60 yrs and up

Replies

• mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Steve, sending prayers to you and your wife. I think it’s a good idea to talk to a counselor.
  • Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    OGMlcs - 69yrs
    Hi, I'm new and glad to join in the group! I feel it will be very helpful and motivational. I want to be a very healthy Great Grandmother and with the help and grace of GOD be around for my 3 great-grandsons (Twins- 5years and an 8 year old)! And for them I need to be fit and healthy> LOL!

• Tuppence26
    Great reasons to get healthy!
  • Tuppence26
    Hey Steve🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️Great to hear you are keeping your weight stable. Your blogs are very honest and grounded, well done to acknowledge your need for support. There are so many of us on here that would share your burden if we could.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Virtual hugs, @alteredsteve175: Keep writing as long as it helps, keep giving yourself that good care but also good grace if things fray a bit around the edges. One can only do one's best, it need not be *perfect*!

In my experience with my own and late husband's cancer/treatment, that can be a roller coaster. I'm hoping that as your wife settles into home - perhaps the changes were a stressor? - that that coaster-car may start heading in a happier direction, at least for a while. But the unpredictability is part of what makes this kind of thing especially hard, I think.

Sending strength, wishes for the best possible outcomes, as always. Hang in there!
  • texokie2020
    texokie2020 Posts: 45 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and would like to join the group. I'm 63 and need to lose 90 lbs. I'm needing motivation and am hoping being part of a group will give me that motivation! I start the day by tracking my food but for some reason during the day I just quit tracking, need to break that habit for sure.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and would like to join the group. I'm 63 and need to lose 90 lbs. I'm needing motivation and am hoping being part of a group will give me that motivation! I start the day by tracking my food but for some reason during the day I just quit tracking, need to break that habit for sure.

Good luck you can do it try to be consistent!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    Thanks for the kind words and prayers, everyone. It's sort of cathartic for me to write things down. Lightens the burden a little.

We are here for you and your both in our thoughts!
  • richum1960
    richum1960 Posts: 43 Member

Welcome! Tracking is going to be key. Once you get a handle on that, you will start seeing results. Hang in there! You got this!
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome Texokie, you’ll get it! It will soon become a habit.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,294 Member
    I prayed for you & your wife as well Steve
  • southkonahi
    southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
    Thanks for the kind words and prayers, everyone. It's sort of cathartic for me to write things down. Lightens the burden a little.
    Having gone through having a family member with a serious illness, I encourage you to follow up on your intuition to see a counselor. I actually waited a couple of years before doing so, and wish I'd done it much sooner. What was most beneficial to me was having the counselor introduce me to a new mind-set, that allowed for more peaceful thoughts about some issues I was dealing with.
    Take care of yourself, while you help your wife.

• Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 432 Member
    Just joined..lost 30 pounds on Noom but gained 10 back. Time to try MFP! My husband is disabled so I am homebound..need to exercise at home more! Best to everyone!
  • texokie2020
    texokie2020 Posts: 45 Member
    Just joined..lost 30 pounds on Noom but gained 10 back. Time to try MFP! My husband is disabled so I am homebound..need to exercise at home more! Best to everyone!

Hi Rosemarie2972, welcome. I'm new too. Congratulations on the weight loss, 30 pounds is awesome!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,294 Member
    This year I've been losing & gaining the same 3 lbs. This time I'm determined to keep going. It's easier to track when I eat 1 ingredient foods like a ground turkey patty, piece of chicken & veggies but today I'm making chili verde in the crock pot ( weighing the pork will be easy) also making lentil stew. I did save it in my recipe builder before so may have to make adjustments but I don't feel confident it being the same as before. Hope everyone has great week end
  • michaelhardie13
    michaelhardie13 Posts: 17 Member
    91 in Puyallup, WA right now. Supposed to hit 113 on Monday which will be the highest ever recorded!
    Can I count sweating as exercise???
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    91 in Puyallup, WA right now. Supposed to hit 113 on Monday which will be the highest ever recorded!
    Can I count sweating as exercise???

I’d say yes! Stay cool. Hydrate. Have kids and grandkids in Seattle. PAC NW not used to that kind of heat.