60 yrs and up

Replies

• karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Thanks for the kind words, Mindi!

Checking in. My wife is doing better - we've seen two good days in a row. Hoping for three today. 🤞

My weight is up and down, but I'm holding under 200. Not sleeping well or getting enough exercise. Always room for improvement there.

Hope the good days continue.
  • Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Hey everyone, I am sad to hear so many places still have covid restrictions. We practise good hygiene and most but not all people use the tracing app. we haven’t had cases in the community for such a long time. But we are way behind with vaccinations. Only just starting here really. I am over 65 and haven’t had the call to have one yet.
    I am not losing weight, I am just treading water, will have to lower calorie allowance and completely cut any sugars until I get a bit of traction on losing weight.
    It is just too easy to make excuses for not doing a nice long walk,,, middle of winter, short days,, cold days,,🙆‍♀️I could go on forever🤦‍♀️
    Good luck to everyone👋🏻👋🏻
  • richum1960
    richum1960 Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for the kind words, Mindi!

Checking in. My wife is doing better - we've seen two good days in a row. Hoping for three today. 🤞

My weight is up and down, but I'm holding under 200. Not sleeping well or getting enough exercise. Always room for improvement there.

Praying and sending positive energy your way Steve.
  • michaelhardie13
    michaelhardie13 Posts: 17 Member
    Hey, I just want to say thank you to Richum1960 for helping me figure out how to post my profile...
  • richum1960
    richum1960 Posts: 43 Member
    Hey, I just want to say thank you to Richum1960 for helping me figure out how to post my profile...
    Old hippies got to stick together!
  • michaelhardie13
    March 27. 2021 osu7t1nayoq5.jpg
  • Tuppence26
    Thank you, all, for your encouragement and kind words. This little corner of the world is keeping me sane.
    Steve. praying the good trend continues. Any thoughts about her able to be released?

Another good day yesterday - that's three in a row. Kathy's pain is decreasing and mobility is improving. Radiation treatments are due to be completed 6/16. She should be able to return home after that.

Contractor is being scheduled to blow up a bathroom and add a walk-in shower. Oh joy!

• Tuppence26
    I am happy that the prayers of many are creating a little oasis.
  • Tuppence26
    Happy Friday Peeps! Let’s make this one count. Log food, get steps, do that workout. Do one healthy thing at a time and it adds up!

• Tuppence26
    Right you are Karl.. let’s get onto it. 🤽🏻‍♂️🏊‍♂️🤸🏻‍♂️💁🏻‍♀️💁🏻‍♀️💁🏻‍♀️
  • Tuppence26
    mh1960 wrote: »
    Hello all, thought maybe this time if I used more of the tools, like joining a group for people my age who are also trying to do battle with the bulge, that I might be more accountable and successful. My name is Maggie and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

• Tuppence26
    Hi Maggie, great idea,, blog heaps, keep your focus. I am struggling a bit, never mind. Another day tomorrow👋🏻👋🏻Hey
  • Tuppence26
    March 27. 2021 osu7t1nayoq5.jpg

• Tuppence26
    Hi Michael. The great outdoors!! Do you do lots of tramping
  • michaelhardie13
    edited June 2021
    Yes! We try to do 2 miles every day after lunch, around town, with longer hikes on the weekends.