Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Vince’s bowling ball came in the mail today. For father’s day I got him a bowling ball and had a picture of Kyle Bush’s race car put on it. So he had to go get it drilled and, of course, had to bowl a few games. Then we went to WalMart. They had cherries for 98 cents/pound. You KNOW I bought some

Thinking of Rori

Diane TN – welcome. Great goals

Took my evening walk and then a shower. Got ready for tomorrow (exercise stuff ready, etc). Now to watch a bit of TV

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    <3
  • JustKeepTryingNeverGiveUp
    Options
    Didn't make it to the gym today but I did at least go walk my dogs. I made them take turns, it's not the easiest walking two at the same time, so I walked one before cooking and the other while the Alfredo sauce was simmering on low heat. I really think they like their individual time alone with me, lol.

Welcome to the other new ladies! This is a great group and you don't have to worry about the immature chit chat that i've seen on some of these threads.

It seems like it's been unusually hot all over the US, we went to Wisconsin to visit family 3 weeks ago and they said it usually doesn't get that hot until almost August!

Candy in LA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    The new microwave + oven hasn’t arrived yet & we haven’t heard from the dealer about shipping. I am eager to have it done. I don’t know when it will arrive and waiting is no fun. :/
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Finally took a stand with neighbor at son's house. The last straw was them shooting a large bottle rocket into my yard. Fortunately I watered and it is a white clover yard now so I didn't have to worry about a fire. A number of yards are tinder now because of our drought and high temp. High temps will be back the next few days. 90's plus not as bad as Seatle area.

I plan to call parking police until the quit blocking me out of my garage in the back. These are the ones who had the dog who threatened me so I am choosing not to talk to them directly. She was upset with me because I was not respectful. Respect is earned by actions. I tend to make excuses for others and wait too long to take action.

I admit I have avoided this conflict because other things were in front on the list. The large bottle rocket is what put it to the top.

If I have any converstion with them I will say how would you react if my dog threatened your safety, if I shot a bottle rocket at your yard when I know you have small children and a dog in your yard. (they now have a small dog that does not cause problems.), and I made it impossible for you to park on your property. This is why I chose to have the parking police involved.

Follow the parking rules, refrain from shooting fireworks into my yard, and then I have no problem with you.

I think I would be inclined to sell that house.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Strong thunderstorms today so no horseback riding. It makes them skittish, so even indoor ridíng isn't as safe as usual. It makes my mom skittish too, so she wants me home. Yes I am over fifty! But she gets anxious.

Tomorrow Teddy goes to the vet. I hope I can postpone the canine dental to next year. It's not cheap.

I finally made dental and gynecology appointments. That leaves the eye doctor, and dermatologist, and I'm sure I need a mammogram. Maybe a colonoscopy too. I'm turning high maintenance! The awful part is that each appointment spawns three more until my head spins.

Meanwhile, I need to write a story. Something about a building collapsing. Hmmm.

Annie in Delaware

Didn't one go down in Florida recently?

• Katla49
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Rori – Flow seems like a very good word. :heart:

Margaret - I hope you are able to make progress on courtesy from a neighbor. I think calling the parking police might be helpful. Get advice and learn what you can do to protect your property. Good luck. :star:

We are waiting for new kitchen appliances and can I hardly wait until the new microwave upper & electric oven combination arrives. So far, we haven’t seen it. :ohwell: We are getting things ready so that the appliances can be installed as soon as they arrive. A local company will do the installation and haul the old stuff away. We are eager to have it done and waiting is not easy. :noway:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well i bought a fitness type watch...and had to get it set up.. did that earlier today fell asleep around 8 and woke to go to the bathroom at 11:30 checked the watch and said i had only slept an hour and a half. Geesh and of course I sm awake now.. will try and get back to sleep ,have to take Dan in for 8 an worktime
  • Machka9
    Options
    lri5wyk0hpbi.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    If you are experiencing these things in any of your relationships - family, friends, work, etc. - I would strongly encourage you to get help. Here in Tasmania/Australia we have organisations like Workers Assist, Beyond Blue, Stay Chatty, Employee Assistance Programs, and others. Talk to someone. :heart:

cg9tch4jcdbe.png

M in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Sat: BP, typed hymns, washed comforter, touch up vacuum, finish guest bed, finish cleaning bathrooms, dog group. Sun: BP, church, dust living room, touch up vacuum, washed sofa cover. Mon & Tue: time with K. Wed: BP, dogs to powerline, type hymns, launder and pack up guest bedding, email minutes to chief, 2 loads laundry, dog group.
    Bonus: Sat: dog group, Sun: Igor and the Red Elvises at Azalea Park, Mon: Lone Ranch beachwalk, CC for sea lions, Reed-Simpson trail. Tue: Pistol River dune walk, Panther trail, Cranberry Sweets, Dragonfly Farms.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, chiro, start goat cheese, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Joyful June:
    22-Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh: watch T’s Winn Dixie movie soon
    23-Create a playlist of uplifting songs: and not line dancing songs nor hymns ;)
    24-Bring to mind a favorite memory for which you feel grateful: C showing me all the good East Bay dog-walking trails
    25-Show your appreciation to people who are helping others: Curry Homeless Coalition donation.
    26-Make time to do something playful, just for the fun of it: Dog group with R.
    27-Be kind to you, do something that brings you joy-music event at the park with T & D.
    28-Notice how positive emotions are contagious to people-and how healing laughter with K is.
    29-Share a friendly smile with people you see today-easy, everywhere we went people were smiling either back or first.
    30-Make a list of the joys in your life (and keep adding to it) -Joe’s positivity and thoughtfulness, good morning puppies, this beautiful place, time with friends.
    Thank you so much, Barbie, for starting us off fresh and for checking in on me.

Whew! Company is such an upheaval! Cleaning frenzy really made the house look better. Routine disrupted. Missed BP a couple of days, even missed a day weighing in on wii. Logging sporadic, filling in with vaguely remembered guesstimates. But visit with K so very worth it. She came all the way from Idaho to visit and wasn’t even scared off by having to sleep in the van since the guest room is now a man cave. Lots of laughter, lots of steps ;) lots of indulgent food and drink, lots of fun!
    Wish she could have stayed longer. Relieved to return to my restful rut.

So far behind, will take awhile to catch up with the posts.

June Summary and July Plan
    Steps WAY better, average up to 6701 from 6362. CI<CO much better too.
    Cleaning frenzy showed me how important it is to recommit to the daily 10 mins.
    Want to focus this month on time with Joe, Tumble and Shadow.

June results:
    daily: sit with Joe: 93%/94%, steps=average: 6701 vs 6382 step days:57%/39%, vits=80%/92% log=100%/100% CI<CO= 93%/84% CI<250<CO=73%68% Tumble 5/10=47%/55% Shadow 5/10=60%/71% mfp=77%/84% AF=53%/71% outside= 117%/106%, up hill=83%/90% cleaning200%/44%
    wkly: BBBorTC x3=78%/22%, dance=80%/67% walk with T or Joe and the dogs or pack walk x2=78%/80%, rx=100%/120% review progress on 21 goals: bupkes/.
    monthly: board mtg=100%/100% grant=2/0
    June 30: 141.5 May 31:142.4 Apr 30:141.5 Mar 31:145.3 Feb 28:142.4 Jan 31:141.3 Jan 1:145.3 Dec 1:143.3 Jan 1 2020: 142.3
    Back to what I was Apr 30.
    Waist: 42.0/42.0 thank goodness.

July resolve- .
    Commit to daily: 10 mins really present with Joe, cleaning, get those dogs down to the powerline without fail. Link to other daily habits.
    Weekly: Tuesday 2 hr line dance. Wed 1 hr T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Fri: 1 hr T’ai Chi. Mon,Thurs, Sun: 15 mins BB&B, pilates, yoga or wii balance games. Sat: 1 hr pack walk.
    Keep walking with T & D. Encourage Joe to walk.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 28, weigh/wii: 29/0/0; steps>6362=Sat:8248 Sun:5926 Mon:12255!!! Tue:9122 , Wed:7207. vits=24, log=30, CI<CO=23, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=13, Shadow=15 mfp=23, outside=24, up hill=18, clean 10=34.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=4. Wed:TC=3 PW=4. Thurs:PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri:TC=4. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12:142.4 6/20:140.2 6/27:140.2 6/30:141.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=16 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Hello! Sooooo glad you had a great time with your friend. <3:D I would love to come and sleep in your van. :p
    Positive people are such a joy in our lives.

Machka - Good post about emotional abuse. So many people don't recognise what is happening to them, or realise that this is NOT how life should be. We don't have to put up with all this rubbish. You are right, reach out, get help, make that phone call, read a good book about emotional abuse and coercive control. Support from relevant organisations can, as Rori said so well, save your life.
    Love to anyone who recognises any of those things. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, chiro.
    Bonus: Sporthaven with T, Freddie’s.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, start goat cheese, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    1-take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry:
    Welcome @genellenp, @dawnsdoordecorfl Dawn in FL, @JustKeepTryingNeverGiveUp Candy in LA
    Tracey amazing numbers of spiders (and caterpillars) this year. What helps keep them outside of our home is puffing diatomaceous earth in all the cracks around the foundation. For outside, all I’ve been able to do is sweep, sweep, sweep…
    Penny your snoring polar bear sounds like the first time I went camping with Joe. Thought sure it was a cougar…

Only through pg 68 in June, but time to snooze.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 1, weigh/wii: 1/0/0; steps>6701=Sat:8248 Sun:5926 Mon:12255!!! Tue:9122 , Wed:7207. vits=24, log=30, CI<CO=23, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=13, Shadow=15 mfp=23, outside=24, up hill=18, clean 10=34.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=4. Wed:TC=3 PW=4. Thurs:PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri:TC=4. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12:142.4 6/20:140.2 6/27:140.2 6/30:141.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=16 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    edited July 2021
    Options
    3drxl4d6r3l4.png

Day off + flu shot yesterday = rest day!

But I have done a few things ... laundry, scrubbing the front door, bills, etc. That's next to nothing compared with a usual day. :)

M in Oz