NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,920 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Can you snack on fruits and veggies? Good job on the TM and biking! Have you taken baby girl on the bike rides yet? The Goodwills don't take donations on Tuesdays or Wednesdays here, they must use those days to process. We tried Salvation Army too and they were closed. It was ridiculous lol. Oh, I didn't know Goodwill profits...that's too bad. Thanks for that info!

Hi all. My weight is continuing to climb despite having an on-paper perfect day yesterday. :( Tomorrow's weigh-in is not looking good and it's upsetting me. I'm embarrassed: I'm on @TeresaW1020's Slim Possibles team on F2F on here and lately, I've had gain after gain. It's time to do something different.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, Please don't be embarrassed about your weigh-in! Think about what you would tell any of our team members if they were upset and apply it to yourself. And maybe you do need to look at doing something different. Is the WW plan not working for a reason? Is the plan itself the problem or you sticking to the plan? Either way is cause for you to evaluate the next steps you need to take. Stay positive and you will change things around. <3

Hello, I’m got home yesterday and was so exhausted but happy to be back home with my birthday boy hubby. <3 I took my sister to her doctor's appointment and she will have double knee surgery in a few weeks. My mom will stay until my sister can fully take care of the grandkids. I stepped on the scale this morning and not surprising my weight is wayyyy up from eating All the carbs, getting hardly any sleep, and no fasting. I also didn't drink my water. This morning I’m back to fasting, did a workout, and have been guzzling the water. But my weigh-in tomorrow for my group isn't going to be pretty! :# DH and I are in talks about getting me a new car so he and my mom can have mine to drive around town. His car is old and mom hates driving it. I drive a 2013 Acura RDX and like the safety aspect of her and DH driving it. Plus, I'm not upset about the prospect of driving a newer model car. :grin:
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Quick check in.

Went over. 166/164. Yellow
    15 min walk

Sil still here until 20th
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Afternoon, I haven't walked yet today, I may go on a bike ride tonight. I went over my calories and fat yesterday. I seemed to be more hungry. LOL

@TeresaW1020 So glad you made it back home safe. You will get the lbs back off. It was a side journey. LOL. I am glad your sister has your mom. LOL a new car in your future...sounds like a plan.

@theslightedgeforever you didn't go over that much.

@trooworld I know you will figure out what is causing the gain...and you will get losing again. You have proven you know your body and what works for YOU. This is temporary. I have faith in you.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Welcome back! The WW plan is working...when I work it. I've been going over on the weekends, every weekend, beyond my weekly points. I WILL turn it around, you are right. I just need to buckle down. Thanks for your support. Happy birthday to your husband! How are you going to celebrate? That's understandable that your weight is up. Woo hoo, a new car, you know I'm all for that! ;)

@theslightedgeforever I'm impressed you are still tracking while your SIL is there.

@cbabie Maybe all of this exercising is making you more hungry. Thank you for your support.

Hi all. I'm so glad it's Friday. Even though I had Tuesday off, the week went by very slowly. Tonight is 2-ingredient dough Thai shrimp pizza for dinner, one of my favorites.

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. I weighed in and gained 1.6 lbs this morning. Not ideal. I'm going to move past it though and keep giving it an effort. I'm going to dinner at a friend's house and we are also going to be doing art, so that should be fun. Other than that, I'm doing my usual running around on Saturdays. Have a good day.

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @cbabie What did you end up doing for exercise? Yes, not much over but over is still over.

@trooworld I'm trying to make these weight loss skills for life whether or not I have guests. Now to just get the exercise going consistently. So what's happening on the weekend that keeps you going over your weekly points? Lack of planning? Lack of cooking? Going to relatives? We just keep trying to get this right. That's what we do.

@teresaw1020 I hope your sister's surgery goes well. Traveling makes it hard to stay in a routine. You'll be losing again before you know it.

Yesterday I didn't do so well. But it's all tracked.

Yellow-248/164
    Exercise-Rest Day

Today I've walked 51 minutes.

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @cbabie How are you and baby girl liking the bike rides?

@theslightegedgeforever Traveling makes it hard and then getting back in the swing of it is hard. I'll get there! How have you been doing overall with your weight loss? What is the biggest struggle you are facing?

@trooworld, yup you will get that gain off and I will get mine off too! Have fun with your friend!

Hello! So, I got a new car!! It's a 2021 red Honda CRV. We test drove several and the CRV ticked off all the boxes I wanted and the price didn't make DH cry... too much! :grin: I love that it has Apple Car Play and now I can listen to my podcasts when driving. Plus, my mom is thrilled that when she comes back home she will have the Acura to drive. DH will sell his Honda Element and drive the Acura too. In other news, my eating was much better and my workout was DH and I cleaning and reorganizing the garage this morning. Tomorrow, I plan to really buckle down and get this weight gain off!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever What happens on the weekends, looking back over the last 4 weekends, is that I go way over on Saturdays. I'm planning meals, it's just that my husband likes to have a "Saturday night type of meal" which usually ends up sucking up all of my daily points + most all, or all, of my weekly points. Often, there are additional "treat" meals on Sunday for brunch. It's all stuff we are cooking but it isn't good for the waistline. Today, I am going to have a talk with him and put my foot down about these meals. What happened this weekend was I went to my friend's house and, although we had a healthy meal for dinner (vegan posole soup), my husband made these outrageously good 48-hour chocolate chip cookies and I had two of them for 23 points. I get 23 points in a day! It would be okay to do this kind of eating for one meal on one day of the weekend, I could probably get away with it, but it's sinking my efforts to do this every weekend on both days. I'm sorry yesterday was a miss but at least you tracked.

@TeresaW1020 I did, I had a lot of fun! I bet you are excited about your car, huh? It sounds like a win for everyone!

Hi all. Please see my response to @theslightedgeforever above with what's going on with my eating. I had a lot of fun at my friend's house, we ate dinner and made artwork and just talked. It was very nice. Today, I have a book club meeting over Zoom. It will raise my anxiety quite a bit. I don't do well around people I don't know: I say stupid things because I'm nervous or I freeze up and don't say anything. It is my hope that I will get used to these ladies and be better off when we go back to in-person book club meetings. Other than that, I am cooking a healthier version of chili relleno for dinner that is quite laborious.

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. My eating was better yesterday but I still ended up over my points. I will try again today.

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld I hope the conversation you have with your husband goes well. It would be so hard for me to have a husband who is a very good cook and a foodie that wants to eat off-plan on the weekends, so I feel your pain. But you are also going to have to figure out how to remain more consistent or you will keep having weeks where you are frustrated. Instead of weekly eating a "treat" meal, maybe you can opt for every other week or even better just once a month. I'm sure that you will do great with your Zoom book club. We also see ourselves in a more negative light than others see us. <3

Good morning! Today is the first day I've had where I don't need to go anywhere so that makes me happy. My weight is still up almost 6 lbs from when I left for Florida a week ago. :# I did well over the weekend to get back on track but I still need to buckle down more or I will end this month with a gain. I can't believe that half the year is already over and while I did pretty good, I should have done a whole lot better. I'm going to take this next month and really push myself harder with my eating and workouts. I can still get to goal weight before my October anniversary trip. I just need to keep my eye on the prize! :)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I have done horrible all week. It is called emotional eating. Even though I did do exercise, it didn't make up for the food I ate that just plain wasn't good for me. I am working on trying to just say NO...I did lose .2 lbs, but you know I could have lost 2..LOL.

@trooworld I know you can do the zoom meetings.....you didn't know us when you first started! LOL I certainly don't remember you saying stupid stuff, you have been such a great support and I am glad you are here.

@theslightedgeforever not sure I did.

@TeresaW1020 Baby girl loves the bike rides...she takes her "babies". lOL. RN she is out on the patio listening to You Tube Gaithers music...dancing..LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 That's a great idea to do the treat meal every other week or once a month. And you are right: I do need to be more consistent. The book club meeting was good, my anxiety wasn't as triggered as usual because there were only 5 of us. I'm glad you had a day with some downtime so you don't get burned out. I believe in YOU! You can do this.

@cbabie I hear you on the emotional eating, what do you think would help you? Congrats on the loss. That's true, I felt awkward at first here too lol. I did okay on the Zoom call. Maybe because there were only 5 of us. Aww, thank you! That's good baby girl likes the bike rides and takes her "babies" haha that's so cute!

Hello all. I'm already worried about Saturday: we are celebrating Memorial Day at my brother-in-law's apartment and we are bringing bbq ribs. :/ I think I might take a chicken breast (bbq'd) for me. I stayed out of the vending machine yesterday at work but had to buy lunch at the cafe and I got a sandwich with chips which wasn't ideal.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did better yesterday. Went for a bike ride, ate salad from Salad and Go for dinner. 1 day down 364 more to go. LOL. Baby girl actually cried to go back out on the ride. So this is a good thing..not that she cried, but that she will help keep me active.LOL

@trooworld Grilled Chicken BBQ sounds yummy..but I don't like ribs..too messy for me LOL. I miss chips...I have to stay away because I can eat the whole bag in nothing flat. LOL. I used to eat the Sun chips thinking I was okay...then Pringles light...so on the bright side, you only had the 1 serving of bag of chips..LOL. I am really trying to find the positive in all that happens to or for me. I don't want to "justify" eating when I shouldn't but if I beat myself up all the time...I will JUST GIVE UP.. (That's why I have this group). :)

cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry that you struggled with emotional eating this week. I hope things are better for you this week. <3 And good for baby girl for keeping you active. How old is she now? I bet she is so adorable. I miss my 3-year-old great-niece. When I was down there she kept saying, “What the heck!” It was the cutest thing! :)

@trooworld I’m glad that the book club meeting was good. Enjoy the BBQ and do plan to bring things that you can eat. Chicken, fruit, maybe some fresh veggies. I have a church event tomorrow night that will include a chocolate fountain!! Then on Thursday, my ladies Bible study is having our last night at a Mexican restaurant. Uggggh, we would do so much better on our diets if we had no life and lived on a deserted island. :grin:

Hello! I had a good day sticking to my workout and eating. I did a double workout, and my poor tush can barely sit down. I made pulled pork and coleslaw for dinner, which was sooooo tasty. There is this brand of sugar-free BBQ sauce from G. Hughes that is sweet & spicy. Makes me feel like I’m cheating but I’m not! :grin: The scale moved down a bit more this morning and I’m hoping for a bit more tomorrow. :)
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    @cbabie How are you and baby girl liking the bike rides?

@theslightegedgeforever Traveling makes it hard and then getting back in the swing of it is hard. I'll get there! How have you been doing overall with your weight loss? What is the biggest struggle you are facing?

@trooworld, yup you will get that gain off and I will get mine off too! Have fun with your friend!

Hello! So, I got a new car!! It's a 2021 red Honda CRV. We test drove several and the CRV ticked off all the boxes I wanted and the price didn't make DH cry... too much! :grin: I love that it has Apple Car Play and now I can listen to my podcasts when driving. Plus, my mom is thrilled that when she comes back home she will have the Acura to drive. DH will sell his Honda Element and drive the Acura too. In other news, my eating was much better and my workout was DH and I cleaning and reorganizing the garage this morning. Tomorrow, I plan to really buckle down and get this weight gain off!

I drive a CR-V too! It’s a 2014 so I don’t have Apple car play but it has Bluetooth.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Awww, she's such a sweet thing! I'm glad you did better. <3 Ribs are too messy, I rarely eat them because of it. I can eat the whole bag, too, luckily this was a single-serving bag with the sandwich! Yes, only one bag AND the sandwich and chips were a better choice than pasta. Looking on the positive side is a good thing! :)

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, we will probably also bring a nice salad. Oh dear, a chocolate fountain! You have been down the road of the Mexican restaurant before, what are you going to do differently to be successful? Yes, it is true. No social things would make life easier! Sounds like you are working hard. I love the G Hughes sweet & spicy sauce. Yay for the scale moving down!

@gemwolf110 Hey girl! How are you doing?

Hi all. I spent a lot of yesterday trying to get a quote for fixing our leaky window. At first, I was approaching the wrong type of companies (general contractors) but then I started calling window installers. So far, none of them do repairs of existing windows, they just want to install a new window. I'm fine with paying to replace the whole window (even though it was replaced in 2019) but my husband isn't. He wants me to keep calling companies to find one that will repair it. I'm frustrated and tired of hearing no. Luckily, I am not eating over it.

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hello All

Hope you are having a good day. Ever since May 2020 when I shook my head and said COVID isn’t going to get me down I’ve lost just under 20lbs. I’m a Lifetime member and I wanted to reclaim my place. I’d still like to loose a bit more but I lose very slowly. That’s okay as long as the trend is ⬇️ My goal for the year is #walk365. I will walk outside everyday rain or shine.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't walk or do anything movement wise yesterday. Had to take baby girl to the Dr..nothing major. She has had a blood shot eye for a couple of days and it concerned me. It's been real windy here and Dr thinks something might have blown in and irritated it....So it was one of those days. I stayed OP so that was a good thing. I plan to get on my TM today.

@fancyladyJeri Glad to hear from you! Great mindset. I think last year helped us all to make some changes..LOL.

@TeresaW1020 Baby girl is almost 3...she is SO funny and cute. Yesterday her "babies" were thirsty for some ice tea....LOL She gave them all a sip from her straw. (all 5 of them) :) I bet your great niece is adorable and glad you got to see her. Chocolate fountain..OH MY! Congrats on the scale going down...you can do it. :)

@trooworld So sorry you keep getting no's. Tell DH it's his turn to call..LOL. Good job on not eating over the no's.

@gemwolf110 Good to see YOU...

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie Awww, she's such a sweet thing! I'm glad you did better. <3 Ribs are too messy, I rarely eat them because of it. I can eat the whole bag, too, luckily this was a single-serving bag with the sandwich! Yes, only one bag AND the sandwich and chips were a better choice than pasta. Looking on the positive side is a good thing! :)

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, we will probably also bring a nice salad. Oh dear, a chocolate fountain! You have been down the road of the Mexican restaurant before, what are you going to do differently to be successful? Yes, it is true. No social things would make life easier! Sounds like you are working hard. I love the G Hughes sweet & spicy sauce. Yay for the scale moving down!

@gemwolf110 Hey girl! How are you doing?

Hi all. I spent a lot of yesterday trying to get a quote for fixing our leaky window. At first, I was approaching the wrong type of companies (general contractors) but then I started calling window installers. So far, none of them do repairs of existing windows, they just want to install a new window. I'm fine with paying to replace the whole window (even though it was replaced in 2019) but my husband isn't. He wants me to keep calling companies to find one that will repair it. I'm frustrated and tired of hearing no. Luckily, I am not eating over it.

I’m doing alright. Work has me busy and pulling my hair out lol. I contacted a professor from my undergraduate program for advice and taking a few courses to refresh myself in Criminology before finding a graduate program. So I’ll be taking a few courses and then working towards a PhD or at least a Maaters so that I can pursue a career in academia. So looking forward to it. Industry I find isn’t my cup of tea.