Myfitnesspal

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How often do you weigh?

NJsempleNJsemple Member, Premium Posts: 41 Member Member, Premium Posts: 41 Member
I used to weigh weekly but find it so much better now weighing the last Saturday of every month. I just wondered what everyone’s preference was 😃

Replies

• cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 39,585 Member Member Posts: 39,585 Member
    Typically twice per week and take the average...usually Wednesday and Thursday. I'm an 8ish year maintainer who now needs to drop the remaining 10 Lbs or so of my COVID 20ish.
  • Lhenderson923Lhenderson923 Member Posts: 86 Member Member Posts: 86 Member
    I weigh weekly because the fluctuations are interesting to me. In the past I couldn’t do that because they would throw me off. I only record my weight on Wednesdays though.
  • penguinmama87penguinmama87 Member, Premium Posts: 908 Member Member, Premium Posts: 908 Member
    I weigh weekly on Friday, first thing in the morning. It's a good system for me and I wouldn't be surprised if it continues to make sense once I'm maintaining.
  • scarlett_kscarlett_k Member Posts: 725 Member Member Posts: 725 Member
    Daily for the most part
  • sijomialsijomial Member Posts: 18,897 Member Member Posts: 18,897 Member
    Daily suits me.
    Keeping a casual eye on my weight trend is an essential tool for me for long term maintenance without food logging.
    Takes seconds, not at all stressful for me as I regard it as data, doesn't make or break my day!

Glad you have found what works for you OP.
  • Mellouk89Mellouk89 Member Posts: 319 Member Member Posts: 319 Member
    In the morning before I eat, 2-3 times a week. My weight stats mostly the same.
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,701 Member Member Posts: 5,701 Member
    Once a week after my morning walk and shower and then log once a month by averaging out the 4 or 5 weeks.
  • NJsempleNJsemple Member, Premium Posts: 41 Member Member, Premium Posts: 41 Member
    Daily and watch the trend.

I’ve always thought that if you weigh less frequently you have less idea of your true weight trend since there are so many uncontrollable factors affecting weight; water, digestive contents, hormonal fluctuation etc and no way to know how many of those are in play on any specific day.

If you weigh on a monthly or weekly basis you might catch a ‘high day’ and feel discouraged when, in fact, you’re perfectly on track. 🤷‍♀️

That’s why I had to go monthly for some reason during the month on one weigh in I always gain anything up to 5lb but it sorts it’s self over the month that’s why I changed
  • WithywarlockWithywarlock Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    I weigh myself depending entirely on when I've messed up with my meal plan for the day/week, and get frustrated by the numbers not shifting or creeping up. The more I gain, the more I weigh myself. It's a rather strange obsession, but then aren't all obsessions?

But as I've been doing well recently I'm weighing myself less, and finding my weight's going down. ^^
    edited May 7
  • davew0000davew0000 Member Posts: 122 Member Member Posts: 122 Member
    Daily. Then I pay attention to my weekly average. More data and a more stable trend
  • southkonahisouthkonahi Member Posts: 137 Member Member Posts: 137 Member
    If I am working on losing weight, or on maintaining a certain weight, then I weigh daily so that I can avoid having things going too far the "wrong direction" before I even notice it. But, on the other hand, if I'm allowing myself to have extra pounds, then I only weigh occasionally, since it is evident to myself that I really don't care at that time about my pounds. [Yes, folks, when I allow myself to have extra pounds, the reality for me is because I don't care... otherwise I'd not let it happen!!]

Different things work for different people, and the motivation of "why" someone weights also makes a difference.
  • yweight2020yweight2020 Member Posts: 521 Member Member Posts: 521 Member
    Daily helps keep me in line and my eye on the final goal
  • JanatkiJanatki Member Posts: 492 Member Member Posts: 492 Member
    Weekly here! Wednesday’s & sometimes on a Saturday morning - in an effort to stay focused as I could easily overeat at a weekend!