Do you believe in ghosts?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Personally never heard, seen, felt, etc. one.

It's part of the reason why I don't believe in religion either. The story of some guy rising as a ghost after being dead has NEVER been recorded or seen medically and I base practically everything I believe in on science. Now if science some how actually proves it, then I'll likely change my mind as well. Till then, nope.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    What about ghost voice recordings? @ninerbuff
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I was once watching a football game and completely out of the blue, I thought to myself:
    "I bet Tom Brady throws a touchdown pass!"

Then later in the third quarter, he did.

Football ghosts are the best.

• Motorsheen
    Options

So, if space aliens exists..... do they also have ghosts ?

How would one fight-off a space alien ghost ?

I'm beginning to feel a little overmatched here.

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    sloth2not wrote: »
    Definitely. Especially the MFP ghosts lurking in the shadows. friendly and malevolent.

I was hoping of them was back — the main reason I opened the thread.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I think it’s scarier accepting there is nothing after death. Just nothing.

One can both believe in an afterlife and not believe in ghosts.

Quite true.
    I think it’s scarier accepting there is nothing after death. Just nothing.

One can both believe in an afterlife and not believe in ghosts.

Or vice versa; believe in ghosts, but not necessarily an afterlife. Depends on how you define what a ghost is.

Indeed.

I’m just filled with dread of the looming darkness. Death has been on my mind a lot lately.

[Tried to post Debbie Downer gif and failed]

:'(
  • Hungrycatapilar21
    Hungrycatapilar21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! One grabbed my butt the other day and when I turned around there was no one there 🤔😳🤯
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Up_n_Running I found it very interesting what happened with the Medium. As I said, my sister is going with a friend, to see someone soon. She deeply wants to believe, wants to know her dh is feeling love and being cared for but she's a big skeptic. I'm sure if she experiences something like what you did, she'd believe but she figures anybody can dig for information and tell her lots of stuff found on the internet/obituaries, stuff like that. But her friend completely believes in this person so that's why she's going.

Did your visits provide you with a lot of information? I guess I'm just curious what you got out of the experiences.

Yeah I did get a lot of information on both occasions. Both sittings were recorded as well so I could listen back afterwards. It is very useful to do that cos it can be difficult to take it all in at the time, especially if there is a lot of info. Plus it can be hard to remember everything afterwards, so I would recommend taping it.

Things I can remember off the top of my head from the reading....

They said my mum LOVED greetings cards, my mum absolutely DID love them. She basically collected them.

They used particular words and phrases that my mum used to use when she was referring to me.

They gave an accurate description of my mum and dads relationship.

They gave an accurate description of current relationship issues.

The medium spoke about my mum being with me when I received good news. This made sense to me.

They gave good description of my parents characters which i felt was accurate and they spoke about some habits they had. Things they did when alive.

They gave an accurate description of how my dad's life was before he passed.

They also spoke about other people on the other side that were with my mum. But I couldn't possibly know anything about them, since my mum was fostered at a very young age so I did not meet them.

There was other things but I can't recall everything. Hope that is helpful.

Thank you for sharing that! I hope my sister gets a visit like that, with so much information, because she deeply wants to believe. She NEEDS to believe. Now see? Most of those things you mentioned, wouldn't be found through internet searches, etc.

Again, thank you so very much. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I once had a Rolling Stones song in my head and I then turned on my car stereo and a completely different song was playing.... however the other band was also from the U.K.

So Creepy.

You slay me. :)

Do you feel speshull, you have a stalker disagree-er. :) I promise it's not me.
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    I just hope they believe in me
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I just hope they believe in me

I believe in you, Sir 💖
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Thoin wrote: »
    My grandpa was hitchhiking on a very dark night in the middle of a storm back in Ireland. The storm was so strong that he could hardly see his feet in front of him.

Suddenly a car stopped next to him. Without thinking, he got in and closed the door, just to realize that there was nobody behind the steering wheel. The car moved off slowly.

He looked ahead and saw a curve in the road. Scared, he started praying, begging for his life. He was terrified. Just before hitting the curve a hand appeared through the window and turned the steering wheel

My grandpa, now paralyzed with fear, watched how the hand kept appearing every time they got to a curve.

Gathering all his courage, he jumped out and ran to the nearest lights he could see. Wet and in shock, he went into a pub and asked for a double whiskey. After drinking it, he told everyone of the horrible experience he just had

Everyone was silent when they realized he was crying and mostly sober. About half an hour later, two men came walking into the pub and, on seeing the terrified man, the one said to the other, "Paul, isn't that the idiot that got into the car while we were pushing it?"

(My grandpa used to tell this to his grandkids)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Oh my goodness, freaking hysterical! I needed the laugh, thanks!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    @savannahs21 I've been told by others who have experienced different paranormal activity type things, that one has to be 'open and receptive' and 'sensitive' to those kinds of things.
    I really would like to have those experiences but it would probably scare the living daylights out of me if I did.

I wonder how different "open and receptive" is to "observant"...

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I have no reason or experience to believe one way or another... but I very much subscribe tot he idea that there is WAAY WAAY WAY more that we don't know than that we do know, so my default leaning when I don't know is that yes, it's possible. Similar with aliens.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about ghosts as I do religion.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I once had a Rolling Stones song in my head and I then turned on my car stereo and a completely different song was playing.... however the other band was also from the U.K.

So Creepy.

You slay me. :)

Do you feel speshull, you have a stalker disagree-er. :) I promise it's not me.

the stalker / disagreeerer...... probably just a ghost or an evil spirit with their own smartphone.

*shrug

I ain't afraid of no ghosts.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,553 Member
    Options
    I do not believe in “ghosts”.
    I have had a couple things that freaked me out but I was 18-20 and even though I have no explanation, I am sure that there was one.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    What about ghost voice recordings? @ninerbuff
    Never heard ghost voice recordings. If it's from TV, I can't take that as proof because TV's main concern is ratings and they'll fake stuff (edit reality TV shows all the time) just to get them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png