WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday!
    Car show today so off work :) Not really, but not going to shop. I caught up on bills and check books last night! Whew! Property taxes were due yesterday so am thankful for the ability to pay online! Now to get stuffs in the file cabinet-yuck. Feels good to know things are caught up in that department for the moment. Work stuffs to do this weekend, but not at shop. I am taking my cross stitch with me to car show. Something a little more relaxing.

Machka- Love the flowers! The squirrels and chipmunks eat bulbs when I plant them. Hostas grow like crazy though. Then I just add some flowers for color.

Ladies, Have a wonderful day! Enjoy your time with family, friends, and even yourself!
    You are WORTH it!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio dodging rain

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Saturday!
    Car show today so off work :) Not really, but not going to shop. I caught up on bills and check books last night! Whew! Property taxes were due yesterday so am thankful for the ability to pay online! Now to get stuffs in the file cabinet-yuck. Feels good to know things are caught up in that department for the moment. Work stuffs to do this weekend, but not at shop. I am taking my cross stitch with me to car show. Something a little more relaxing.

Machka- Love the flowers! The squirrels and chipmunks eat bulbs when I plant them. Hostas grow like crazy though. Then I just add some flowers for color.

Ladies, Have a wonderful day! Enjoy your time with family, friends, and even yourself!
    You are WORTH it!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio dodging rain

Something digs up some of my bulbs too ... it's either possums or birds. That's partly why I wanted to plant a lot ... I'm not expecting all of them to come up.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I dropped Dan off and am in the Walmart parking lot waiting for them to bring oit my groceries..
    Ive had sacroilitis before but not in a long time,but it is rearing its ugly head and im in quite a bit of lower back pain.. all i can take is tylenol..ugh..suppost to be showers and thunderstorms today so will stay inside..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    I am in so much trouble with my doctor next week.....
    Blood work not good cholesterol wise......ldl went up 30 points and triglycerides up 40 points!! I guess I really need to focus on me! I don't eat that badly I didn't think but eating hasn't been a focus, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I need to get a handle on this. I suck at taking medicine! I don't like taking it as I feel one thing leads to another....270 is a little high though. My HDL is still at 90 so that is a plus. I will see what doctor says, but hopefully we can figure this out without statins or other meds. So I know junk food and STRESS don't help....Reckon I need to figure this out......

Thanks for listening. Tips or suggestions welcome. Reading to be done.

This too will be taken care of one way or another. I am important to many people, so really need to figure this out for my health.

<3
    Kylia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Ttttt
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    Off to get Corey's hair cut - I did it the last time, and I've asked him to apologize on my part to the barber for how badly I boogered it.
    :hushed:

Then Sam's Club for the toilet tissue that we have finally run out of a year and a half after the first run on it last year.

Viv - don't forget there is probably the ability to lodge a complaint review for the reasons you noted.

Heather - hope your visit with your DSIL is wonderful.

Onward and upward,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Rebecca))) — Sorry about your tweaked knee and your fall. I hope things heal quickly. :flowerforyou:

(((Pip))) -– Good wishes for Yogi. :star: I hope he is doing better. :heart:

Kylia -– I hope the doctor gives you good guidance so that you will be able to get your health in top form. :star:

We have a plague of houseflies. We are not leaving doors open. The windows that were expensive as the dickens have a way through a tiny space that has allowed them to crawl through and into the house. We’re planning on stuffing the space with brass wool. Theoretically, the brass wool will not allow the flies in, but will allow the air to vent. Wish us luck and success.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Katla ~ We had a plague of flies a couple of years ago. Hundreds got in somehow. I think there must have been a dead animal's body outside that attracted them.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Katla- same thing happened here.. got a raid fly stick and hung it near patio door the flies stick to it and then you can chuck it..
    Most of you know how 13 yr olds are so with taking Taliah up to the cottage i dont want hee sitting around like a lump on a log,I cant really do long distances but will get her out to do a few things while there,1 is taking her on a Whale watch,my mom and I took both the kids on a couple of them and they had a great time.. also going to look for a skateboard park and other things to do with teens.. I so remember being up there at that age and didnt want to do anything except hang out and listen to the radio..
    Will do some grocery shopping before we get there and as my mom used to say make some memories
    Looking at the long range forcast the weather isnt looking great.. but we will make the best of it..
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! ... I've been reading and commenting in my head! :)

I commiserate with those who have knee problems! I have been going to physical therapy for OA in my knees since the end of May, after having a platelet rich plasma injection on the right knee at the beginning of May. I can finally say that I see improvement. Still not doing stairs normally, but everything else is much, much better. The question though ... was it the injection or the PT that is making the difference? Hmm.

Lost a crowned tooth the other day. They're not able to replace it and now I'm looking at bone grafts and an implant. Not happy about this since it's not that old... maybe 3 years? Only upside is I'm not able to chew well and so I'm not overeating at the moment...

Pip ... hope Yogi is feeling better today.

Flea ... I've been thinking about you ...

Bananas ... hoping your skin cancer is easily treated with minimal scarring. It's all relative you know and you there's nothing wrong with being upset. It IS about you.

Carol ... my husband and I often eat dinner in front of the television ... it goes against everything I was brought up with but sometimes my back is just too tired to sit proper. I've started doing something else too ... using Grandma's "good" dishes. All my plates were dirty the other night and I didn't want to eat on paper, so I pulled out my grandmother's china! Seriously, it hasn't seen the light of day in years ... what good is that? I had to explain why women even had china to my 23 year old son. His generation will never use it, so there's no one to leave it to. I'm going to enjoy things now.

We are training our pup Cecil (chocolate lab) on invisible fence. We have had the system for over 27 years and used it with all of our dogs, but had a company come out to help us train this time. Much of the line is now under overgrown trees and we weren't quite sure how to place flags. The trainer is doing things a little different this time around, which I'm not sure I like, but Cecil seems to be getting the message. I felt so bad when he got a correction...

It's rainy and cold here today so I'm making chicken noodle soup. This has been a wet summer so far in my area. Wish we could share it with those experiencing drought.

Beth near Buffalo

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Karen - What a beauty your granddaughter is.

Heather - I love reading how much you love your home.

Michele- I was taking about Mahjong, but the same applies to Food Lion.
    I leave my Off Lanterns outside all year round. They have a candle in the bottom that is a bit bigger than a tea light but not as big as a votive. They are plastic but pretty looking. You could put a lid over the candle.

Lisa - Beautiful quilt. Kim’s suggestion about Lyme disease may be worth a look. Weren’t you doing a lot of brush clearing and outside work when this al started. I had a friend that had This and it was a terrible go for a long time with many different ailments. Once she was properly diagnosed it all resolved quite quickly.

Julie - Like Machka I had one of those pre cancerous surgeries, no matter how minor it is an emotional ordeal.

Rita - I’m glad your husband is making some changes.

Rebecca - I’m so happy you are able to visit Athena and your son. You must be so happy!
    We have those magnet locks at work to keep residents out of cupboards in the Rec area that houses way too many candies and treats that affects the diabetics.
    I was like you when my girls were young, I kept the toys hid. Truthfully, I do it now with the toys for the Grands too.

Barbara- is Consumer Reports the group that tests products?

Machka - I feel we’ll be in lockdown again by September or so. We were hoping my MIL would be able to come out at that time.

Viv - I waitressed a lot when I was younger and the restaurant’s I worked in had a “seniors” menu. It was just smaller portions of the main meals for a bit less money.

Allie - I hope you have a great time with Taliah.

I was behind reading for a couple of days. Rodger is home Thursday and Friday evenings so I spent time with him instead of my phone. It was worth it.

I thought it was this weekend my youngest daughter was coming to help organize the craft room, she thought it was next so I was left with no plans for this weekend.
    I texted my eldest to see if Michaela (5) wanted to come spend the day with me. She is going to dust the lower things I’m not able to bend to do, then we are going to do some shopping. I invited her brother too, but he is not interested in our plan.

Our temperature has dropped 18 degrees since yesterday and it feels very cool in here. It is currently 15, cloudy and smoky from wildfires in BC and parts of AB.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Well my sister and her grandson left and my anxiety level is normalizing. Too bad I gained four pounds eating with the family. Got my diet work cut out for me. And I am back to my sedentary life. Teddy made it through fine, and his sore looks better.

Dumbbells tonight, walking tomorrow.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well Alfie and I went and picked up Dan and brought him home,took a little tootle around town and back home.. spoke to someone at my mortgage company and will be making bi-weekly payments and pay it down faster ,i have to small a mortgage to refinance..
    Monday the money i took out of investments will be usable so will get what i need paid off..i think i have to sign some paperwork for the mortgage company.. and also sent out the paperwork to SS.. i was truthful one was work history and other is what can I functionally do..now I wait...
    Did the dishes and got trash together and made a cucumber,tomato and onion salad with italian dressing its cool and refreshing and not horrible for you,also have a personal watermelon to cut up. Fed Alfie and put his frontline on..Ticks totally gross me out..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did a part of the Leslie Sansons 5 Day Walk Fit DVD then took a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Weight Loss DVD.

Rebecca – I really do hope those meds work for you.

Barbara – if you increase your consumption of B3, wouldn’t that do the same thing?

Viv UK – I hate when a restaurant won’t serve you a child’s portion. Then again, many child foods are deep fried. That’s one reason I like buffets. Although, I really don’t get my money’s worth.

Changed the filters in the pool. You can hear thunder a ways away. Hope it doesn’t start to rain here until after I have dinner so I can go for my nightly walk.

Church in a few. Lector tonight.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3