• Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    What an absolutely gorgeous photograph❤️❤️❤️
  • Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 wrote: »
    SbetaK wrote: »
    Checking in.

My wife had her first chemo infusion yesterday. Apparently the steroids are working. She was in the best spirits I have seen in a couple of months. That was heartening, regardless of what else happens. First radiation treatment in a couple of hours.

Hanging in there. Not sleeping well, but otherwise life is good.

Hugs to you and your wife, Steve. Here is an Alaskan sunrise for both of you, to maybe help you think about something calming and peaceful while you both start this next step in your lives. aobx02vacm7v.jpg

SbetaK wrote: »
    Checking in.

My wife had her first chemo infusion yesterday. Apparently the steroids are working. She was in the best spirits I have seen in a couple of months. That was heartening, regardless of what else happens. First radiation treatment in a couple of hours.

Hanging in there. Not sleeping well, but otherwise life is good.

Hugs to you and your wife, Steve. Here is an Alaskan sunrise for both of you, to maybe help you think about something calming and peaceful while you both start this next step in your lives. aobx02vacm7v.jpg

• Tuppence26
    Hi SbetaK, I hope it is okay for me to save your photograph also. I find it very moving and i feel so joyous when I look at it.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Hi SbetaK, I hope it is okay for me to save your photograph also. I find it very moving and i feel so joyous when I look at it.

You're welcome to save it, thank you! I'm happy to know someone enjoys it! :)

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    I will be 60 in 3 months - is that close enough? ;) I have a long journey ahead of me weight and fitness wise so having a group of my age cohort to support each other will really help!

I don't think I've ever seen anyone do an ID check here. 😉

Welcome!

Welcome also to @Bonnie0411, @suzymurdle, @charsuzy . . . and also to anyone else new I may've missed, with apologies for the omission!

To all: Happy friday, and have a great weekend!
  • AnnPT77
    Checking in. Thanks to @seilidhe, @AnnPT77, @SbetaK, @trekkie and @Tuppence26 for the kind words and encouragement. It is appreciated. 🤗

The crabby woman reappeared yesterday. No surprise, considering her strenuous activities. Just gotta' grin and bear it. Three days rest over the weekend before the radiation treatments start again. We're planning to have a family dinner with her at the rehab facility on Memorial Day (assuming she is able and willing).

Thanks for letting me vent.

Love the sunrise photo, Suz! Reminds me to have some hope.

Please do stop by here if you need to vent. Under the circumstances, *anything* that you may feel is natural and normal, and it's also natural and normal to roller-coaster emotionally a bit, IME. Give yourself grace, no matter what, and as much self-care as you can make room for.

Sending strength and well-wishes.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    I will be 60 in 3 months - is that close enough? ;) I have a long journey ahead of me weight and fitness wise so having a group of my age cohort to support each other will really help!

Close enough for me☺️
  • Tuppence26
    Let’s share our #1 priority for the coming week...
    Because I am away from home 4 days this week, mine will be to ensure I do an extra 15 mins exercise for those 4 days to compensate for eating out. 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️
  • AnnPT77
    Let’s share our #1 priority for the coming week...
    Because I am away from home 4 days this week, mine will be to ensure I do an extra 15 mins exercise for those 4 days to compensate for eating out. 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️

Hmmm. I'm kind of a slacker, don't mostly think about things in terms of goals or priorities.

I do have an exercise *hope* for the week, I guess. We had rain-outs this week for my usual Wednesday and Friday rows, and it was slightly scary-windy today (but it being Saturday we had 4 people, enough for a quad, which - since a bigger boat, around 40' long - is safer in waves than our usual singles/doubles).

I used the weather as an opportunity (excuse?) to skip the 5-mile walk I've been doing on rowing days, when weather permits, because I've been having some mild hip/quad discomfort, and wasn't sure whether it was mainly muscular (from increased volume), or something more persistent like an uptick in arthritis or a new impingement or something. So, I greatly reduced cardio volume for a few days, as an experiment, rather than swapping lower-volume indoor stuff for higher-volume outdoor with the weather issue.

I'm hoping we have more favorable rowing weather this week, so I can experiment with ramping back up what I'd been doing outdoors, see how things go. I've felt more comfortable after a few days rest, hoping that will take care of the problem, or that simply soldiering on will overcome it, so I can go full-bore with summer outdoor enjoyment.

Forecast looks better for Monday rowing, so fingers crossed.
  • AnnPT77
    Hi and welcome, @michaelhardie13 and @millst711!

@michaelhardie13, it's nice to see another current and/or former hippie admitting to it here! Sounds like you and your wife are off to a good start, for health improvements.

@millst711, my joint issues (arthritis, torn meniscus) have been *so much* less discomfort-provoking or painful since losing weight (I lost a bit over 50 pounds in 2015-16 at age 59-60, stayed at a healthy weight since, now 65). For sure, reduced stress on the joints was a factor, but I also have a suspicion that I have less systemic inflammation at a healthy body weight, too, though I don't have data to demonstrate that. Getting stronger helped, in addition, but I 100% understand that that's tricky when there's pain or injuries that are easily provoked. I also feel like my balance is better at a healthy weight, which can help with those ankle-twist risks, though I admit I've worked on balance improvement explicitly, as well.

Wishing you both much success!
  • glojlilly
    glojlilly Posts: 313 Member
    My #1 priority will be to keep my keto meal plan during this memorial weekend. But I do love corn on the cob and watermelon. Otherwise it's Meat and veggies. I plan to walk on my 3 days off. 󾓦
  • Tuppence26
    Stuck to calorie allowance today, but heavy rain so no walk. Should have got on stationary bike😜maybe tomorrow😁😁
    Have a good day all! Hey
  • holmesgh
    holmesgh Posts: 4 Member
    Morning, I am thrilled to be on this mission with everyone in this group. My goal is to make sure that everyday I do something for myself....take a walk, do weights, golf and eat healthy, which brings me to a quick question for you I have myfitnesspal premium - why do i not see the meal scan on my apple IOS S 6, the barcode is there but not the meal scan....can anyone shed some light on this for me.....thanks in advance