What’s a red flag for you?

Replies

• tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited June 2021
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I'm gonna get hated on for this but people who constantly make new accounts on social media. To me, their elusiveness shows unstable behavior.

I don't agree or disagree with you but am too stupid to figure out who is who once they step into their phone booth and change into something/one else. To me, they're no longer Clark Kent no matter how many times they tell me they are or how many clues they give me to their original persona. :) I'm completely dense that way.

I'm FBR in that respect too.

But, in my ever changing moniker defense, I'm consistent and don't hide the fact that I've changed for this reason or another and let it be known I'm tman.

• NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    NVintage wrote: »
    LOL! ^

when he's already working on his autobiography at age 40, haha

Surely i cant be the only one...am i....guys.....anyone......guys......just me?.
  • tmanfive
    A little jovial red flag videa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUiKU9rlRE
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Splitting... all or nothing, black and white thinking.
  • kryvons
    kryvons Posts: 107 Member
    “Positive vibes only.”
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    kryvons wrote: »
    “Positive vibes only.”

I hate these people.

Its okay to admit things are *kitten* so long as you are trying to work through it. Only by acknowledging it you can actually do something about it. Those types have their head in the clouds.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    kryvons wrote: »
    “Positive vibes only.”

Welp, too late to go back and edit all those heartfelt 'positive vibes' replies now. Someone should've spoken up way back when. :)
    JK but I know I've offered them a time or 2 in the past. Like a hundred years ago past. ;)

• JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Jealousy
    Insecurity
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I'm gonna get hated on for this but people who constantly make new accounts on social media. To me, their elusiveness shows unstable behavior.

I don't agree or disagree with you but am too stupid to figure out who is who once they step into their phone booth and change into something/one else. To me, they're no longer Clark Kent no matter how many times they tell me they are or how many clues they give me to their original persona. :) I'm completely dense that way.

I am the same way and I think I'm very observant but I guess I'm only observant to the things that affect me personally not much so aside from that so when old members come back I never know who they are until they say who they are or unless I'm super intrigued I ask around who they are haha. I mostly meant people who create accounts on weekly or monthly basis. I never understood that but again people have different ways of coping with their online persona.

I'm not on any other sites often enough to register anything like that. :) And Tman I'd recognize anywhere because of his pool, ribs and 2 pups. :)
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    -Whole life revolves around alcohol consumption.

-Not being financially responsible.

-Running to their parents for every little thing.

-Constant putdowns but claim it's just "telling you like it is".

Contents list for 2nd autobiography looking good already! :D
  • ClimbingWolf
    ClimbingWolf Posts: 298 Member
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    No ownership. Desire of authority without leadership. Life just... happens to them. Recipe for washed up sore disappointments who never became anything because X Y or Z didn't „let them”. Turns out, that's the perfect breeding ground for conspiracy theories, because those can be used to explain how the odds are always somehow stacked against them (and magically not against others).

Mistaking relationships for trades instead of partnerships.

Intact umbilical chords in adult males.

The desire to bring an audience to their way of dealing with personal relationships, and thus breaching trust in the most gross way.

Adversity to the idea of compromise (also a big part of the black and white mentality mentioned by @amorfati601070 and @ReenieHJ).

Any and all signs of a lack of empathy, including being butthurt after someone treats them like they treat others. The best thing that these people can ever be is a cognitive dissonance festival.

Not open to the idea of a debate duel to the death and not understanding my humour. This is literally the worst one.

A lot of these.. only adding to this list (for me personally);
    - expectations of receiving immediate attention and get angry/distant/whiny when not receiving attention right away while you clearly are busy, i.e. having a conversation with someone else...
    - emotionally blackmailing, knowing you feel guilty quite fast and deliberately using that to make you do stuff or make you feel bad for your actions..
    - "Any and all signs of a lack of empathy, including being butthurt after someone treats them like they treat others."
    This should be listed twice, it's so baffling seeing the reaction of such people. I tried to treat someone like they treat others and for real I couldn't keep up with it, ended feeling sad for them and how they ever became this way.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Wow.. you all have thought hard on this.

Constant crotch scratching.. you can keep your crotch crickets man :D
  • tmanfive
    Wow.. you all have thought hard on this.

Constant crotch scratching.. you can keep your crotch crickets man :D

But what if he just likes playing with himself?

h38be4rspdrr.gif