What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Brutal leg workout. I am bulking but honestly cannot tell if I am providing my upper body with enough stimulus. I am following PHUL with 2 extra chest and arm sets each
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Bike/run brick today

1:15:00 bike= 17 min warmup outputs, 8 minutes of cadence drills, then 2 x (15min @170W & 5min@120w), then 10min cool down.

quick shoe change, then right into an easy paced 15:00 run.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,067 Member
    Options
    * 5275m machine row, middling everything (2:34.1 pace, 20spm, HR < about 67% reserve).
    * 33' core exercises.

Skipped yoga/stretch this AM for schedule reasons, maybe do something stretchy/relaxy before bed instead, we'll see.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Yoga then...

Handstand Wall Holds - 30-25-25-25-25s (2m10s)
    Hollow Body Holds - 30-25-25-25-25s (2m10s)
    Pull-ups - 7-6-6-6-6r (31r)
    Ring Dips - 7-6-6-6-6r (31r)
    Jumprope - 5x60s (5m)
  • FPlanner2021
    FPlanner2021 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The day has just begun, okay well a couple of hours in, but in any case.
    40 mins Strong Lifts
    Barbell Squat (3 warm up sets) 5-5-5-5-5
    Barbell Bench Press (2 warm up sets) 5-5-5-5-5
    Barbell Row 5-5-5-5-5

May go for a walk at lunch..
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Swim this morning was multiple sets of 10x50s, with various tweaks. First set smooth, second set with no wall pushoffs(ugh), third set with all out first eight strokes, etc. Ran out of lap time after 2300 yds.

I'll need more swim volume, so will look for a third pool session/week until open water swimming starts in a few weeks.
  • Severen725
    Severen725 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing - 45 minutes
    Pilates - 30 minutes
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    6.6 mile run at lunchtime, 30 minutes isometric exercises/TRX and 15 minutes rebounder this evening.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I drove 7 hours in total to get to the coast, and got a long, shallow shire dive in. My drysuit leaked, so it was on the nippy side. Water temperature was 10C; Vis was over 5 metres. It was an hour dive at around 5 metres deep. My Surface Air
    Consumption Rate was 11.7, which is pretty low given how cold I was.

Edited to add photo of me, which I don't seem to be able to do from my phone any more.

8o0b2ysmsk9r.jpg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    30 minute row (around 6.1K meters), then another 25 on the LateralX. A bit hard for SS (steady state) day, but I missed yesterday waiting on a contractor to show that no showed :/ . Wasn't happy about missing a workout for nothing yesterday but I probably could have used the rest.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    abs and walk today. tomorrow is upper body
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Today was a 1/2 mile run, then working with horses... I'm getting there with the running. :) Still need to start lifting again.
    30 minute row (around 6.1K meters), then another 25 on the LateralX. A bit hard for SS (steady state) day, but I missed yesterday waiting on a contractor to show that no showed :/ . Wasn't happy about missing a workout for nothing yesterday but I probably could have used the rest.

@MikePfirman - Sometimes I think fate intervenes to give us what we need when we need it... So maybe your body *did* need an extra down-day. (or maybe I'm being whimsical).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,067 Member
    Options
    * Around 30' yoga - stretch - foam roll
    * Slow 6.51 mi walk, 3.6mph. The short trail stretch through the woods featured many big patches of blooming Trilliums: So lovely!
    * 24' Rehab-y condition-y upper body strength supersets
    * 31' easy/moderate stationary bike, supposedly 11,089 m while at a standstill, at <70% HR reserve
    Djproulx wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Back to the routine:

* Around 30' yoga - stretch - foam roll (I never log this for calories, it's just to get the aging joints oiled up and on course for the day, no intensity)

* Slow 5.12mi walk, 3.6mph
    * 32' easy/moderate stationary bike, an alleged 11,155m 🤷‍♀️ while actually going nowhere, at <70% HR reserve

Seeing/feeling some slight, slight progressive flexibility, and daily-life strength improvement . . . I think.

I would suspect that the yoga/stretch/roll is having a positive impact on your flexibility and overall body awareness.

I do a similar routine in the morning. Each day as I'm walking downstairs to my basement gym, I think to myself: "I don't have time for this, but I'll just give it 5 minutes". Then I start doing the routine and listening to my "Yoga/stretch/roll" playlist and next thing I know, 25 minutes have gone by, my mood has improved and I feel much less sore. It's a great way to start the day !

Namaste.

I'm sure you're right. The results from this sort of thing are always so small, so incremental, that sometimes it seems hard to tell progress from wishful thinking . . . but I think I'm getting my torso a little closer to my thighs in seated forward fold, for one.

I've been on and off variations of yoga practice since college, more off than on; but I always see benefits from daily practice and wonder why I let it slip out of my routine. This is kind of a mixed bag routine, a set of things that I know from experience tend to help me with particular problem areas.

I feel like there are some synergistic good effects from the core exercises I restarted recently, too, perhaps especially the things that involve lateral movement of various sorts: My main activities are so linear (row, cycle, etc.) because of my particular knee issues, so moving in the other planes, including a small strength challenge there, is really beneficial.
    J72FIT wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Back to the routine:

* Around 30' yoga - stretch - foam roll (I never log this for calories, it's just to get the aging joints oiled up and on course for the day, no intensity)
    * Slow 5.12mi walk, 3.6mph
    * 32' easy/moderate stationary bike, an alleged 11,155m 🤷‍♀️ while actually going nowhere, at <70% HR reserve

Seeing/feeling some slight, slight progressive flexibility, and daily-life strength improvement . . . I think.

Yoga for the win! Changed my life...

It's changed mine more than once: My weak point is *keeping* it changed. 😉
  • PoppyPea
    PoppyPea Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    35 minute Joe Wicks strength routine with dumbbells - 4 x rounds of 30 seconds of front squats, shoulder presses, goblet squats, rear lunges, and some other moves I've forgotten (oops), followed by a 15 minute cardio and abs workout.

Finished with a nice 10 minute stretch so feel all zen and limber now!
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a 3+ mile walk. Today will be an upper body DB workout and another walk if the rain lets up
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    30 minute row and then 25 more on the Assault Bike. Pretty easy on the second half, all under 75% max HR.

Tonight is golf league, so I wanted to take it a bit easier to have some energy left. Though we have a cart, my wife is my partner and she's new to golf. So last week, I ran to my ball, played caddy for her, ran back to the cart -- rinse and repeat for 2 hours. Need to save a bit of energy for that. I probably walked four miles over 9 holes, even with a cart.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Rest day today, so a short 1.5 mile walk during my lunch break.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yoga...
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Run work tonight was aerobic repeats. 10min warmup, then 4 x 11 minute blocks (8 min of high end aerobic paced running with 3min of steady paced recovery between intervals). Ended with a 10 minute cooldown jog.

I felt good about being able to do each 8minute block slightly faster than the previous one. This type of workout has really helped me with speed endurance in past years. Hope that's the case this season.
  • vaelyn1313
    vaelyn1313 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mowing the lawn