WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Well I have to run so I did read your stories and find this group to be inspirational keep it up. LIve life the best you can.

Sharon - there are strips you can get at the pharmacy to measure ketones in your pee. They will be by the glucose monitors. Ketosis is simply burning ketones. That shows up in your pee for diabetics it's bad for people in ketosis on purpose it's good. And I wouldn't worry too much about the protein burning. Thing is there are studies that show if you are in ketosis it is a muscle preservation state. I do not do the strictly keto diet like 70% fat and such. I do low carb and whatever protein I feel like but I try to keep protein at least 70 grams nothing outrageous. Your body will actually convert protein to glucose.

I drank like 3 glasses of raw milk yesterday plus ate some veggies so today I was only in a trace ketosis. I also didn't get my exercise in yesterday.

But today is my 1 week in for July and WI was 201.2 so down 1.9 pounds for the week. That's excellent for me. Usually I can only clock about 0.2 pounds per week. So I'm happy. But this is only like day 14 or something of low carb so I may be still losing water weight.

I didn't get hubby's lunch packed as he is joining this journey. So I'm off to meet him at panera for a lovely salad to break my fast.

I'm finding the intermittent fasting (IF) awesome. I'm not hungry and I can have so much more satisfying meals when I only eat 2 of them. The IF also increase Human Growth Hormone for muscle building and increases autophagy which is excellent for brain and other things.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka—I spend lots of time climbing up and down stairs, too. I suspect you have several more flights of stairs than I do. Our bedroom is upstairs, and DH likes to hang out there to enjoy the view of the river. We have a sitting area next to our bedroom windows. There are many birds to see close by, ship traffic on the river farther away, and the State of Washington on the other side of the river. :star:

Barbara—DH was a duck hunter many years ago but is no longer able or interested. We do our hunting and fishing at the grocery store. :wink: Taking on your DH’s nephews was generous and kind. I am happy for your nephew whose cancer could not be seen on his latest scan, and delighted for you, too. :heart:

Annie in DE-- I’m sorry that your mom has dementia and has become selfish. :cry:

BGypsy—Nice to see your post. :flowerforyou:

csofled—I love books, too. Reading is a joy. :heart: I am also a fan of knitting. DDIL is expecting a baby boy and I plan to ask her what color she would like for the baby blanket. She wanted variegated black and gray for number one. I managed to make a penquin face for a corner. I named the blanket “Penguino.” I don’t know whether she did or not. :wink: :bigsmile:

I have had a quiet morning so far. Yesterday we had a clock problem and DH fixed it. Three cheers for DH! It is working well today. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited July 2021
    Made two good decisions today.

First one was to not go out for a meal at the Persian restaurant when DSIL comes to visit. Covid numbers have rocketed here, there is no ventilation, and the place is packed with young people on a Saturday night. Although we are all double vaxxed, I think it is wise to stay away. I will order delivery from them instead. :D I texted my DSIL that we can still put our gladrags on and I will beautify the table, so it feels like going out. She thought it was a very wise idea. :) I can see champagne in our future!

Second one was to text my son to ask him if DH could watch the England/Italy final at their place. I expect they will let the kids stay up! It's a bit lonely for him in his study, but he would never think to ask for himself. My son said "Great idea!", and is going to properly invite him later. Hope they win! :o

The cleaner came and seemed very nice. She is starting on Monday, two hours once a fortnight. I told her not to try to do the whole house, but to stagger it. I prefer her to do fewer rooms, but to do them properly. She said, since she started the business, she has lost loads of weight. :D

Duck legs tonight, cabbage, marrowfat peas, and roasted new potatoes for DH.

I have been doing very well this week on the no alcohol. Friday night, tomorrow, is wine night!

My friend is rallying and able to walk with high oxygen and assistance. He might come out of hospital next week. His wife is insisting on a Care Package. Good for her.
    My ex husband posted a message to him, with a photo of himself and his wife. Bit of a surprise, as he's not very active in the WhatsApp group. They are in Cornwall on holiday and were hoping to visit, but restrictions are still tight. He looked OK for nearly 74, and his much younger wife looked as if she spends hours in the gym, lifting weights! When he married again they had two kids who are now around 19 and 17. Don't envy them. Anyway it was nice to see a pic of them.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Tracey- here in the states it is illegal to not get paid anything over 40 hrs if your not a salaried employee and after 40 hours they are supposed to pay you time and a half..its been a long time since I have worked 40 hrs,i think the only time i did is when I worked in a factory setting...i didnt get to sleep until 1 this morning and woke up at 5,so im running on 4 hrs sleep.. I really havr to figure out what i will say to Dan ,I just dont want to see him live his life like a hemit and not care what he looks like my dad would be appalled at what he has become, and without grandpa's guidance he is like a lost ship..i will choose my words carefully but also be direct and im his mom and if his few friends ever broached the subject he would shut them out too..wish me luck.

I'm sorry you are struggling with this and that he is struggling, too. Is his father influential in any way? His sister? Your brother?

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Did my Athena pics show up?

Thankfully, yes. I need my Athena pics every few days! <3

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Qqqqq
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,437 Member
    Did my Athena pics show up?

Thankfully, yes. I need my Athena pics every few days! <3

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Oh to be addicted to a face!!! The mere thought of getting to hug her, sing songs with her, or tell her stories makes me weepy! I can't wait!
    Rebecca
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    4indsjnyu9lo.png

THANK YOU- I printed it and will be taping it to my desk as a reminder. It is exactly what I needed.

Debbie

I needed that picture too. I did copy it and save it. Thank you!
    RvRita
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Yesterday was my day off and sleeping in didn't happen. My house got cleaned like it hasn't in months. I even cleaned the spare room and got ride of a lot of maybe someday projects. The lady that lives with us is to clean the house every other week, but has not been doing a very good job the last couple months. But with me there yesterday and working she did clean some with me. I just was proud of myself for doing all I did. Then I went out and sprayed weeds and cleaned the front of the house. Bad part of the day is I ate way over my 1200. I have to get a handle on that . So now I am working 12 hours each today, tomorrow and Saturday, so see how it goes. Going to get really HOT here again the next couple days. Glad to be inside. My emotions are all over the place. Not sure what is going on.

Pip, Michele, Barbie and others that are at or close to goal weight. I am glad you are here and pray you stay. Each one is a special and I look to you for support and friendship for many years to come.

Acouple years ago one of the guys I work with brought some bear meat. He told me the best way to cook it and it was nasty. I will never try that again. :#

Kelly--Happy 23 years Ann!!

Debbie--So sorry things are so hard. Sending prayers and hugs!! You deseve love and attention. We all do.

Time to get some work done, got most of my staff evalutions done and happy about that.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 35min 20sec, 42elev, 3.30ap, 81ahr, 98mhr, 5.27mi= 471c
    Strava app = 638c
    Zwift home spin bike- 36.28min, 136ahr, 161mhr, 580elev, 127aw, 66arpm, 19.1mi= 370c
    Zwift app- 267c
    Elliptical machine- 20min, lvl7, incl7, 117ahr, 139mhr, 1.69mi= 164c
    Elliptical machine #2 different kind- 15min, lvl4 incl4, 127ahr, 142mhr, 1.13mi= 152c
    Other- 2.35min, 5sts of 10ea, knee to waist hanging crunches , 104ahr, 126mhr= 27c

Total cal 1184
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Well it was a crazy day, trying to babysit my uncle while my aunt is in the hospital. He wanted the company while insisting he was okay alone. I ought to go back over there, but it might be too much.

So I cancelled horseback riding because of a storm that didn't happen. We are expecting a rainy night with Elsa. I didn't do my exercise at four like I thought I would. I got hungry and ate snacks that I should have skipped. Mea culpa. I'm having a bad diet day, and team weigh-in is tomorrow.

One more thing to do tonight: I signed up for a zoom presentation on imagery in writing. I like to think my specialty in writing is action scenes, and then my weakness is literary description, similes and metaphors and such. So this should help.

Annie in Delaware who is craving cheesecake.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Wow I did a lot more damage snacking tonight than I did yesterday eating out for lunch and skipping dinner.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Lisa-- Your house is inviting & the gray roof is appealing. Did you choose it? It looks like it will do well for years to come. :star:

Annie in DE-- You are good to help out your uncle while your auntie is in the hospital. He may not say so, but it is likely he is grateful for your support & company. :flowerforyou:

I have a knitting project to make a baby blanket for our unborn grandson. I have time to finish it, but my trouble is choosing yarn. I am likely to head for a craft store tomorrow that sells fabric and yarn. DDIL is telling me she wants an orange fox. I have some yarn on hold there and plan to go tomorrow morning. :bigsmile:

Katla in sunny NW Oregon