Muscle Masters (closed group)

Options

Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are kicking butt, keep it up! I am down about 3 pounds and not far off my final weigh in weight from last comp this morning. I need to make sure I'm working off any high cal meals I have, and keep it off for weigh in!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I think we will rock this week...the lushes are detoxing...well, kind of, in a way
  • faithikins
    Options
    I think we will rock it this week too! Due to only having 1 bottle of wine last night I have no hangover, and plan to bust my butt on the treadmill in about half hr. Defs going to try a dry week next week I think. Or at least a lot less than this week. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I was somewhat conservative last night...measured out the vodka with lots of ice, soda water and a splash of pomegranite & lime....hugh glass and very diluted....I am going to work at 7P soon and will return at midnight...so, I will probs not have anything.

This week will be very hard. Going to warrior dash in WI with my lushy sisters, lushy cousins and just plain lushy friends. 3 nights!!! However, I am going to meet Jessica (MamaTurner) from another team there. It should balance out the teams then!!!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    This week will be very hard. Going to warrior dash in WI with my lushy sisters, lushy cousins and just plain lushy friends. 3 nights!!! However, I am going to meet Jessica (MamaTurner) from another team there. It should balance out the teams then!!!

SOOOO jealous! You guys are going to have so much fun!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey all,

I worked overnights last night which means that I was a good girl on a Saturday night. I am seriously slacking on exercise...just so exhausted and not really motivated to get out there. But, my lushhiness has been well under control, according to my standards.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Took yesterday as a much needed rest day from exercise....had my hubby's company picnic and ate pretty well. I'm a sucker for potato salad and had some of that.....and some fresh strawberry pie :bigsmile: BUT, according to my guesstimates, I was still (barely) under my calories for the day. Score! Got in a good workout today and we're headed to a friend's suprise b-day party tonight. I have plenty of calories, but I'm not too worried because I'm guessing that there won't be very many vegetarian options, so I won't be too tempted. I made an Israeli Couscous salad with lots of veggies to take with us so I know I'll have at least something to eat.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to try zig-zagging my calories. I've been in the 170's for far too long. I'll lose a pound or two and then be stuck for a month. I'm starting to get really frustrated so I need to try something. Have/do any of you zig-zag(ged)?

Hope you're having a great weekend!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    This is not based on science; but, I believe in the concept of zigzaging calories...kind of like when you do the same exercise all the time and the body adapts to conserve energy.

Maybe cals are too low for you...I read in Self magazine that you should be at 1600 cals/day to lose weight....2000 to maintain...they stated that 1200 is too low...If I am at 1200 then I binge eat after a few days, it's just not enough...I've adjusted to 1550 for MFP
  • nisijam5
    Options
    protein powder that my son had....DISGUSTING...plus, it was chock full of calories, his must be a body/weight gain powder which I obviously do not need. :grumble:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I like Designer Whey. Lots of different flavors not a lot of calories and I think it tastes good. (Not to pricey either.)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I like Designer Whey. Lots of different flavors not a lot of calories and I think it tastes good. (Not to pricey either.)

Ok, will check it out...probably just be easier to eat an egg!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    but the whey has much more protein and a lot let fat.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thanks Robin, I will check it out.

I am with very lushy family & friends for WI Warrior Dash, last year we averaged 33 beers per person and it was a day shorter. That's when I joined this thread last June.

I'm gonna have to bring a shot glass for measuring.......so, I have to be very careful not to snack on chips and dip/crackers things :grumble:

I will feed all the cheese, crackers and chips to MamaTurner and JamieJum....at least, it will even out the teams.:devil:

:drinker: Warrior Dash will be good exercise :drinker:
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Robin, where can I find Designer Whey? Thinking of trying the shakes that have been mentioned on this thread.

I NEED THE MOTIVATION YOU ALL SEEM TO HAVE!!! Why can't I get back in the groove? The previous challenges have been just awesome for me - SO BENEFICIAL! So why can't I hop back on track? I'm so disappointed in myself right about now...

Connie
  • rjadams
    Options
    its available at groecerie stores. (albertson, Rite Aid, QFC and others I am sure) I am not sure where you are. You can also get it on Amazon.
  • nisijam5
    Options

I NEED THE MOTIVATION YOU ALL SEEM TO HAVE!!! Why can't I get back in the groove? The previous challenges have been just awesome for me - SO BENEFICIAL! So why can't I hop back on track? I'm so disappointed in myself right about now...

Connie

Well, it's hard work to shop, log and exercise...it's easier to just shove crap in our faces...that's how we got here.

Sit down and make a plan!!! Once it's on paper and you have a checklist, it will flow smoother...DO IT NOW!!
  • faithikins
    Options
    How is everyone going? Are we all losing this week? I think I'll pull about a 2.4lb loss. *cross fingers* I don't think I'll hit my final weigh in weight again until next week, but I'm happy it's coming back off! :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I was down 3.2 lbs today....still not where I left the comp but August was very indulgent :drinker:
  • faithikins
    Options
    Awesome! We are going to kick butt!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am dying to see Robin's weigh...she's gonna kill the scale

She's on the list for a late weigh-in d/t travel...dang, I should have had her weigh in before the trip :grumble: We wouldn't want her to gain d/t travel :laugh: I think she gets back on the 16th and needs to weigh in then.