🍔 BURGER 🍔

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    edited May 2021
    Best burger is the one I grill on my back patio and pile high with green chiles, cheese, and bacon. The bacon green chile cheeseburger at the Corrales Bistro and Brew Pub down the street is a very close second though...and a couple other breweries around here do all right as well...

Fast food burgers are burger sadness...little thin patties of sadness...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Best burger is the one I grill on my back patio and pile high with green chiles, cheese, and bacon. The bacon green chile cheeseburger at the Corrales Bistro and Brew Pub down the street is a very close second though...and a couple other breweries around here do all right as well...

Fast food burgers are burger sadness...little thin patties of sadness...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47su9a714dadkpny1k4920rqk4v352v0ikoocyyaci&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Hotelsma wrote: »
    Oh we also had a chik fila here but it shut down after couple of months so never got the chance to find find out what the big deal was

Wait what?! It shut down? I have to wait behind a line of 50 cars to get me some Chick fil A.

It's a big deal here on the East coast

lol... I'm from NY where we don't have chik fil a. My daughter went off to college this year in Virginia and I can't believe the popularity down there. The lines are ALWAYS out the driveway. It's nuts.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    related question... speaking generally... more toppings/condiments better or worse?

I like a good, plain cheeseburger on a good keiser roll. Typically the only thing I want on my burger is another patty.
  • Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    related question... speaking generally... more toppings/condiments better or worse?

I like a good, plain cheeseburger on a good keiser roll. Typically the only thing I want on my burger is another patty.

This is a good question lol

For me a burger has to have cheese as a minimum or I won’t eat it lol. Add some onions and it’s more than enough. Condiments wise I try not to have any but I think it depends where you get it from.
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    Oh we also had a chik fila here but it shut down after couple of months so never got the chance to find find out what the big deal was

Wait what?! It shut down? I have to wait behind a line of 50 cars to get me some Chick fil A.

lol... I'm from NY where we don't have chik fil a. My daughter went off to college this year in Virginia and I can't believe the popularity down there. The lines are ALWAYS out the driveway. It's nuts.

Yea. The lines are always insane, but they have a great system to get you through in a fairly decent amount of time.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited May 2021
    I have had two amazing burgers in my life that I will never forget...

The first was at this little family-owned Cafe in Canyon City, Colorado called Bufmacks. I would swear that they killed the cow right out the back door and made that burger immediately after because the meat tasted so good! Their regular burger was simple grilled with lettuce, tomato, onion, little bit of mustard and mayo was delicious! They also had a slopper with homemade green chili smothered over an open face Burger with cheddar cheese and the chili cheese fries on the side yummy, yummy in my tummy 🤤😁
    This was over 10 years ago so I don't know if they're still around, but definitely one of the best burgers I've ever had in my life!

There's also a place downtown Colorado Springs Colorado called The Bench which is a little bar that serves great food! They have this burger called the Cheese Curd Burger which actually doesn't sound that great, but it is!! It's a juicy burger with some kind of fruit compote, with jalapeno s and cheese curds, with lettuce, tomatoes and onion....sooooo good! Sometimes got it "Natural" lettuce wrap, no bun which was equally delish! I always got it with the side of Brussel sprouts which are sauteed with a slightly sweet glaze, equally as yummy! 😛🤤

• gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Does anyone like peanut butter on a burger? Yes it's a thing and its delicious.
  • Motorsheen

Slater's 50/50 Peanut Butter and Jelly Burger - Pasadena CA

slater-s-50-50.jpg
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Best burgers in town at a pub and a couple of greasy spoons.

Best fast-food burger in western US is In-N-Out.
  • Motorsheen

Decent fast-food burgers, however

In-N-Out comes up waaaay short on their French Fries.

..... although, I do like the paper hats that the servers wear. Very old skool.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

slater-s-50-50.jpg

Wth 🤢

🤪
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

*sigh* I love In n Out's burgers, hate the fries, like the chocolate milk shakes.

I don't agree with them politically but I promised myself, when I can eat a sandwich like a sandwich again, I'm throwing my morals aside and going to In n Out.
  • Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member

The hell 🤯
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited May 2021

Decent fast-food burgers, however

In-N-Out comes up waaaay short on their French Fries.

..... although, I do like the paper hats that the servers wear. Very old skool.

Yes, the fries are terrible!
    glassyo wrote: »

*sigh* I love In n Out's burgers, hate the fries, like the chocolate milk shakes.

I don't agree with them politically but I promised myself, when I can eat a sandwich like a sandwich again, I'm throwing my morals aside and going to In n Out.

Agree about the fries and politics! There are some places I definitely won’t go, but the burgers win on this one. (Also, they take excellent care of their employees and support some causes you might find align with your values.)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

slater-s-50-50.jpg

Wth 🤢

🤪

I agree. Burgers need to stand alone with all their great usual burger additions and peanut butter needs to do the same. :) Like mixed with chocolate, in ice cream, on cake and in cookies, plus right outta the jar. :)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,026 Member
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    My favorite here in DFW is from the Twisted Root Co., the Freshman 15 - smashed fries on top, melted cheddar, fried egg & bacon.

hhpizorjkbhj.jpg

yessss!!! Loves me some twisted root - but for fast food Wendy’s hands down the best
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,026 Member

Yea. The lines are always insane, but they have a great system to get you through in a fairly decent amount of time.

And the employees are super nice .. there - all fast food joints should get the training material from chick fil a
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I don’t eat red meat anymore but when I did, I thought the Habit had the best fast food burger. Now, I occasionally eat the Impossible burger from Monty’s.