WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    hgg4h701tnmk.jpg

Done!!!!!! We are downstairs again. In stocking feet!!!
    Now celebrating with a glass of wine. B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Looks great!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    Good early morning ladies
    Well i slept until 1 am ,but the congestive heart failure is acting up i try and dlerp propped up,but it is a constant clearing of the throat that drives me nuts,so im awake playing circle words on my phone..
    Only saving grace is that i have Alfie tucked with me under the covers.
    Here is hoping i can get back to sleep

Hope you were able to get back to sleep and that your sleep cycle gets better very soon. Glad you have your pup beside you. Such comfort from a little warm body

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    finally called Kaiser to make appointments for hair loss(it is still falling out) and tear in retina- opted for a phone call instead of in person. Had to talk with my gp to get referred anyways. She has set up a bunch of lab tests for this week-checking all kinds of things and also sent a referral over to get my eye looked at.
    Glad she is doing a lot of tests run- haven't had any done in so many years..

Debbie
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Heather... Love your wood floors... I love wood and would like to remove our carpets and have wood flooring put in. We have 25 year old wood flooring in the kitchen and dining room and it is still really lovely. Someday I might figure out what it would cost to put wood flooring in the rest of the house.... or maybe leave carpet in the bedrooms and just do the living room. I like to think about it,

Healing well from my eye surgery. The surgeon says he thinks I will retain full sight in my eye. I'll see him again next week and then not again until fall. I'm so thankful that the retina in place and there is very little scarring behind the optic nerve. It scares me that I came so close to losing sight in my eye.

Tums are a "go to" for me. It seems like fried foods come back to bite me. I used to love spicy foods but now my body punishes me when I indulge.... which I'm better at not doing these past years.... Funny how a bit of discomfort is such a good teacher. Ha!

Allie, so glad you have your fur baby back... it will really help on the nights you can't sleep and I bet Alfie just loves being home with you. I don't know what I would have done without Ella this Covid year. She and I and our walks have sort of saved my sanity.

Rebecca, awhile back you talked about a good cry.... sometimes that has to happen... I've been having some times where I just need to sit and cry and sometimes I just weep... So many things to be thankful for, but also so many hardships. Crying is for me a good thing. My husbands oldest son hasn't returned our calls or emails or voicemails since Sept 8,2020. He hung up on us when we called for his birthday, he didn't call his dad on his 80th birthday, no Christmas call...etc etc.. We know he is okay because we are in touch with his sister who lives in the same town. He just told his sister he doesn't want to talk to us right now. And I worry about my sister's cancer but she is doing well and will be having treatment at Swedish 4/26- 5/10 and so we'll have fun times together.

Lisa.... do you just love your hot tub? I love steams and saunas and hot tubs...I picture you enjoying and your aches soaking away. Hope so.

Barbie.. love your coat.

Will write more soon... Ella and I are off to walk... Have a good day everyone..

Betsy in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2021
    Betsy: Welcome Back! It has been a while since I saw you posting. I'm happy that your eye surgery is a success. Retaining full sight in your eye is wonderful news. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    I'm debating whether to put the radiator cover back on. ?????? It provides a useful shelf but is a bit dated. There is also a table if I can find some nice hooks for DH'S hat collection. :o
    Looking forward to the painter coming in July. Wish he could come earlier.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    Heather, oh your floors look so beautiful! I love the light wood, shiny and a breath of fresh air! 💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Brunhilda AKA Patti, welcome to this amazing band of ladies! We support, vent, cry, cheer, and spur us on our individual weight loss or weight maintenance journeys. Come back daily, and soon we will just fit nicely in your back mental pocket.💖. I know I keep you all in my back pocket!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Betsy in NW WA, awe I am sorry your husband's eldest son has chosen to not communicate. ((((((hugs))))). Its easy to ponder the whys and how comes, and get to being teary eyed. It's our nature to be concerned and caring, and we are so confused when its not reciprocated. I don't know if its a son thing, maybe trying to be fiercely independent, or maybe if they miss us, its a sign of weakness as a man. All I know is periodically I have days of mourning, days to process, and reset. Its emotionally draining, and my eating has to be really focused because its easy to feed the feelings. Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Heather--Your floors are beautiful. Love the color of the stain.

Betsy--Glad to see you posting. Great news about your eye. I understand children not talking. My husband's daughter has not talked to us or let us see the grandchildren since March 202019 because we would not co-sign for them to get a house. Really hurts about the grand children, but she gets mad and most the time we don't know why. Part of the problem is her mom lives with them and she is not a happy person and hates DH. All we can do is pray.

Yesterday was one of the worse days I have had in a long time. I was so stressed out at work and went to the last night for the Bible study I was taking and by the time it was over, it ran late as one lady decided to give her story about time to leave and took over 30 minutes. Any other time I would of really enjoyed it, but all I could think about is I have to get up at 430 and hadn't had supper. Well that wasn't a problem as by the time I got home I was to unset to it, but had a terrible night trying to sleep. Good thing is one of my new people came in today and got her paperwork done and will start training tomorrow. Only 2 more positions to fill, unless a couple ladies don't stop trying to cause problems, then I will be replacing them.

Today is a new day and so much better. Saw the pink moon last night and it was beautiful even with a few clouds.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Vicki- glad you got through yesterday and hopefully will have peaceful sleep tonight
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Wishing those of you who are stressed and upset some PEACE. Love you.
    <3<3o:)

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, answer refi emails and return phone calls, organize invoices and eobs for annual exams, both provider and labs, both Joe and me, called lab biller for Joe, called MD office biller thinks codes correct.
    Bonus: one load of laundry, another cartful of sticks to burn pile
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call MD’s office and ask Dr. Patel if ansar test, care plan and extended visit time are not covered by Medicare for annual, can we forego next time?, email EOBs and invoice to admin@chetcomedical , return R’s call, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), , next Tuesday: appraisal prep, call Jeanette re: Joe’s annual, ansar, advanced care and extended ofc visit?, Wednesday: Grand Jury, appraisal Friday: locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    27: Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes:

Skimmin’ as need to tidy for the appraiser who’s coming tomorrow. Nothing like motivation ;)
    Just heard from the state court, tomorrow’s grand jury cancelled and I’m off the hook ‘til mid May. Whoopee!

Welcome @Brunhilde_69 , Patti! Would you let us know your general locale? Barbie always gives the wisest advice and everyone here is supportive and non judgemental, some have been where you are. Like Tina says Baby steps and never give up.
    Rebecca :love: ;your flower pics but even more the image of you in your potter’s studio and subsequent muddy tea parties.
    Allie (((hugs))) so glad Alfie is there with you.
    Lisa brilliant privacy screen solutions and hallelujah for feeling better.
    Heather :love: the pics, even though they give me serious floor envy.
    Debbie glad you’re finally getting some tests, hope they point to issues quickly and easily resolved.
    Betsy what you said about tears and thankfulness and how our fur babies help to keep us sane in times of trouble.

Joe just called me to the pump room where water was spraying so strongly it dampened the ceiling and puddled on the floor.
    Called our neighbor the water systems expert, he was in Reno on his way home but sent his helper who arrived within minutes.
    He found the leak and juryrigged a fix. Changed the UV bulb for us while he was at it, and only charged $100. A bargain imho for emergency plumbing repair. Swept the cobwebs out from the ceiling of the deck roof while he was working so feel accomplished. Hope this moves us up the expert's list for the water system makeover we’ve been needing since we moved in.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 26, weigh/wii: 26/0/0; steps>5627=3696 vits=25, log=26, CI<CO=22 , CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=26, Shadow=27, mfp=26, outside=30 up hill=29
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1, clean 30 mins=8.33, packwalk=9, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 145.1 :P 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=15 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    :) My new coat arrived today and it is beautiful. My old coat with the bad zipper said goodbye by having the zipper jam so badly that I couldn't zip it up when I walked the dogs and I couldn't get it unzipped so I had to climb out of it. The good news is that when I went through the pockets before throwing it out, I discovered that the zip in lining was actually a jacket that I can wear in warmer weather so now I have two new coats.

:)Heather your floor is awesome. Hardwood floors don't work for us but I love how they look.

:)Lisa your work output is amazing

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    edited April 2021
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka, Tracey & Tina: I have had acid reflux issues forever. Spicy foods can cause trouble for me. TUMS are a huge help. They are good for reducing spice levels & help bone density, too, because they contain calcium carbonate. I will also take Nexium as needed. Both TUMS & Nexium are over the counter medicines. I think I’ve arrived at a sensible balance. Rather than taking Nexium every day as the company urges, I’ve decided to take TUMS for its antacid effect and its calcium. I’ll take Nexium only when I have acid reflux. Food preparation has a huge role in this, too. I avoid spicy foods and have for a long while. Lower spice levels in cooking reduces acid troubles for me. :star:

Katla in NW Oregon

I don't think that's how Nexium works. Please do some research on it and talk to your doctor.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/proton-pump-inhibitors
    "Taking a PPI makes sense if you have a chronic problem with stomach acid or the prospect of one developing. But the occasional case of mild heartburn does not need to be treated with a PPI. For that kind of spot duty, the old standbys of antacid medicine like Tums, Rolaids, and Maalox will most likely work just as well, as will any of the H2 blockers. In fact, it takes several days for PPIs to have their full effect on acid secretion, so an H2 blocker may be more effective for a mild, short-term problem with stomach acid. Yet people often take PPIs under the mistaken assumption that they are the better medication in all circumstances."

https://www.healthline.com/health/gerd/proton-pump-inhibitors
    "PPIs work by blocking and reducing the production of stomach acid. This gives any damaged esophageal tissue time to heal. PPIs also help prevent heartburn, the burning sensation that often accompanies GERD. PPIs are one of the most powerful medications for relieving GERD symptoms because even a small amount of acid can cause significant symptoms.

PPIs help to decrease stomach acid over a four to 12-week period. This amount of time allows for proper healing of the esophageal tissue."

It needs to be taken for a while, but there can be problems with taking it for a length of time. Read those articles and others and, as I mentioned, talk to your doctor.

Also, the last part of the healthline article above says,

"When you stop taking PPIs, you may experience an increase in acid production. This increase can last for several months. Your doctor may gradually wean you off these drugs to help prevent this from happening. They may also recommend taking the following steps to reduce your discomfort from any GERD symptoms:

eating smaller portions
    consuming less fat
    avoiding laying down for at least two hours after eating
    avoiding snacks before bedtime
    wearing loose clothing
    elevating the head of the bed about six inches
    avoiding alcohol, tobacco, and foods that trigger symptoms"

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Terri. -Lovely flowers!

Heather. -Your refinished floors look beautiful.

>>>

The work crew repairing and cleaning our house, deck, and driveway are superb. They will be done Friday, in record time, and they have done such meticulous work. We are really happy.

Karen in Virginia