60 yrs and up

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    I am new at 63 and am trying to lose a lot, I just need to hear stories of success because I am really working on this and every so often I want to not do it, but I finally found a few things that might help like some nuts and kale chips, and I bought myself a snow cone machine lol and lots of sugarfree flavors when I get crazy for sweets I do snowcone madness ....lol

I hope you can do it, sugar crazying decreases after a while but it takes patience.
  • Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey some new faces,,great. We all need inspiration. I lost my way today, found myself munching on a cream donut. Tomorrow will have to be right on track again!!!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Been away from lurking for a few days. Let's just say I've been a bit too much in my own head... and not doing too well with watching what I eat or exercising. Although I've been bouncing between the same 2-3 lbs, I still have 30 to lose so...Gotta get my head and heart back in the game.

Steve, I'm so sorry for what you and your wife are going through. I can't even imagine.... Sending positive healing, strength, coping, and peace vibes to both of you and your family.

@prettyinblack1957 - that sno-cone machine sounds like a great idea. I think it would be especially nice around here (southern AZ) in the next few months. A friend of ours makes "sno-cones" with either chicken or beef broth for her dog and sometimes my daughter's dog gets invited to come over to join the party. They both love those, but why should they have all the fun? Although I'd probably prefer strawberry or cola or something like that to beef or chicken broth. :smiley::wink:
  • mamareid03
    mamareid03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to recommit to Myfitnesspal and lose 40 pounds. (I'm over 210 and just turned 62.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    hc5m1ogliz4u.jpg

Way to go Anne! Congrats!
  • trekkie123
    Options
    mamareid03 wrote: »
    I want to recommit to Myfitnesspal and lose 40 pounds. (I'm over 210 and just turned 62.

Best of Luck!
  • trekkie123
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    Been away from lurking for a few days. Let's just say I've been a bit too much in my own head... and not doing too well with watching what I eat or exercising. Although I've been bouncing between the same 2-3 lbs, I still have 30 to lose so...Gotta get my head and heart back in the game.

Steve, I'm so sorry for what you and your wife are going through. I can't even imagine.... Sending positive healing, strength, coping, and peace vibes to both of you and your family.

@prettyinblack1957 - that sno-cone machine sounds like a great idea. I think it would be especially nice around here (southern AZ) in the next few months. A friend of ours makes "sno-cones" with either chicken or beef broth for her dog and sometimes my daughter's dog gets invited to come over to join the party. They both love those, but why should they have all the fun? Although I'd probably prefer strawberry or cola or something like that to beef or chicken broth. :smiley::wink:

Good Luck!!! Getting out of headspace is oh so hard but rewarding when you get there! All part of this crazy weight loss journey.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome (or welcome back) to the group to @Ara_the_halfelven, @cathyb60, @jdwags1, @prettyinblack1957, @mamareid03, and anyone else whose intro post I may've overlooked (with apologies for that!).

@cathyb60, kayaking is a fun goal (I love me some human-powered boating!). What kind of crafting do you like to do? I'm a "Jill of many trades, mistress of none" crafter, mostly making jewelry and visual journaling most recently, but with quite the out-of-control supply stash to fuel other crafts, too. That's been a good thing, during the pandemic, as a distraction.

I'm pretty much stabilizing in weight at this point (or so I hope!), trying to stay active outdoors even though it got hot/humid here (Michigan, USA) suddenly and that's not my best encourager, and thinking about whether I want to set some new fitness goals with a target date of my 66th birthday in November. I'm not usually very goals-y - usually more opportunistic than goal-oriented 😉 - so we'll see.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress (or challenges)!
  • cathyb60
    cathyb60 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! ,
    @AnnPt77 I do sewing, weaving, rug hooking, knit and crochet and whatever else that peaks my interest! LOL! I am definitely a Jill of all trades and master of none!
    My goal today is to continue the search for my willpower, I know I'll find it eventually!
  • Bonnie0411
    Bonnie0411 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been a member here for 8 years. I am 67 years old. And I follow the Fasting Diet. It is a 5;2 intermittent fasting plan. I have enjoyed my time here and have always found my fitness pal helpful. Though recently I have been discouraged by a new feature. The orange marker on the graph. Hopefully they will remove it.
  • suzymurdle
    suzymurdle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 62 and can relate with you 100% I would love to have friends on MFP to help each other stay motivated. Feel free to add me.
  • trekkie123
    Options
    charsuzy wrote: »
    Hello! I'm looking for a new job and have kept fasting while I do this! It's probably better to fast when not working because I can get the rest I need, not feel rushed when I eat my food and relax and enjoy my walking. I am 66 years old. I hope you have a nice day!

Good luck in the job search!
  • trekkie123
    Options
    Checking in.

My wife had her first chemo infusion yesterday. Apparently the steroids are working. She was in the best spirits I have seen in a couple of months. That was heartening, regardless of what else happens. First radiation treatment in a couple of hours.

Hanging in there. Not sleeping well, but otherwise life is good.

Glad to hear that her spirits are good. I hope yours are too!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    Checking in.

My wife had her first chemo infusion yesterday. Apparently the steroids are working. She was in the best spirits I have seen in a couple of months. That was heartening, regardless of what else happens. First radiation treatment in a couple of hours.

Hanging in there. Not sleeping well, but otherwise life is good.

I'm glad she's doing well. Having done chemo (and been close to friends doing likewise), it's not an excellent hobby, but can be less negative an experience than many popular media reports would have us believe, IMO. Also IMO, the first cycle is the toughest psychologically, because of the unpredictability. After round 1, subsequent rounds are a little more predictable, and Good Stuff can be scheduled to ameliorate any low points, exploit any higher points, and generally make for a happier overall course. (I hope saying that is not TMI.)

I'll just say this: She is lucky to have you, in support.

Certainly, I'm wishing her maximum, maximum benefits, least possible side effects. Hugs and strength to both of you!
  • Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nice to have a positive note to hold on to, Steve🥰