WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Special News to Share.

Last Wednesday, June 9th, my husband and I hiked and summited Half Dome in Yosemite😃! Thanks to the MPF team, I was able to lose 17 pounds while training for this grueling hike.

I still can’t believe I did it. I am 56 years old and my husband is 57. He’s an avid runner, I am not.

The MPF community couldn’t have come at a better time for me. I still have weight to lose and plan to continue moving forward. Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey. 💪🏾

Thanks for letting me share my feat with you!

Well done!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: I remember your days on the Oregon coast, too. I also remember your many kindnesses toward your neighbor there. :star:

Lisa: I hope you have a great time selling your sweeties
    WTG? :star Heather :star:

I am ready to rest. Have a good evening. :star:

Katla

I had tried to help her but kind of bit off more than I could chew, with walking Annabelle, opening her mail, and organizing her pills, and helping her pay bills by writing out checks. I had to call senior center and have them send me a info guide and told her to call these people, which she did.💖 I stepped aside thankfully, and tactfully.
    💖Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    lubqk3brbjcg.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    1fl5mhltvemv.png

We had a lovely hour cycling outside. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    For the newcomers in particular, jump right in and participate where you like.

Essentially, we end up talking about all aspects of the Wellness "Wheels". How are you doing in the various areas? :)

co84b4nvyzet.png

c680khu4v3i6.png

Cheers,
    Machka in Oz
  • dgarlick1
    dgarlick1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone a wonderful week-end. Expect to see my daughter, she usually visits with her Dad on Father's Day, always nice to see her! A bit hot and muggy for the next few days, but at least it is not a heat wave!! <3

Debbie from S. New England USA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Ooooo
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🏵️🌼🌟
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    dgarlick1- where are you located? Im in central Connecticut..
    Slept pretty well and will hop in the shower and do dishes...
    Maybe some laundry..
  • Katla49
    Options
    03CiaoBella: Congratulations on your hiking achievement! :star:

Debbie from S New England: I am happy that you will see your daughter on Father’s Day. :flowerforyou:

Our daughter was here last week for our niece’s wedding. We went to the wedding together and then I went along with the whole family for a day on the Oregon Coast and an overnight in a campground in the coast range. It was a treat to spend time with our grandchildren. I got to have extra time with our daughter, too. I hope she will be able to visit more often.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Ooouuufff! Had an hour's nap this afternoon. Still recovering from my brother's visit! Even beloved people really take it out of me.

I managed the morning exercises, and, when I woke up from my nap I did rowing and cycling for 403 calories, so I'm over 1,000 today. Good job, as we're having a fish and chips delivery tonight, using my refund in my account from Deliveroo. :p I hope it works! I had to work hard to get that refund. >:)
    While I was rowing I watched my son on YouTube talking with his friend about army helmets. ;) Anvil Airsoft. Then I watched the first episode of Deutschland 89 again. The fall of the Berlin Wall always makes me cry.

Trying to get through the afternoon without a snack. DH is in his study watching the Euros. (soccer) :#

Had a lovely long phone call with my second yoga friend this morning. We booked it in two weeks ago! :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Machka-
    The wellness wheels caught my interest today… so here is my assessment using my self assigned 10 point scale, 10 is I’ve got this, 1 is tons of work to do:

Emotional – 7.5 I would like to add a couple of new friends, but over all I feel good about this one.

Financial -7 I am headed in the right direction, made some really good moves in the last 3 years, and think by 3 years from now I’ll be securely a 9

Social – 6.5 The pandemic/politics of 2020-21 has changed some things, some friends have moved on and some have shown me another side of themselves, so I feel like my support structure is a bit thinner than I would like, but as things open up and my finances continue to stability I think this will be ok

Spiritual - 10 I have always felt like even though I do not do any form of traditional religious life, that I have meaning, ethics, and integrity.

Occupational – 9 I love what I do, the embroidery fulfills me and allows me to have an impact on others.

Physical - 6 This one could be a ten as it says “recognizing the need for physical activity, diet, sleep and nutrition” I get a 10 for “recognizing” but a 6 for implementation! I need to work on accountability to what and in what quantities I am eating.

Intellectual - 6 I do a reasonability good job of reading and learning new things, keeping up on current events, but I would like to have a situation where I could discuss things more.

Environmental – 7 I am making progress in this area, minimizing so I have less to clean and keep up with, and a benefit of the financials is that is allowing me to do some changes and updates to the house and yard.

Overall I am pretty pleased with how I am doing…better than I thought before I thought about it a section at a time.
    Smiles, Kim in Northern California
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Thurs BP, chiro, typed hymns. Fri: T’ai Chi
    Bonus: Thurs Rogue River Panther Path with D.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    18-Look for something good in a difficult situation: closer contact with nephew.
    19-Get outside and find the joy in being active: get choppin’!

Friday wimped out on the walk and map-drooling date with T. Blamed it on the winds gusting to 30 mph but truth to tell I just wanted to rest, read and rest some more.

Margaret Aren't you in Minnesota? Thought wildfires were a primarily far west phenomenon, but sounds like I’m wrong or at least out of date. You are so right about wind and wildfire danger. Add in the front that came through bringing lightning strikes east of us and, well, you know.
    Katla hooray for yoga! Can an Arrow visit be far behind?
    Heather :heartbreak: for your brother’s MIL situation. :cry: It’s hearing such stories that makes me think I’d prefer a massive heart attack/stroke and quick end… but I keep taking my pravastatin.
    Annie loose pants are great progress as is making your 20 min walking goal. Congratulations!
    Debbie from S. New England that exercise ball meme was a real tea-snorter!
    Michele love the one stripe female, two stripe male skunk info! Had to check Pepe le Pew to confirm and yes it is so! Was going to type a rant about political correctness but stopped myself. This is not the place. It would not lead to healing. Just let it go, Barbara.
    Barbie thankful for Jake’s excellent report! ((hugs))
    @03CiaoBella that is a stupendous accomplishment. Bravissima!

Debbie, Kim, Barbie what did I do to cause the baby zucchini fruits to fade from green to yellow from the blossom end? Transplant shock? Overwatering? ???

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 17, weigh/wii: 18/0/0; steps>6362=1941. vits=17, log=18, CI<CO=17, CI<250<CO=12, Tumble=9, Shadow=12 mfp=16, outside=18, up hill=13, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=3. Wed:TC=3 PW=2. Thurs:PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=1. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12: 142.4 6/20: 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=11 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Debbie, Kim, Barbie what did I do to cause the baby zucchini fruits to fade from green to yellow from the blossom end? Transplant shock? Overwatering? ???

Barbara, I'm not sure, but I am wondering about the soil, I can't remember if you planted this into a pot or into the ground. Veggies in general are heavy feeders of the soil, and depending on what you have added to your garden soil, it could be depleted in one or more nutrients.

Kim in N. California
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: When I was teaching English and Social Studies in the middle school where I worked, we had a guest speaker who was a living woman who had survived the holocaust. Her story still brings tears to my eyes. We read the Diary of Anne Franke as part of our preparation for the visitor. The fall of the Berlin Wall was something I cheered. I have not traveled to Germany in person. :noway:

Barbara: I hope to connect with Arrow’s owner. I’ve been busy with family events and haven’t seen her in too long. In fact, I feel that we’ve become more isolated during and after the pandemic. It is time to connect with things and people that we cherish. Arrow’s owner is one of the friends I cherish. :heart:

Kim: In the past I had a bigger garden and found zucchini to be easy to grow. If I didn’t catch them soon enough they were huge. I used some to make zucchini bread, and I also sneaked around in the neighborhood and left a zucchini or two on people’s door steps. I don’t grow zucchini anymore. I have only a small amount of gardening space these days. This year I’m growing blueberries, tomatoes and herbs. Last year the deer ate my bean plants. We use Alaska fish fertilizer and run it through soaker hoses and drippers throughout our garden space. It operates on a timer. There is a morning watering and also an evening one. :star:

This morning it is 65 degrees Fahrenheit.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Shower, laundry and dishes done oh and a little nap

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 99min, 67elev, 3.24ap, 82ahr, 96mhr, 5.32mi= 495c
    Starve app = 644c
    Zwift home spin bike- 33.52min, 17-43lvl, 17.72amph, 118ahr, 149mhr, 10.02mi= 335c
    Zwift companion wouldn’t connect
    Treadmill jog- 15min, 5.7-6.5sp, 141ahr, 184mhr, 10.49min mi, 1.43mi= 154c
    Walk store to gym to store- 22min, .27mi= 87c
    Other- 11.25min, upright knee to waist 5 sets of 10ea, standing crunch machine 5sts of 10ea, 5# free weights 2 diff exer, 2sts of 10 ea= 78c
    Walk to salon n bk- 14.5min, .78mi= 69c

1149 total cal