60 yrs and up

Replies

• trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 250 Member
    grob49 wrote: »
    I'm 70 and been on this roller coaster for over a year. At this age my metabolism is really slow. Which makes it really hard to burn fat and loose weight even with exercising 5 to seven days a week and eating at the calorie deficit that is recommended. I started intermittent fasting about 6 weeks ago and have dropped 7 pounds. I've also found that if I stay below 1200 calories I can loose weight. I'm doing low carb medium protein and high fat. I'm loosing fat and not mu I've lost almost 2 inches off my waste. I don't want to hear all the negative responses I heard them before. This is working for me. It may not work for you. Everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you.

Exactly! Do what works for you! No one knows you like you know you! Keep up the great work
  • texokie2020
    texokie2020 Posts: 45 Member
    tadoore wrote: »
    Hello all! I'm 66 and have lost my way as far as living a healthy lifestyle. I had done pretty well in the past but in the last year and a half I have struggled with making healthy choices and sticking to it. I am an emotional/stress eater and I have turned to food a lot in trying to deal with the issues in the world today.
    So, here I am again, bound and determined to make this my time! I have found that it becomes easier when you have your own support group, so that's what I'm looking to be part of. After all, we are all in this together, right?
    Hi and welcome. Sounds like we have a lot in common. There are some very supportive folks in here. I think you're going to like it.
  • snaxandpop
    snaxandpop Posts: 71 Member
    Hey Everyone,

I am trying intermittent fasting for the first time. 16/8 method but sometimes it stretches a bit longer. It seems to agree with me so far and hasn't been hard at all.

I hope you all have a fabulous holiday weekend. Be kind to yourself
    Susan
  • SwiminAndi
    SwiminAndi Posts: 2 Member
    65, swim daily. Knees and hips osteoarthritis. Swimming really, really helps.
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    I have been reading Eat this Not That on my tablet. It has some good ideas and helps me with motivation. I like comparing different articles and always take the advice with a cautious approach. I am a fan of intermittent fasting (16/8) which has helped me stop night time snacking.Be gentle with yourself.😊
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    Quick check-in. Gained a few pounds over the last two weeks. Lacking motivation/discipline to exercise. Stress eating.

Family Independence Day dinner today - due to work schedules. One last hurrah. Will rededicate myself to my goal beginning tomorrow.

Keep up the good work, my friends!

Understand the whole stress eating thing. Hope you enjoyed the meal and company.

• anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Steve, so glad chemo is working. We are in the middle of heat wave here (106 now) so just trying to stay cool. Cooking is not going to happen so it's microwave for next few days. Hope you all are staying focused and on your way to achieving your goals. Telling myself it's a journey not a race.
  • Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Drive-by check in. The heat wave continues in Idaho. Another week of triple digits is predicted. I'm over it.

Greetings to the new folks posting in this thread. You'll find a lot of support and encouragement here.

My wife's physical situation is looking up - blood chemistry is improving. The doctor thinks they're on the right track. Now we'll see if her demeanor will improve.

Got my first appointment with the counselor next week. Maybe my demeanor will improve. HAHA! 😁

Keep up the good work, you beautiful people!

• Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Goodness Steve you’ve certainly had a roller coaster ride. Been wondering how you both are, thanks for the update🤗
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Keep going @cathyb60! I've just started back and have found so much inspiration in these posts.