• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    📚🪴👋
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Lisa - the quilt came out beautiful
    Allie - great job on recognizing the games being played and not participating.

Kim in N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie — I am currently knitting a baby blanket for our son and DIL. They are expecting another little boy this fall. I have knit one for each newborn in the family. Barbie and Cheri regularly knit &/or crochet baby blankets for newborns and donate them to hospitals and birthing centers. Once I have finished knitting the one for our upcoming grandson, I will see about knitting for nearby hospital maternity facilities. I like to be able to keep my hands busy and away from snacks. :flowerforyou:

Lisa — I had a colonoscopy last year and had to show the doctor’s office Covid vaccination proof before I could go in the door for the procedure. :ohwell:

Michele — Our old microwave/oven combination were in the kitchen when we moved here more than 20 years ago. We were the first residents to live here. They worked well until they stopped altogether. The new microwave and oven combination is in the garage waiting to be installed. :star:

Kylia — Have your tried stevia in your coffee? No calories. :wink: It is not as sweet as real sugar, but I like it well enough.

Carol in GA — I am eager to have the old appliances hauled away and the new installed. It feels like it is taking longer than necessary. The company that will be doing the work has put us on a waiting list for installation. :ohwell:

Yoga today!!!

Katla in NW Oregon
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Katla- I use local honey in coffee for the allergies. It works wonderfully! Couldn't have this morning until after blood work. Tasted so good when i finally got it!
    Machka- work from home-good.
    Reserge- not good. I take it people have been traveling again?

Back to work.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Rebecca--Sounds like your visit is off to a great start. Looking forward to pictures.

Sounds like the numbers for Covid are going up around here also. OSHA is now in charge of rules for hospitals, nursing homes, and airports. So they have us back at square one. It was interesting when I was at the doctor Wednesday and we are talking about having to be careful about infections he never said anymore about getting the shot. But he was looking thru my phone at my blood counts from giving blood and it says they tested me each time and I have the antibodies.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Kylia — We will be traveling to the east coast for the birth of a grandchild in the fall. I’m spending evenings knitting a baby blanket and watching TV. Yesterday it was the Calgary Stampede and several veterinarian shows. 🐎🐕🐈🐄🐓 I like critters. 😎
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I had the same feeling about the toys when my grandchildren were tiny. Total overwhelm!!!!! They did sort of straighten them out after bedtime, but it wasn't very methodical. But life is so very exhausting with a toddler. Tidy and clean is not a priority. As long as the kid is happy. :p I used to recoil at the area under the table!!!! Ugh. DDIL said she had to decide not to worry about it or she would drive herself mad.
    Sooooooo glad you are getting some Athena time at last. <3
    I gave DH his haircut just now. He hasn't been feeling robust just now with allergies and sleeping problems, so I decided to have compassion and managed to do it with good grace. It only took 10 mins, including ears and eyebrows. Now he looks smart for his sister. :p

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    lisa - I was listening to a pod cast that touched lightly on Lyme disease and a few of the symptoms sounded like what you are dealing with.... maynot be related at all.... just a thought

Kim
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Kylia-Something like that happened to me too with a mailed package. When I went to the counter to show them the package, which was clearly intentionally cut, he shrugged. I actually think you can and should file a complaint. I am sure there is a way to do it online, I just don’t know how.

Julie-The concert was pop, which is why I don’t have friends who care to go with me. I just think this performer will put on a great show. I need a teen or pre-teen to take. It has actually been postponed 3 times, as have several other concerts we had tickets to attend. It seems that everything is being scheduled in October right now—concerts, live theater, conventions! I wish they’d all spread it out a bit!

Barbara-The vaccines themselves didn’t really hurt. I just had sore arms for a day and felt tired. But, at least 2 of them are lifetime, so I won’t have to get them again. I’m thinking of getting one more before we go on vacation, but I wanted to spread them out a bit in case I had any significant side effects.

Resurgence-I don’t know what the numbers are here, but people are going along like there was no pandemic. I suspect they’ll start climbing again.

I’m struggling trying to heal my knee and hips. Physical therapy just seems to harm more than help. But because I’m having trouble, it’s hard to burn my 300+ calories a day in activity. I get bored walking the neighborhood and rowing for as long as it takes to do it.

We are going to a very “special” dinner tonight with friends at an Indonesian restaurant. It’s going to be stupid expensive, but hopefully a great experience. I won’t be eating much until then, but thankfully it’s an early dinner.

Have a great day.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Options
    Lime Disease is caused by a tick bite. My husband’s favorite cousin was bitten while he was hunting. Over time the bite caused serious problems with his ability to think and function. He passed away many years ago.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Back from my lunch with friends and we drove around and chatted..stopped by the veterans cemetery and said hello to my parents..but the heat is brutal...
    Got home and got the mail and 4 envelopes from social security with paperwork I have to fill out..
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,556 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    lisa - I was listening to a pod cast that touched lightly on Lyme disease and a few of the symptoms sounded like what you are dealing with.... maynot be related at all.... just a thought

Kim

Thanks, Kim - I went and looked up the symptoms, and you're right. There is a specific test for it, and I may ask my GP to submit it for me.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip - Poor Yogi. Hope he's back on his game by tomorrow. Sweet pup.

Karen in Virginia