don’t want to do that again. DH wants cherry tomatoes. We chose a smaller determinant plant variety that is supposed to stay small and produce well. I hope it will be just right. B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,001 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    On the bus this morning ... in celcius. It's 13C outside and the buses are supposed to be 22C. 28.8C is 84F. I like heat, but I like it outside, not in a bus with no ventilation.

lhs4lqzf5ula.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    DH found a USB stick that you can plug into your phone. Never heard of that. :D It has good reviews, so he ordered it from Amazon. Hooray!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

My daughter uses those all the time. I need to buy one for myself.

Tracey

What does the USB stick do? Or what's it for?

It’s a USB that fits into an iPhone or iPad charging port. You can transfer your photos and files to it for storage or moving just like any other USB stick. It’s quite convenient according to my daughter.

do you know if they have one for Android phones?
    It used to be so easy to transfer pictures from my phone to my computer-one cable connecting the two and done. With my new phone it doesn't recognize the phone and won't let me download the way I used to.
    I don't use my phone for much but that is one of the main things I want to be able to do(took me a very long time to figure out how to download my own pictures and not have to ask for help

Debbie

Are you waking your phone up when you connect it? I have to log in and be able to see all of the icons before a computer will recognize my phone.

I tried and husband tried(and he is a lot better than I am) but neither of us could get it to find my phone. My old one, as soon as you plug it in, it automatically goes to the download for the camera/pictures. With the new phone, it says " we couldn't find any pictures or videos on this device"
    I am NOT techy at all so don't like anything that is complicated.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Sue--Sorry to hear about your being kicked, I do hope the bruise is the worst of it.

Machka--Stresslaxing--sounds just like me most the time anymore. Feels better just knowing there is a word for it.

Pip--I sent you a PM about your book, I look forward to reading it. I did read the first one.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3

Are u sure you meant to talk to me? I haven’t written a book, people say I should but I haven’t
  • Katla49
    Options
    Good day today. <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Options
    Heather- I don’t know the first day my husband I met. I can describe it down to how the sun felt on my skin, but I can’t tell you what day it was. I was 13 and he was 17. We dated for about 3 months and met again when I was 18 and he was 22, we were married within 3 months of dating the second time and will be married 34 years in June.

Allie - happy to see your surgery went well. You remind me a lot of my MIL she is impossible to get to slow down. She is 76, she still delivers flyers once a week and is upset that the last senior she helped care for went into a home a couple years ago.
    We all wish she would take a break and relax, but I know that she would be very unhappy doing that.

Machka- you and Heather need to have TeamViewer.

Barbara - My husband and I were talking about the switch from paper to plastic when I came home with a paper bag the other night. The change was starting when I was in Grade 9-10, I remember my Grandfather explaining to me how this was a terrible decision and that everlasting mistakes were being made. He passed in ‘97 but I bet he’s looking down saying, “that’s good”while he nods his head and rubs his bald head.

Michele- I would be worried too, I agree with you. Another sign of abuse is getting the person away from their loved ones.

Saturday was the end of our pay period. I have to bank extra hours, no overtime. I calculated today how many hours I worked in the two weeks and I was 90 hours over my normal 77.5. I put a months worth of work in on 2 weeks! No wonder I have no energy at the end of the day.

I’ve read a little each night, just haven’t taken time to comment lots. Thinking of you all.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Stiff and sore today so took it easy. Did some stretching and short easy walking. Took some naproxen and sat with some heat. Feeling better but have a very large dark bruise.

Barbara - I did use some arnica gel. I have used it in the past with good results.

Lisa - Sounds like you and DH are really getting your little settlement going. We are adding potatoes grown in bags to our repertoire this year We also switched from green beans to snow peas because the slugs were too much for the beans. We are working on getting the debris from the destroyed horse shelter cleaned up so we can get a new one built.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today so got steps in. Since I’m not working tomorrow and I usually worked on Thursdays, I didn’t schedule any exercise but I will.

Speaking of work: today they told me that they were no longer going to have someone cleaning the carts. BUT they asked me “so where would you like to work”. I just said “let’s put it this way, where do you need me?” So as it stand right now I’ll be working on Mondays and Thursdays doing basic cleaning. Is this a job they created for me? I think so. Well, someone did the cleaning (like the coin machine, etc) before so I guess right now I’ll be helping that person out. The disadvantage is that I would like to make more money for my landscaping fund. Also, I probably won't get as many steps in. Well, if I have to wait to get something (like some trees removed), I’ll just wait. The advantage is that during the hot weather I’ll be in the air conditioning. This past winter I, literally, froze since I was by the door. Actually, I like being outside, helping people.

Sue in WA – healing thoughts being sent to you

Kylia – lovely furniture, you have great taste

M – I like the cut of that coat. Good choice

KJ – Denise’s husband is Pete, but that’s OK. Jessica’s bf is colby. Yes, she most likely trying to do it “her” way. The other day I mentioned that when they were small, if someone had offered to babysit for them, I would have been thrilled. So I’ll do for her what I would have liked done for me. She answered me “well, I’m not you”. So, yes, she is trying to do things her way, unfortunately, it seems she wants to take the easy way by not coming to see us or sending me pictures (she does, but about once every few months, and only after I ask repeatedly for them). Pete might be feeling uncomfortable around us. But the only way for him to overcome this is to spend time with us. Again, it’s easier not to deal with us or to deal with us as little as possible. My personal take on this whole issue? I think Vince is trying to come up with reasons why the cats should come first.

I was talking to this lady at work today. Her son will be 2 a few weeks after PJ so I asked her what toys he liked. I mentioned the bubble gun I was thinking of and she mentioned that he had a bubble lawn mower that he loved. So that’s the direction I’m thinking. I looked on Amazon and found a few with the wonderful words of “no batteries required”

They’re calling for cool weather tonight and tomorrow

Allie – so glad it wasn’t something serious

Barbara – arnica never helped me, either

Newcomer bowling tonight!

Michele NC

All the kids I have had here have LOVED the bubble mowers!!