WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,058 Member
    Options
    Teddy is much better, thank you all for listening to me worry. He is on a pain med and an antibiotic. And his sore doesn't look nearly as angry. He is moving around more too. So now to remember what else I wanted to get done today!

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Fabulous job and fabulous girl! She will go far! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊💙📚
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Allie ... is your son currently receiving any counseling help (you mention mental health concerns)? It is so much more difficult to parent adult children who are dealing with mental health issues. "Tough love" becomes even tougher ... hugs.

Margaret ... my potted zucchini is my new nemesis!! Arghh!! Some of the zucchini are making it and others are developing end rot. Everything in else in my pots is growing great though. Even harvested some jalapeño peppers today.

I harvested quite a bit of basil and mint the other night and made basil/mint pesto for use with a shrimp recipe (that the family thought would be gross and have asked for again some time) and regular basil pesto that I'll freeze as well as use in a vegetable lasagna recipe I'm eying.

Today, I made "Turkish Red Lentil Soup with Mint." The recipe author said it had dynamic flavors and a lovely mild heat ... dynamic flavors yes, mild heat no... hot, hot, hot ... and that was with me cutting down on the spices. My husband liked it though, so I froze it in small containers to enjoy when the temperatures cool down. Maybe I can dilute the spice level later to my tastes??

Kim ... gift giving is stressful to me. I try very hard to avoid giving gifts as a result and when my family asks if we can forgo gifts, I'm on board.

Hugs to all of you with work woes. My job as a housekeeper for our church has never really been difficult and my boss (the pastor) always listens to my concerns even if he doesn't agree with me.

Rebecca ... beautiful rose photo.

Machka ... caregiving is extremely stressful and fatiguing ... I don't think you'll ever catch up on sleep.

Barbara... I'm impressed with your efforts to spend time with Joe ... I find that my husband and I need to do the same. His recent retirement, coupled with our recent loss, has set us drifting a bit. Your approach makes sense to me.

Waiting for a pan of Lemon Squares to come out of the oven and then I'm heading outside to see if I can "help" with some dirt shoveling... remnants of the recent gas line excavation we had done for our pool heater. Go figure ... the pool heater's pilot lit (so our gas install is good), but now the dang heater won't fire ...

Beth near Buffalo

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Had a lovely time with my friends,and Jen and I had a heart to heart she is going through alot right now,told her i would always be there for her.then since i was more than 1/2 way there went to see my ln laws at the cemetery and drive by there old house,stopped to talk to the next door neighbors and had a nice chat then raced home to pick Dan up for work.. he didnt say a word about what i told him yesterday so im hoping he is thinking about things..
    Kim that is always my thought on gifts,When i was with Tom i always got him things I know he would like,he didnt reciprocate but thats in the past,have to pick Dan up at 7
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 42min 55sec, 3.12ap, 41elev, 82ahr, 98mhr, 5.42mi= 513c
    Strava app = 657c
    Zwift home spin bike- 16.40min, 370elev, 18.11amph, 130amph, 157mhr, 143aw, 61arpm, 5.03mi= 185c
    Zwift app = 137c
    Walk to gym- 11.01min, .52mi= 52c
    Strava app = 63c
    Treadmill jog- 36.23min, 5.5-6.5sp, 143ahr, 167mhr, 10.35min mi, 3.5mi= 360c
    Other- 180# tire toss, 5times= 30c
    Walk gym to home, scenic route- 14.07min, .70mi= 83c
    Strava app = 85c

Total cal 1223
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ I can see that Michela (sp?) has inherited your talent! Love the chair.

Son and family came to collect the dogs. The dogs were ecstatic to see them and so was I. I warmed up home made chili and roasted hot dogs so they got a bite to eat. Then I shooed them off. LOL

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I have spent my day knitting & enjoying it. I am working on a baby blanket for our newest unborn grandson. We plan to take it with us when we go for his birth this fall. I have knitted blankets for our daughter’s three kids and son & daughter in law’s first born. I am enjoying making one for son’s & DDIL’s up coming second baby. <3<3<3

Katla
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :) Blue tooth headphones, phone in pocket, and I can do housework, yardwork or take a long walk while on the phone with a friend or attending a zoom meeting with my camera off.

:):) Yes, if you want to be happy stop doing the things that make you unhappy
    <3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,356 Member
    Options
    Did the second part of Cathe Xtrain DVD then went for a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Core Fusion (this is a pilates) DVD

Kylia – thank goodness you missed that deer! They can really do some bad damage. I get my honey from a man down the street from me who has hives in his backyard

Debbie – all the reviews I’ve read about the air fryer lid say that you can’t cook as much in the IP. Yet, how much do two people need? And it’s not like I’m cooking for grandchildren. Denise never comes here and won’t for a long time. Jess will soon have her career and most likely a home. But who knows where?

Terri – what is a lateral flow test?

Went to Hallmark then to the vet for some medicine. Vince wants to cut the grass later. If time permits, I’ll go to church tonight. If not...well, I’m not lectoring so if I miss, I miss. Update: we did cut it, at least I got a fair amount of steps in. Then went in the pool

Happy Birthday Kirby!

Kim – I like to give gifts that I’ve made. To me, while I’m making it I’m thinking of the person. Plus, to me it’s more sincere. Or else I like to give things that people want rather than something I think they’d like.

Anne DE – so glad to hear Teddy is doing a bit better now

Tracey – what a sweet artist

Vicki – stay safe

Think I may go for a walk then play mahjongg.

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @exermom - a lateral flow test is like a home pregnancy test. The ones we did were for Covid 19. You get the result in 30 minutes. The Uk government are providing them free at the moment.

☘️
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    jaimie1757 wrote: »
    Hello, Ladies!

It's my first week back on the wagon. I saw my cousin on Father's Day, and she suggested we team up and be serious about our weight loss goals again (in the past, we've done WW - but separately). It's so nice to have her with me - we text each other every day now, and I'm feeling like we can actually do this thing this time. She recommended that I check out Pahla B's YouTube channel and I'm trying her 5-0 method, and landed here to count calories. Hadn't given my weight a second thought in quite a while! Sooo... Anyone else got 100 to lose? :# ..when I weighed myself I was 25 less than I thought, so that's good. lol
    Is there a group for 50+ women with a long journey ahead?

I have about 100 a little less.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Sunny and warm out. Just checked on critters to make sure everybody had water. We moved them all around this weekend so the pastures get more even use. Also I watered in back where the horses were during the heat wave. Seattle area is having a record number of days without rain. I wish it would rain. I think the fire season is going to be bad this year.

Our blueberries are starting to ripen and they are going gangbusters. I think I will be freezing lots of blueberries.

Allie - Hope things work out for you and your son.

Carol - glad things went well with the eye.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    #####