Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Welcome New Members!

Replies

• carla4068
    carla4068 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey, I’ve lost 36LBS in the last year or so through more exercise! Now I’m maintaining. So using this to track my nutrition to help me reach then end goal, lose a few more pounds and tone up 💪🏻🦵🏻
  • acabigail4913
    acabigail4913 Posts: 2 Member
    I hope I'm posting this in its correct manner. Hello Everyone, today is my first day trying to lose weight. (Of course after many attempts before.) My goal is to lose 40 lbs. I decided to post so perhaps I can get some encouragement with like minds on this journey. The encouragement I receive here at home is unhealthy food being cooked all day and night in my face and under my nose. As I am writing this post the scent of french fries is in the air. Ugh! It's so easy to throw in the towel. I was always healthy prior to my roommate situation which led me to gain 40lbs. He's a couch potato and junk food junkie. I feel alone in this journey which makes it so super hard. :( I look forward to partaking with this wonderful group of people.
  • kimothy97
    kimothy97 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Restarting a focus on healthier eating and being more active. I've been edging towards getting back on track, but a doctor's appointment today confirmed that I'm at an all-time high weight 🥺. So, time to get going!!
  • gometros
    gometros Posts: 16 Member
    Since SparkPeople is going away, I need to find a new home and found MyFitnessPal. I use it to track my nutrition and exercise, swimming my primary preference. I like the app so far, it just frustrates me that it penalizes me for lack of steps, but as I said, I prefer to swim. I pair MyFitnessPal with my Garmin Swim 2, which motivates me to keep on track.
  • Aliciamay1776
    Aliciamay1776 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I'm Alicia. Feel free to add me so we can do challenges together
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 171 Member
    gometros wrote: »
    Since SparkPeople is going away, I need to find a new home and found MyFitnessPal. I use it to track my nutrition and exercise, swimming my primary preference. I like the app so far, it just frustrates me that it penalizes me for lack of steps, but as I said, I prefer to swim. I pair MyFitnessPal with my Garmin Swim 2, which motivates me to keep on track.

What do you mean it penalizes you for lack of steps? 🌼🌻

• cmoyes2020
    cmoyes2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey all, new to the app first time I'm giving loosing a bit of weight and getting healthy a real go. Feel free to add me :)
  • stasiabstnactrs
    stasiabstnactrs Posts: 5 Member
    Hi!!! I have used the app before but was not very active in the Communities. Looking forward to networking!
  • bhonestmommy
    bhonestmommy Posts: 3 Member
    Alex wrote: »
    Hello and welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!

We have an enormous community of MyFitnessPal members who you can connect with, get tips from, and share experiences. Many of our users have had impressive success and have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.

We'd love you to say hello and introduce yourself. You should also check out our member's amazing success stories.

Stop by our 2020 Welcome Noobs Discussion to meet other folks who are new to the community.

We care deeply about having a community that is a safe and supportive place for our members. Please help us out by reviewing our Community Guidelines.

Community Guidelines

Forum Resources: Hope to see you in our community!

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

We have an enormous community of MyFitnessPal members who you can connect with, get tips from, and share experiences. Many of our users have had impressive success and have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.

We'd love you to say hello and introduce yourself. You should also check out our member's amazing success stories.

Stop by our 2020 Welcome Noobs Discussion to meet other folks who are new to the community.

We care deeply about having a community that is a safe and supportive place for our members. Please help us out by reviewing our Community Guidelines.

Community Guidelines

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

Community Guidelines

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

Community Guidelines

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

Community Guidelines

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

• bhonestmommy
    bhonestmommy Posts: 3 Member
    5 months postpartum and just now overcoming the herniated disks to be able to get active. Super down and super nervous. Positive thoughts ❤️
  • simbacat16
    simbacat16 Posts: 1 Member
    hi everyone I have only just joined and would appreciate any help and/or advice on how to lose weight apart from the obvious! I have gained 4 stone since last august I'm not happy with myself I live 15 minutes walk from boscombe beach so go for a walk on most days but my eating habits are not good, I have tried slimming world and other diets but I find them hard to stick to as my motivation is low I am hoping that joining MFP that I will get lots of help and advice.
  • trangc901
    trangc901 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! New here and trying to figure out this app.
  • MikeRunsDaily2021
    MikeRunsDaily2021 Posts: 68 Member
    Back on MFP again. Looking for some dedicated friends. I am a very dedicated runner who runs seven days a week and strength trains five days a week. Looking for people who are looking at getting faster. I’d like to lower my body fat percentage and increase my top and speed. Feel free to send me a friend request if that something you’re working on as well.
  • Hemtech
    Hemtech Posts: 698 Member
    you can do this Janeymay79!
  • dawningistheday
    dawningistheday Posts: 2 Member
    Here trying to get healthy and make healthy friends. I've had an account for almost ten years, and with intermittent success, but I'm now resetting once more and trying to do it again.
  • CharlieFBruno1085
    CharlieFBruno1085 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, My name is Charlie Bruno and I am a Fitness Instructor and Entertainer. I have been on again off again user in MFP. Please feel free to add me as a friend and let’s motivate each other.
  • mattruss552
    mattruss552 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm new and just saying "Hello"!

I'm new as well and would welcome some new friends
  • JMinJordan
    JMinJordan Posts: 5 Member
    Dear All, New to MFP. I started last Thursday. I’m trying to lose 55 lbs. I’m on track for 2 lbs this week. I can see from the app that staying within my calories is not a challenge for me, exercising is. I used to be an avid runner 20 yrs ago. I have a treadmill (which is not the same as running outside). Mostly it’s motivating myself to run during the week after work I find difficult. I don’t know how to add friends yet, but when I do I will start looking for motivation buddies! Thanks for sharing about yourselves! It helps to feel I am with other people fighting the good fight!
  • JMinJordan
    JMinJordan Posts: 5 Member
    Back on MFP again. Looking for some dedicated friends. I am a very dedicated runner who runs seven days a week and strength trains five days a week. Looking for people who are looking at getting faster. I’d like to lower my body fat percentage and increase my top and speed. Feel free to send me a friend request if that something you’re working on as well.

Don’t you need rest days? I have never heard of people running every day. Is that common or are you promoting every day running? I used to run most days when I was 15-25 (20 yrs ago). I bought a treadmill 6 mo ago and am running 5km 3x a week. I’m working on adding more days!