What's on your mind?

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    The fun I could be having but am not.
    There’s two of us missing out on a fun time.
    Seems like a shame.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    My dad 😔 broke his hip last night. Surgery today.
    We can't seem to catch a break lately.

Oh, I am so sorry Jo. 🙏❤️
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Oh, I am so sorry Jo. 🙏❤️

Thanks Mel 🙂

• Hungrycatapilar21
    Hungrycatapilar21 Posts: 87 Member

Oh wow jo 😔 that’s terrible he must be I so much pain, sending love 💕

• slimgirljo15

Thanks Jo , surgery was cancelled till tomorrow. He has to have echocardiogram ( think that's what its called) before surgery. He hadn't eaten since last night because they said surgery today.. poor bugger was starving tonight 😒
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited May 2021

Oh No!!! I'm so sorry Jo. :( Sending my thoughts and prayers for easy quick surgery and recovery. {{HUGS}} to you my dear. Your family has certainly had their share of challenges. Please do keep us updated?
  • slimgirljo15
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Oh No!!! I'm so sorry Jo. :( Sending my thoughts and prayers for easy quick surgery and recovery. {{HUGS}} to you my dear. Your family has certainly had their share of challenges. Please do keep us updated?

Thank you Reenie 🤗
    Will do 🙂
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Thinking about that awesome expensive champagne I had at a rich cousin's wedding that day. My poor *kitten* cannot afford it and all booze shops closed here coz of lockdown. Think I'll just go out for a smoke :*
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    It's evening here and my time to exercise. I'm thinking whether I should lift weights because I almost passed out yesterday doing some lower body strength workout coz it's so damn hot here :(
  • hungrycatapillar21
    hungrycatapillar21 Posts: 24 Member

Thanks Jo , surgery was cancelled till tomorrow. He has to have echocardiogram ( think that's what its called) before surgery. He hadn't eaten since last night because they said surgery today.. poor bugger was starving tonight 😒

That’s ridiculous making him wait longer an ecg takes 2 minutes to do, at least they are making sure he’s fit for surgery first xx
  • desertfoxcoffee
    desertfoxcoffee Posts: 46 Member
    Got home from work a few hours ago and trying to decide if I should sleep or run errands early.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Thank you Reenie 🤗
    Will do 🙂

Hugs and love <3
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    On the rate occasion I have cash to pay for something at the drive thru, I always feel awkward receiving the change back. Should I have just tipped them those coins? Are a few extra coins insulting as a tip? Am overthinking this?

Yea. Major over thinker right here 😐
  • ComicSundae
    ComicSundae Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2021
    On the rate occasion I have cash to pay for something at the drive thru, I always feel awkward receiving the change back. Should I have just tipped them those coins? Are a few extra coins insulting as a tip? Am overthinking this?

If it's a situation where which tipping isn't normal, I ask if they're able to accept tips first because a sanitation worker lost their job, due to it being unethical for them to accept the tip.
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member

If it's a situation where which tipping isn't normal, I ask if they're able to accept tips first because a sanitation worker lost their job, due to it being unethical for them to accept the tip.

The "tip jar" was sitting right on the counter. I have this whole...tip properly or don't tip at all mindset. Maybe I should just go back and drop a dollar in there? My coffee was $4.36, what's an appropriate tip? My waiter, hairdresser, dog groomer etc. always get 20 percent. That seems like a lot to me...maybe I'll just stick to using my debit card from this point forward.

Now I question why I spend such a ridiculous amount of money for a medium coffee that has more ice than coffee. 🙄

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @Peachesand_cream Tipping is good no matter what you can give. I always tip going through the drive-thru, coffee joints, everywhere. You know why, they remember you if you frequent a place. They go out of their way to make things just a little better if they know you're going to reward them. It's soooo worth it and it makes you feel good. Sometimes you can give more but always give them a little something. Most of them are working for minimum wage or less. Tips matter. The workers and servers don't set the menu prices so a little folding money in their pocket helps.
  • ComicSundae
    ComicSundae Posts: 39 Member

The "tip jar" was sitting right on the counter. I have this whole...tip properly or don't tip at all mindset. Maybe I should just go back and drop a dollar in there? My coffee was $4.36, what's an appropriate tip? My waiter, hairdresser, dog groomer etc. always get 20 percent. That seems like a lot to me...maybe I'll just stick to using my debit card from this point forward.

Now I question why I spend such a ridiculous amount of money for a medium coffee that has more ice than coffee. 🙄

Somethings always better, than nothing! If you paid with a $5.00 bill, the change via that'd be okay. I also tip, when using my debit card.
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Trying to find a balance between doing tasks to distract myself from feelings and actually doing tasks because I need to get them done/enjoy them.