60 yrs and up

Options

Replies

• Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ChrisS_51 wrote: »
    Hi there - I am a 69 yo female West Australian, looking to re-lose the weight I lost in 2011/12 - from 98 kilograms down 25 kilograms to 73 kilograms- but most of it has snuck back slowly and steadily when I wasn't looking! I'm 5'6" tall, I'm 92 kilograms down from a recent high of 95 kilograms, but want to get back to 75 kilograms - altho anything less than I am at the moment will be an improvement.

I found MFP very helpful the last time and hoping to get myself motivated and on track again. I'm currently suffering from Benign Postural Vertigo, but it is slowly improving. Like many others, I have knees and hips that sometimes decide to play up, but on the whole, I'm pretty healthy, just lazy! Looking at doing some Step videos I can do at home, so that if I fall over, at least I'm at home LOL. We tend to eat *mostly* vegetarian food, and I find as I get older I need to make my meals smaller which is a good thing.

We are coming into our winter in Australia, and it's actually raining as I type which is a good thing, as we don't get a lot of rain here in Perth! :-)

• Tuppence26
    Options
    Hello from NZ. I’d love to swap winters with you. We are in s flooding situation here. Managed a walk today after a couple of days stuck inside🙆‍♀️. Funny how those kgs slip on when we’re not watching.. mine snuck up while I was focused on giving up smoking. Good luck with your journey
  • Tuppence26
    Options
    holmesgh wrote: »
    Morning, I am thrilled to be on this mission with everyone in this group. My goal is to make sure that everyday I do something for myself....take a walk, do weights, golf and eat healthy, which brings me to a quick question for you I have myfitnesspal premium - why do i not see the meal scan on my apple IOS S 6, the barcode is there but not the meal scan....can anyone shed some light on this for me.....thanks in advance

• Tuppence26
    Options
    Hi, sorry can not help you.. I just use the website, not premium, I am sure someone will have the answer. Good luck with the weight loss
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Going on a trip to Branson with our older kids/grandsons and a little anxious as it's the first time traveling since my husband's neurological disease so don't know how it will be so trying to not stress eat. Eating does not change anything so don't know why I revert back to it. Keep positive everyone. We are back to not weather (100 +) so activity level is down but just got out pool cleaned and ready to go so I'm diving in.
  • glojlilly
    glojlilly Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Texas got like 6-8 inches last month raining 25 days out of 31. The forecast for next, first week of June, more thunderstorms, flash flooding. It's get old already. Glad I have the stationary bike. Happy Day to All!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,069 Member
    Options
    holmesgh wrote: »
    Morning, I am thrilled to be on this mission with everyone in this group. My goal is to make sure that everyday I do something for myself....take a walk, do weights, golf and eat healthy, which brings me to a quick question for you I have myfitnesspal premium - why do i not see the meal scan on my apple IOS S 6, the barcode is there but not the meal scan....can anyone shed some light on this for me.....thanks in advance

@holmesgh, are other premium features working for you OK, so you know that MFP got you properly enrolled in that?

Beyond that, an experienced MFP friend said this, when I asked about your scenario:
    The other issue might be that their phone is an older model that doesn't support that feature. I just opened MFP on an old iPhone 5 that I keep around to listen to radio when I'm not in a room that has one (WFH), and that option isn't available. I'm not sure because they say "Apple IOS S 6". If it's an iPhone 6S, that might still not support that feature. My old iPhone 5S is running iOS 12.5.3 and my iPhone 8 (a few years old model, but still runs most things) is running iOS 14.6. Apple stops supporting things when they get to a certain age. I've heard of people with older Android devices unable to do some things on MFP because their phones are old. Could be same deal here.

I hope that may give you some insights.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I use the Map My Walk app, and it posts them to MFP, automatically. Today was 2.2 miles for 410 calories.

I'm about halfway through to my goal of losing 50 lbs or so.

I have diabetes, well managed with oral medications. I am looking for friends like me, too (well, too much like me would make you a weirdo, which is ok - but not like me is ok, too!) {:8^{D}

"Normal" is overrated. :wink:

I had been using "Map My Run" but recently started using "Runkeeper" (because the audio stats recordings amuse me). Both update to MFP whether I'm walking, running, or riding my bike. Mostly walking and biking these days.

I've also been diagnosed with diabetes. Got my A1C way down with diet and meds. I'm almost afraid to have it tested again (I don't have to test daily, thankfully). I've been stalled weight-wise for awhile and now I'm heading in the wrong direction so I need to get serious again as I have another 30 pounds or so to get to where I want/need to be.

It will happen...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,069 Member
    Options
    Drive by check-in. I usually enjoy amusement parks, but this roller coaster I'm on right now ain't no fun. 😆

Hanging in, though. You all remind me to keep fighting the good fight.

Glad to see you're still managing to be on the march, Steve. Hang in there: You know we're all cheering for you, and for your wife.
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Found a new low calorie treat. Costco has mint chip yogurt ice cream bars that don't bust my plan so I can have a great when my husband has dessert. All you with your exercise spur me on to move more. Turning 74 in the 13th and want to be able to up my walking from 2 miles to 3 moving toward my ultimate goal of 5. I walk on treadmill with air conditioning on high and music and video. Special hi to you Steve praying for you.

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivational friends. 2 years of bad health and the weight gain to go with it.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    🙏🙏prayers and continued good vibes being sent to you and your wife Steve!

Welcome and good luck on your journey dejavu!
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's good to hear that she had two good days in a row. All good thoughts and wishes going your way for many more good days.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Steve-sounds like the last couple days have been a little upbeat for both of you. Hope it continues, one day at a time. Keep up those dog walks, they can be refreshing and helpful right now. Glad you are taking the time to take care of yourself too. Hugs to both of you.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    Steve. praying the good trend continues. Any thoughts about her able to be released?

I have had to return to work the past few mornings and after 15 months of remote I am totally traumatized!!! LOL. <kidding> <not kidding> Everyone is masked but it is pretty annoying to wear full time and I hope that requirement is lifted soon. I tell myself just a few more years until retirement. Hey if our US medical system wasn't so broken I would be GONE now.