Less Alcohol ~ JULY 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @Womona, did I say what a lovey sea going maiden you are pictured beside your sailboat? Enjoy!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Love the lily pics! Thanks for sharing, @dawnbgethealthy.

@Womona Does Ancestrale have a swing keel? It's so trailer-able for being such a comfortable size! Fantastic pic of the two of you.

I'm really appreciating the thoughts on retirement. I am calling it "peri-retirement," like perimenopause. I can't count how many lake friends on the 4th of July were trying to give vision to what life after retirement would look like. They're not quite there, but they are feeling changes and know it is coming and are not sure exactly what's happening next. Not entirely unlike perimenopause, no? Anyhoo, I'm sorry you and DH are on different pages, @Lilylady3k. My husband wants to move, too, and it really stresses me out as well. We have so much crap in this house. Crazy thing is, the stuff I really don't know what to do with is stuff that was never mine in the first place. It's stuff my parents "entrusted" to me for "safe keeping." It ranges from furnishings they didn't want to more sets of china than I can count to old family portraits of people I'm ashamed to say I cannot identify. Oh, and guns in the gun safe that I'm not even sure are safe to fire. I feel like my own stuff has a pretty compact footprint, but I'm going to need a Marie Kondo intervention to handle the other stuff. It does not spark joy, I can tell you that. But I love where we live for a bunch of reasons (NOT storing other people's stuff :D ) so I try to enjoy it every day. If we find someplace more beautiful and uplifting, I would be happy to move. I thought we'd never get my mother out of her house, but she found another place she loves and never looked back.

I went overboard with more wine than planned Sunday night. It was the equivalent of emotional eating-- happy, sad, excited, worried.... just a tangle of feelings and loose ends. Worse, I was drinking alone because DH is AF (or mostly so) post-vacation. We were AF Friday, we each had a drink with lunch Saturday, I had one glass of wine after dinner Saturday night and I thought all was on an even keel. I guess it was until it wasn't. Just trying to get my bearings, here. (I'll ease off the nautical expressions. :p )

Yes it does, which is nice because I can put her on a trailer, and get into some really shallow water. With the keel up it’s only a 12” draft.

Oh I hear you loud and clear on having to store and save the family “treasures”. Are your parents still alive? Will they ever want this stuff back? Usually people will hand over their “treasures” to a family member because they don’t want that crap either but don’t have the gumption to get rid of it for good. I say lose it, either by donating or getting a junk hauler to cart off the furniture. The first axiom of selling or donating is: “nobody wants your old crap”. The antiques market is dead, I can’t tell you how many full sets of fine China I see in the thrift store selling for pennies on the dollar. Pix of people you don’t know? Unless you’re into genealogy, toss them.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @MissMay
    What a great idea for use of the flight board!
    And what kind of flowers are those?
    Gorgeous!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF for the month. This is sustainable long term for me.

Sunday July 18 - AF - Planned cocktails with 3 different sets of people tomorrow. I will keep the first 2 to 1/2 ounce each because they are both in Kimberley where I have a small job first. The last stop is walking distance in Cranbrook, but I won't go hog wild.
    Monday July 19 - Drinks - I didn't have any with my first two sets of friends, they had like one, and didn't bat an eye when I said that I would have water. My third stop (back in town) are heavier drinkers, I had a few, but made them myself so made them weak
    Tuesday July 20 - AF - Thursday will be my day off, that usually signals drinks for me the night before, but I am kind of behind this month on AF days, so will try to resist.

Rolling total - 10 AF days out of 20 days