What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    I hear crows. Today is opening day if crow season. Imma go crow hunting!

Bwahaha, you grouchy face givers are really gonna hate me come duck, goose, deer, squirrel, … seasons.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

You can eat crow? I don't think I ever knew that.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    That I still don't like photos of myself.

I've been going through various things in our home as I pack and that includes some oversized scrapbooks I put together when I was much, much younger.
    1. Yikes, how cringe were my tastes in decor/design back then and
    2. 15+ years have passed since some of these photos were taken and I still feel like burning them all. I do not feel any sense of joy or contentment from having these photos of myself lying around in my home, taking up space.
    3. I accept 100% that I am an unphotogenic monster and it won't matter how much weight I gain or lose.. I'm just not pretty enough to be photogenic.

Harsh reality is harsh, I suppose.

I’m sorry you feel this way.
    I have seen many photos of you over the years that are beautiful, quirky and fun.
    That is not unphotogenic.
    I feel so sad when you post self deprecating comments, I feel you don’t see what we all see.
    I just needed to say that.
    I wish you happiness and peace of mind. ☮️

:heart:

I know the way I see myself is probably very different than people who know me (or have had some interaction with me) see me. This is why I go to therapy, I suppose. This has been a battle internally since I was little and therapists aren't 100% sure (not a defined mental disorder, in other words).

Let me add that not *all* the photos are awful. Just most. There are a couple (like one from Lake Tahoe when I was 20 or so that I rather like). Although I realized I was holding on to a bunch of completely weird and unnecessary stuff and kinda just shoving it in a scrapbook. Oops.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I hear crows. Today is opening day if crow season. Imma go crow hunting!

Bwahaha, you grouchy face givers are really gonna hate me come duck, goose, deer, squirrel, … seasons.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

You can eat crow? I don't think I ever knew that.

Sure can. Literally and figuratively.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Grits aren't so bad. I've lived in and/or around the South and southern food my entire life and have spent that entire time not liking grits. Guess I just had to find the right person to cook them for me! The ones I had last night were awesome.. and cheesy. :yum:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

I've been going through various things in our home as I pack and that includes some oversized scrapbooks I put together when I was much, much younger.
    2. 15+ years have passed since some of these photos were taken and I still feel like burning them all. I do not feel any sense of joy or contentment from having these photos of myself lying around in my home, taking up space.
    3. I accept 100% that I am an unphotogenic monster and it won't matter how much weight I gain or lose.. I'm just not pretty enough to be photogenic.

I respectfully disagree.

I'm gonna not so respectfully disagree.

Woman, stfu with that kinda talk. You are beautiful and nice and have a good sense of humor and do NOT make me post One Direction lyrics because...I...will.

😀
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I respectfully disagree.

I'm gonna not so respectfully disagree.

Woman, stfu with that kinda talk. You are beautiful and nice and have a good sense of humor and do NOT make me post One Direction lyrics because...I...will.

😀

Please do not torture me with One Direction lyrics. I will STFU now. :joy:
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Alc_21 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever disagreed with Motorsheen🤔🤭

Ha.... yes ( a lot )

I once posted a meme on Chit-Chat that got a few laughs. It was completely harmless and inane.

I post the same exact meme on another mfp forum ( I think it was success stories / before and after photos) and dislikes and 'flags' were rampant.

moral of the story: travel higher up the forum board at your own peril.

Are you saying we're the low hanging fruit of the forum boards? :joy:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Ha.... yes ( a lot )

I once posted a meme on Chit-Chat that got a few laughs. It was completely harmless and inane.

I post the same exact meme on another mfp forum ( I think it was success stories / before and after photos) and dislikes and 'flags' were rampant.

moral of the story: travel higher up the forum board at your own peril.

Are you saying we're the low hanging fruit of the forum boards? :joy:

maybe?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen got flagged?
    Not feeling so disgraced about my own flagging now. :) I'm hangin' with the best of 'em.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Would truly love to know why one of my dogs couldn't/wouldn't sleep last night but as soon as the neighbor's roosters start crowing, she's out like a light. :(
    Poor thing was in some kind of distress last night, having several outside visits to eat grass. :/
    But the stars are awesome at 1:00 a.m., 2:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. :)

Poor doggie! And poor you for having to get up with her. At least she didn't barf all over the place. My fat cat loudly announces his intention to barf no matter what the hour.
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    A lot of things, to start with if I should just stick to coffee and my book or sleep 😴 lol
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Pizza!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,510 Member
    Options
    Sleep,
    I know you’re there,
    you hide and taunt me,
    please come soon,
    I’ve dreams to haunt me.