Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• CycleMomOf3CycleMomOf3 Member Posts: 276 Member Member Posts: 276 Member
    I've lately become obsessed with frosted mini wheats. Yes, they have carbs but they're tasty and filling (and I'm not anti-carb, just try to do smarter carb). They do have some added sugars (frosted!), but I honestly don't do much sugar in my diet otherwise, so I feel like I can swing it just fine). I've been trying to up my daily fiber intake (when I started in January, it was maybe 1-3g/day, and now I'm up to a whopping 14-18g/day), and I will often package up a single serving of these in a bowl/baggy in the morning and when I start to get a mild rumbly tumbly mid-morning or mid-afternoon, I snack on a few of these and they fulfill the snacking desire. It's a splurge I can live with. :wink:
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 10,598 Member Member Posts: 10,598 Member
    @VegjoyP ...that tempeh looks so yummm...so caramelized!
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,762 Member Member Posts: 1,762 Member
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 3,766 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,766 Member
    Got these at Lidl yesterday. 30 feather light crispy crackers for 130 calories, perfect with hummus. These things are awesome.

b5n0env1gao5.jpeg

sw0tmt92t3da.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,814 Member Member Posts: 6,814 Member
    Got these at Lidl yesterday. 30 feather light crispy crackers for 130 calories, perfect with hummus. These things are awesome.

b5n0env1gao5.jpeg

sw0tmt92t3da.jpeg

Oooo those look good!
  • SL62814SL62814 Member Posts: 23 Member Member Posts: 23 Member
    Soy and tofu salads
    SL62814 wrote: »
    Soy and tofu salads

I live tofu!
  • Sand_TIgerSand_TIger Member Posts: 766 Member Member Posts: 766 Member
    Lately I've been obsessed with cut up bell pepper sprinkled with a little popcorn seasoning. Today it was red bell pepper with ranch sprinkles. So. Darn. Good!
    I've been 'obsessing' over daikon and spicy/red salsa. Not necessarily together - but that would be good too lol!
    I've frequently been making 'sweet potato' chips with flaked sea salt and nutritional yeast on top too...
  • SL62814SL62814 Member Posts: 23 Member Member Posts: 23 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Soy and tofu salads

I live tofu!

Nice! What kind of tofu do you like to have?
    Soy and tofu salads

I live tofu!

Nice! What kind of tofu do you like to have?

Allll kinds! Silken, firm, crumbles... just all tofu.
  • AthijadeAthijade Member Posts: 2,596 Member Member Posts: 2,596 Member
    Sounds plain, but I've been obsessed with toast with light cream cheese, sprouts, cucumber, and everything but the bagel seasoning. I have this every morning and it just makes me happy.

That actually sounds really good!
  • EyeOTSEyeOTS Member Posts: 283 Member Member Posts: 283 Member
    Zuchinni, squash and tomatoes because a bunch came in the garden.
    Built Bars and Quest Bars. I used to hate protein bars, they must have improved the recipes.
    2ic6admh5gaa.jpg

Ezekiel flax bread powdered almond butter and sugar free preserves
  • cbuzicacbuzica Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Lately I've been diggin this little snack of celery with a dip consisting of hummus, chickpeas and plant based shredded cheese. I've been seasoning it with pepper and crushed red pepper
    2ic6admh5gaa.jpg

Ezekiel flax bread powdered almond butter and sugar free preserves

@VegjoyP - I too like Ezekiel sprouted bread...have you tried Manna sprouted breads? They are so good - lots of different ones too!