Women 200lb+, Let's Be Marvelous This May!!!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I have had the fructose intolerance since I can remember, but since I started counting calories I've stayed away from a lot of the more concentrated sweets; I have a mini KitKat sometimes, sometimes some shortbread cookies, but not much else. It's really more about not feeling deprived. Well, my girlfriend had four cupcakes left from her birthday and as today is the day she's done with her semester, we had them out, and I had one. The icing made me sick enough that I suspect I will not be having icing again. I will have to lie down this afternoon and get over the headache, and that's despite taking the pill that's supposed to help with the fructose intolerance. And calorically, it really wasn't worth it. I'd rather have a homemade banana muffin; it doesn't whallop me over the head the way cake does and is tastier for about the same amount of calories, or a little less.

Oof, talk about learning the hard way. Congrats to your gf on surviving another trip around the Sun and finishing her semester, though, I hope the cupcakes were kinder to her.
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    @uyister Great news of your NSV! That is exciting that you can wear your beautiful coats again. <3
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    @VickyEltonGreen well done on the smaller jeans, that's definitely a NSV.
    @JNettie73 family drama is a nightmare, I cut my sil out of my life because of the drama she caused I just felt she was toxic and honestly my life has been so much better without her.
    I will share my new jumper when it fits comfortably, hopefully it'll only be a few more weeks till I'm sliding into it, I need my flabby arms to shrink so the sleeves won't be tight but I'll get there.
    Decided to push myself some more today, did my usual walk of 5km, 10 minutes on the exercise bike which was another 5.4km and a 10 minute upper body workout with dumbells that I found on here so burned 500 calories today. Sodium intake was a lot higher today than it normally is although still within my nutrient goal but I'm hoping by drinking my 2 litres of water and making sure tomorrow's a lower sodium day that it shouldn't affect Saturdays weigh in.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    kelMee2 wrote: »
    @KeriA I have a fitbit too and that's the reason I haven't been using it, my wrist came out in a rash which took weeks to heal, really wish the straps weren't plastic.

Look on Amazon - they have fabric replacement bands. Paint the back of the face (if it touches your skin) with clear nail polish to keep from skin contact!!
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    @azalea4175 Thank you, I'll go and have a look, I hate that it's just sitting in a drawer and am desperate to use it again a fabric strap would be ideal.