WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just checked in for the first time yesterday and I will figure out how to respond to folks but I am so enjoying reading your post and learning about your interesting lives with a few challenges thrown in! I'm grateful for a three day weekend coming up. We currently have no plans but I have no doubt something will come along.
    Diane in TN
  • JustKeepTryingNeverGiveUp
    Options
    Beautiful view Machka!!!!

Heather, That's a HUGE ship!! We love cruising too, currently have 2 scheduled for next year and so ready to get back on a ship after 2 years. They are my favorite because once we're on the boat, my DH doesn't have to drive for 7 days and therefore I don't have to worry about his road rage Ha Ha.

And those of you with horses, cherish them and know i'm very jealous! I grew up barrel racing and trail riding but just don't have the place for them where we live now and can't justify the cost of boarding. Looking forward to retirement though when we are in a place to have them in our back yard again.

I'm still catching up on the thread a little at a time when I have a slow moment at work....Monday will be quiet so I'll get more reading in then.

Candy LA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Candy - Actually it's a 'boutique' ship, only 999 passengers. We haven't been on it yet. It's newish. We had three cruises on one with 400 and one on a ship with 600. All with Saga, for the over 50s. Our trips next year will be 18 and 15 days, :D<3
    We have been to the Arctic to visit Penny at the Pole as well as Scandinavian trips and the Baltic. St Petersburgh. Yes, no driving, no organising, no worries. Every whim catered for. Plus I actually love just being on a ship. I'm often in tears at the amazingness of it all, leaving and entering ports. It also suits my OCD and perfectionism, because the time keeping is immaculate. :o:p

We had an amazing time at Fatto a Mano. They really threw the boat out for us, with the best very professional, welcoming waiter, extra plates of olives and fries, and they turned the music down when I asked. :D We had drinks and ice creams and coffees. The whole thing for free.
    Now I will write them a good review. :p
    DH and I walked to the school to pick the kids up, then to their house, then to Fatto's and then home. Phew! About 90 mins fast walking in all.
    I will post a photo from my phone.

A good day.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Way to go Heather!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Tracey in Edmonton, yes my middle son was wise in handling it all, and sought help when he needed it. He went to a therapist for a bit, but he said it was really expensive, but he did say he learned a lot of coping mechanisms. I need to talk to him about going every so often, to kind of reset mentally. I had told him to factor in him going like every other bill. Its not something I want to text him about though.
    Rebecca
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Well I got little Teddy through his vet visit, despite his wiggling and panting and general discomfort. I feel like I've been through the wringer just watching him. It was expensive, and he still needs a canine dental visit. What can I do, he deserves the best care possible.

I am tempted by the bottle of wine in the fridge. But I know it's more the imagined feeling of relaxing I want than the actual result of drinking.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 36min 15sec, 157elev, 83ahr, 1504mhr, 3.07ap, 8.08mi= 753c
    Strava app = 979c
    Zwift home spin bike- 16.47min, 131elev, 123ahr, 153mhr, 18.09arpm, 5.06mi= 163c
    Zwift app- 113c
    Walk to gym- 10.53min, .53mi= 52c
    Strava app- 65c
    Rowing machine- 20min, 45aw, 124ahr, 157mhr, 3036meters= 166c
    Walk gym to store then home- 29.45min, 1.58mi= 179c
    Strava app = 192c

Total cal 1304
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Beth I am using pine needles for mulch for my Zuchanni in pots. Still getting some yellow leaves. I think it is because it is so hot this year. I noitce I am getting less drooping of leaves using the mulch. I am glad fertilizer is helping.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    (((((
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I like to use Alaska fish fertilizer, and my plants thrive, with one exception this year. Several extreme heat days together managed to damage the hanging fuchsia that I enjoyed. Now it is trying to survive & I have worries that it won’t recover. Dried leaves are plentiful but there are a few leaves and blossoms that are getting by. 🥺
  • JustKeepTryingNeverGiveUp
    Options
    Heather, now that I'm counting the life boats.... the picture made it look huge though, lol.
    We want to do more cruising once we retire but so far an 8 day will be our longest. We live an 1-1/2 away from one port and about 5 hours from one of the others so it's always somewhere in the Caribbean because of the convenience but would love to venture farther out.

Candy in LA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    🥭☘️
  • pipcd34
    Options
    )))))
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did 30 min of HIIT today then since it’s raining just used the elliptical to burn more calories. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Friedrich Upper Body Pryamid DVD.

Rori – (((BIG HUG))) I know how hard it was for me to spread my father’s ashes, I can’t even begin to imagine spreading your husband’s. The one thing that helped me, and I’m sure it’ll help you, is knowing that he’s someplace he loved.

Pip – what did you get Kirby for his b-day? Have you ever had paver’s before?

Penny – so glad you made it safely. A trip to the shore is a great thing to do for yourself. What a wonderful NSV you had!

Carol – best of luck on your surgery

Went to Food Lion since the soda is on sale today. It stopped raining so I just came back from my walk around the block. It’s humid so need to cool off. Suggested to Vince that we blow up the inflatables for the pool, or at least some of them Update: done

KJ – I agree with Vicki, let kids be kids. I am not a fan of the kids having nothing but their phone or tablet and spending hours playing video games. Nor am I a fan of them watching TV all day. Hate to say it, but when I was watching PJ, he always wanted the TV on. Denise would have him watch this one show (a kids show, I even forget the name of it) all the time. To me, if you at least had a DVD player, they could watch a series of Einstein-type shows, Sesame Street, etc. But it’s not my child.

Vicki – if the job is 6-6, I know that I don’t want to work more than 4-5 hours/day. Does it have to be 6-6 or could it be like 6-10, 10-2, 2-6?

Tried to download my paycheck stubs from Jan. I thought I’d do it at home so I can do it doublesided. Food Lion has the weirdest website. Even Vince complained about it. When I log into the HR website, my Bitdefender won’t let me go in. Any other way I’ve tried, it keeps telling me that my password has expired but I changed it less than an hour ago! Well, I guess they’re just going to have to print them out from the store. Update: I got 8 of them printed out, but it won’t let me print any more

Diane TN – welcome! We don’t have plans, either. It’s supposed to be nice so I’ll probably be in the pool

Heather – you are something else!

Went for my evening walk and then played mahjongg while I had my feet in the pool. That seems to be my nightly routine when it isn’t raining.

Michele NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Flea ... I will be praying that your cancer is stage 3 and that all you've described will completely remove the cancer and allow you to heal quickly. Hugs...