100 Reasons Why

12345679»

Replies

• WaterLily82
    WaterLily82 Posts: 165 Member
    Day 91 of 100 Reasons Why:

I just joined a 6 week challenge at my local CrossFit gym and today’s reason is so that I can do a burpee without my gut getting in my way!! 🏋🏻‍♀️
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @WaterLily82 - that's what compression leggings are for. :)

And my reason: For being able reach that itchy spot on your back and give it a good scratch.
  • WaterLily82
    @speyerj there is not enough compression in any garment known to man to keep my jiggles under control 😂

I love your reason!! I HATE it when my T-Rex arms aren’t flexible enough to reach that itch!!
  • WaterLily82
    Day 92 of 100 Reasons Why:

To be able to get up and down onto the floor more easily. Whether it’s a picnic, sunning on my beach towel or getting ready to do floor exercises, it’s a struggle to get down and back up
  • WaterLily82
    Day 93 of 100 Reasons Why:

To live a more active lifestyle
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    I love what you’ve done here!! Best of luck on your journey.
  • WaterLily82
    Day 94 of 100 Reasons Why:

So I can reach around to tie my sundress up in the back 💃
  • WaterLily82
    Day 95 of 100 Reasons Why:

To prove to my harshest critic that I can do this thing, this thing that is so hard and sometimes seems so impossible, this thing that will take years to accomplish and round-the-clock effort. I want to show that person in my life who thinks I’m not capable, not strong enough, not serious enough, not worthy of success that I can do it.

That person is me.
  • WaterLily82
    Day 96 of 100 Reasons Why:

For hot girl summer ☀️👙🍹

Not hot girl summer 🥵🥵🥵
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Day 77 of 100 Reasons Why:

To be an inspiration to others who are struggling with obesity and help them achieve their weight loss goals

You are an inspiration to others. Your post is just what I needed to read to get my covid weight off and get my *kitten* moving again. Thank you
  • WaterLily82
    Day 98 of 100 Reasons Why:

To make everyday activities easy.

When you’ve been overweight your whole life you don’t always notice how much your weight holds you back or incapacitates you. Simple things like shaving my legs, vacuuming out my mini van, a long day walking at the fair with my kids are hard and wear me out because of those extra pounds. Every pound I lose makes day to day life easier and more enjoyable!
  • WaterLily82
    edited July 2021
    Day 99 of 100 Reasons Why:

In the spirit of Independence Day, today’s reason is for freedom. The freedom to do things I could never do before due to my weight. The freedom that my body feels being lighter, stronger, faster & leaner. The freedom to wear what I want without the sideways glances. The freedom to live a long, healthy, happy, pain-free life with confidence and pride over my accomplishments! ❤️🤍💙
  • losing200lbs
    losing200lbs Posts: 18 Member
    This is a great thread. Well done! I wish I didn't relate to so much of this but pretty much every point hits home.....except shaving my legs. I'll try that later.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    I love this thread!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @WaterLily82 - welcome back. Forgiving yourself when you slip is a really important lesson. Shame is not helpful. Neither is denial. Both hold us back from reaching our goals. I bet your learned a lot on your sort detour from your goals. And now you will be better equipped the next time something leads you away from your intended plan.

There's one of those inspirational posters at my workplace that I normally hate, but this one speaks to me. It's a picture of a lion that says, "I never lose. I either win or I learn". Every slip-up teaches us something if we are willing to learn from it. You got this.