WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Still here! Weekend busier than I thought it was going to be. Saturday was a morning birthday party, afternoon family reunion, evening other side of the family reunion. Sunday had a graduaton party. I had a hard time with my intent of "just popping in for a few minutes" to each event. Catching up after a year and a half of not seeing people; I lingered at all of them. But it was wonderful.
    Happy birthdays to Karen and Katla!
    I am enjoying all of the pics of the grands! Beautiful children and all getting so big! Karen, your grand daughter! Such intensity! <3
    Pip- Glad YOgi is okay! Love the new light fixture!
    Kiz- My heart breaks for your niece and grand niece! What a horrible experience to go through. I do know that the foster care systems in the US really try to place the children back with their families. Sometimes it is not the mom or dad, but a grandparent or other relative. AND, I know it sounds odd, but my heart also goes out to the dad. I am sure he regrets his actions (and most likely regretted it as soon as he did it). Shaking a baby is an adults temper/frustration getting the best of them. It is so hard in this "time" of social media portraying "perfect" parents/parenting, when there really needs to be a voice or campaign out there telling people that frustration is a HUGE part of the parent/caregiver life. IT IS OKAY TO PUT CRYING BABIES IN THEIR CRIB, CLOSE THE DOOR, AND WALK AWAY!! Let them cry and pull your self together. I am sending prayers/ good vibes to baby, and family as they navigate through this hard time! <3
    Flea and Julie- You both are in my thoughts daily as you deal with your health/cancer issues! Hugs to you both!
    Rita- Sending hugs and good juju your way!
    Barbie- Love hearing of your gardening success!
    Rebecca- Your trip sounds wonderful! My grandsons took to their grandpa immediately and would most times give me a glance or quick hug on their way to fawn over him. I am glad he has that with them. I think it helps him for that "bond". For me, the bond was formed at birth. lol Now, I know, because Tim would do anything for me or for those boys; if I say I want to go visit or send a package- no matter how tight money is, he will find a way to make it happen.

Well, kids are arriving in a few minutes. It is Farm Week. I have a couple of "farm/garden" invitations set up for the kids to play with. I also have the six year old with me this week. I am preparing myself for a week of non-stop chatter. lol

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Pip ~ I like your new modern light fixture. You are doing great in achieving tasteful buys for your home.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    Heather I am with you on the publishing vs privacy controversy. I am very private online: very few pictures of me or my real name. All that might change if I ever finish my book. It seems so odd to me because I would never choose a book based on an author's blog or email.

I got into the cookies last night. Ugghh. I'm not making progress. I've logged for 757 days and lost 5.5 pounds. Time to work a little harder. At least I currently have salad fixings.

Chores today. I have to pay bills, do laundry, and catch up on stuff.

Annie in Delaware
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🐶🪴🏡
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Karen and Katla

Very happy birthday wishes!!
    🎉🎊🎈🎂🎁
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: church, council meeting.
    Bonus: Walked around Azalea Park during concert, Freddie’s.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, make whey lemon pie filling, call R, follow up minutes question with Doreen, reconcile Medicare part B statements, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, transcribe district volunteer forms, research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, Monday confer with Susan and Rhonda about interest for serving on next board, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    18-Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter: can’t see the big picture for the punctuation ;{
    19-If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it: instead of ugly bulges, they’re reserves of energy to be USED!

Belated best birthday wishes to Karen!
    Pip I like your choice but how the heck are you going to get up there to switch them out?
    Heather “champagne and brulee cheesecake” sounds delightful! Great pic!
    Kiz, thanks! Wow you weren’t kidding when you said these weren’t cheap. Will wait til after September bloodwork and appointment to decide what to do, but this might help me persuade Dr. to let me go off the statins for a test period. https://www.testsymptomsathome.com/index_pol.asp#upgrade Oh Kiz, just read about your great grand nephew. Prayers for you, your niece and grand niece and ggn. No contact with social work before placing in foster care, that IS so messed up.
    Welcome @pegss0115! You posted just fine. My best tip is to get a food scale and weigh not measure your food. It’s a real eye-opener, as is logging every bite, lick or sip.
    Beth :love: Cecil, his coat is gorgeous!
    Rebecca “…we watched her get spun up on sugar!” :naughty:
    Katla best birthday wishes one day early! Hope you have extra fun ;) My BFF would have been 72 on the 17th. Miss her.

Julie I think crowns should have a lifetime guarantee, not just the price but the misery… ;) That is a lot of exercising and cleaning. Well done!
    Kylia I’m not usually a fan of low- or fat-free, most make up the flavor with sugar. BUT I do like Tillamook’s reduced fat sourcream and Fage’s fat free Greek Yoghurt, it almost tastes like cream cheese to me ;) IMHO a little bit of real butter is better than any amount of margarine. Avoid it like the plague.
    Kelly “there really needs to be a voice or campaign out there telling people that frustration is a HUGE part of the parent/caregiver life. IT IS OKAY TO PUT CRYING BABIES IN THEIR CRIB, CLOSE THE DOOR, AND WALK AWAY!! Let them cry and pull yourself together.” True and compassionate.
    Carol, chocolate and nuts are two of my many weaknesses.
    Barbie I’ve harvested 3 small baby zucchini’s from the plant in a pot on our porch. It is so satisfying to prepare food that grew here rather than boughten!

Dithering about possible August trip to Skye Terrier Specialty in Colorado. Would be $$pendy. Might be better to see how finances stretch to our new mortgage payment, refinanced to pay off in 10 years, and even perhaps put off changing vehicles… it’s hard to be a grownup :laugh:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 18, weigh/wii: 17/0/0; steps>6701=6894, vits=15.75, log=18, CI<CO=16, CI<250<CO=16, Tumble=12, Shadow=15, mfp=17, outside=22, up hill=18, clean 10=7.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=2 PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8 7/25: 7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=10 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Barbara there are different ones. I got the one that doesn't do the all in one test. So it was cheaper. But yeah. I used medical reimb. from my employer to at least get it tax free money.

I find it is cheaper than prescriptions and a healthy motivator.

KJ what is a farm day? Sounds fun. I am really hoping to get some August plants in.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie – I hope your bed/head spins are easing. Glad you’ve made an appointment with the neuro-ophthalmologist. :flowerforyou:

KJ – Thanks for the birthday wishes. Tomorrow is the big day. :smiley:

Pip – So happy to know that Yogi is doing okay. :heart:

Heather – Good job writing! I hope you are happy with your first edit and the next stage goes well. :star:

Peach – Can you complain to the Instacart? It seems like you should be able to get the brand and size that your brother-in-law prefers. :grumble:

Cheri – Thank you for the birthday wishes! :flowerforyou:

Barbara – Thank you for the birthday wishes. :bigsmile: I’m sorry for the loss of your BFF.

We have another “bright, bright sunshiney day.” I have yoga this morning and I need the exercise and connection with friends. I am looking forward to yoga and the day.

I have been working hard at knitting the baby blanket for our unborn grandson and I have a sore right thumb. I think I’ll give it a little rest. I have plenty of time to finish the baby blanket. The baby is not due for months.

Katla in sunshiney NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    B)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,751 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    I am in so much trouble with my doctor next week.....
    Blood work not good cholesterol wise......ldl went up 30 points and triglycerides up 40 points!! I guess I really need to focus on me! I don't eat that badly I didn't think but eating hasn't been a focus, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I need to get a handle on this. I suck at taking medicine! I don't like taking it as I feel one thing leads to another....270 is a little high though. My HDL is still at 90 so that is a plus. I will see what doctor says, but hopefully we can figure this out without statins or other meds. So I know junk food and STRESS don't help....Reckon I need to figure this out......

Thanks for listening. Tips or suggestions welcome. Reading to be done.

This too will be taken care of one way or another. I am important to many people, so really need to figure this out for my health.

<3
    Kylia

Cholesterol is a funny thing. I eat right but mine is really high. Sometimes it is hereditary as in my case.

RvRita
  • kevrit
    Pg 47 done trying to catch up!
    RvRita
  • kevrit
    MACHKA yay for work at home, sorry for the 2nd wave!

RITA you sound wise and calm!

TINA who is the pop singer? Do you have a teen or pre-teen handy?

Thank you Bananas! I’m doing walking meditation, reading self help books ( just finished No Mud No Lotus and starting the Silva Mind Control Method. I also read How to Talk to Crazy. These are helping my depression, stress, and anxiety. I have also downloaded an app called Balance, that is offering a one year free subscription. The meditations are only 3 minutes long so easily doable! (I’m on day 5 of 10 beginner). I have been to therapists in the past and don’t really want to start again so trying the self help version first. Working so far, been a month so going in the right direction!

RvRita up to pg 50
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Flea- totally natural..