What's on your mind?

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    My sister visited a psychic with hopes she'd hear proof that her deceased dh is still there somewhere. So the guy starts phishing for stuff, like 'I sense Oreos, he must've really liked Oreos'. Ahh nope. He loved doing puzzles, right? Uh, another nope. I see blocks? Well, you're close because he was darn handy with tools.

Come to find out, those were 3 things that he'd opened up with in doing my ds's friend's reading, as well. :/

Thanks buddy for ripping off mourning grieving people whose only downfall is hoping for some kind of connection with someone they painfully miss.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    People on manicured hiking trails all geared up. Dude, I’ve seen five-year-olds do this in crocs.

This reminds me,
    My ex had a friend that raced and always parked next to us at the Motocross track.
    He always had a new cycle, new helmet with all matching gear.
    He was decked out!
    He also rode the “beginner” class.
    The ex and I used to chuckle about it.

Nowadays, I think, “good for him!”
    He got out there, had his fun even if he looked like a newbie every time he showed up.
    At least he showed up. ☺️
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    New Affirmation: I'm aces at problem-solving 😃
    Subsequent Realization: I'm the creator of most of my problems 🤔
    The glass is half full
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    New Affirmation: I'm aces at problem-solving 😃
    Subsequent Realization: I'm the creator of most of my problems 🤔
    The glass is half full

👁👄👁

(...sees new problem so jumps up to pour more water into the glass...)

Oh wait, that's not what you meant, was it? 😭

lol thank you @mistwitch!!
  • honey_honey_12
    Well, I attempted to conquer my fear of walking outside my apt complex yesterday afternoon. There's a sidewalk, but it runs adjacent to the highway & I had an incident about 3-wks ago where 2 guys raced at me to attempt to drag me into their car. I'd just begun my walk, so quickly ran back into my complex & home. Since then, I've stopped walking.

A once around jaunt is 1-mi from my doorway to the end of the walkway & back again. So around 4pm, I reached 1/4-mi, feeling great & like I'd "taken back my power" when the sun shifted, for lack of a better phrase, & my shadow, which had been behind me, was now coming up quickly on my side. I saw it out of my peripheral vision & it really caught me off-guard & startled me.

I was suddenly jolted back into panic mode, thinking someone was trying to grab me & yelped out loud. My heart was pounding & that surge of adrenaline the rest of the walk didn't feel great. No one else was out my entire walk & it was so hot, when I reached the end of the sidewalk, I realized I'd forgotten water, which would have been nice to have in 100-degree heat. I also realized I was moving slower... heat + humidity + no walking for 3-wks & that, should something have happened at that point, I'd be hard pressed to run 1/2-mi back to safety. With that in mind, my return walk wasn't pleasant... the occasional car driving by unnerved me, I kept looking behind me, every bird or squirrel that rattled a tree branch made me gasp. Oh, jeez...

I'd like to go for a walk now, but... my heart's racing just thinking about it, so I'll skip it & just do yoga at home. I can walk around inside the complex, but it's all parking lot, no sidewalks, with lots of blind turns & awkward angles... with all the elders & poor foreign drivers (there are a lot of both), I almost get taken out by a vehicle or 2 or 3 backing up every time I go to collect my mail about 100-yds away.

Here I thought I was a big, tough, IR girl from inner-city Boston & could handle it... I realized I'm just a skinny, little girl in FL. Guess I'm gonna skip walking for a few days.

You’re in Tampa yes?
    My ex just made a trip there to visit his ailing dad and he mentioned that over the last 10yrs or so that he’s been going there it seems much different now, not for the better.
    Sad.

Sometimes here when it’s scorching and I can’t take the dreadmill anymore I walk at a small indoor mall.
    The doors to the mall open before most of the shops are open in the mornings and the only people there are walkers.
    4 loops is 2mi.
    Maybe you can find something similar?
    Be careful! 💓
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Well, I attempted to conquer my fear of walking outside my apt complex yesterday afternoon. There's a sidewalk, but it runs adjacent to the highway & I had an incident about 3-wks ago where 2 guys raced at me to attempt to drag me into their car. I'd just begun my walk, so quickly ran back into my complex & home. Since then, I've stopped walking.

A once around jaunt is 1-mi from my doorway to the end of the walkway & back again. So around 4pm, I reached 1/4-mi, feeling great & like I'd "taken back my power" when the sun shifted, for lack of a better phrase, & my shadow, which had been behind me, was now coming up quickly on my side. I saw it out of my peripheral vision & it really caught me off-guard & startled me.

I was suddenly jolted back into panic mode, thinking someone was trying to grab me & yelped out loud. My heart was pounding & that surge of adrenaline the rest of the walk didn't feel great. No one else was out my entire walk & it was so hot, when I reached the end of the sidewalk, I realized I'd forgotten water, which would have been nice to have in 100-degree heat. I also realized I was moving slower... heat + humidity + no walking for 3-wks & that, should something have happened at that point, I'd be hard pressed to run 1/2-mi back to safety. With that in mind, my return walk wasn't pleasant... the occasional car driving by unnerved me, I kept looking behind me, every bird or squirrel that rattled a tree branch made me gasp. Oh, jeez...

I'd like to go for a walk now, but... my heart's racing just thinking about it, so I'll skip it & just do yoga at home. I can walk around inside the complex, but it's all parking lot, no sidewalks, with lots of blind turns & awkward angles... with all the elders & poor foreign drivers (there are a lot of both), I almost get taken out by a vehicle or 2 or 3 backing up every time I go to collect my mail about 100-yds away.

Here I thought I was a big, tough, IR girl from inner-city Boston & could handle it... I realized I'm just a skinny, little girl in FL. Guess I'm gonna skip walking for a few days.

You’re in Tampa yes?
    My ex just made a trip there to visit his ailing dad and he mentioned that over the last 10yrs or so that he’s been going there it seems much different now, not for the better.
    Sad.

Sometimes here when it’s scorching and I can’t take the dreadmill anymore I walk at a small indoor mall.
    The doors to the mall open before most of the shops are open in the mornings and the only people there are walkers.
    4 loops is 2mi.
    Maybe you can find something similar?
    Be careful! 💓

TY, HH. Yes, I'm in Palm Harbor, 1-mi N of Tampa. Sorry to hear about your ex's dad.

And, yes, FL crime has always been high, but like so many cities, it's getting worse... I've also lived in Boca Raton & near Panama City & both are crime ridden. Once I leave in Nov, I won't return to FL to live.

And, that's a great idea. Since Covid, I hadn't thought about malls. Wasn't even sure if they were open. I've got one within 1-3 mi, so I'll check it out in a day or 2. TY!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    People on manicured hiking trails all geared up. Dude, I’ve seen five-year-olds do this in crocs.

There's an old guy at our gym. He's there just lifting some weights (respect).

Anyway, he's inside, wearing full hiking gear.... hat, socks, boots, fanny pack, cargo shorts.

Dude, this is a neighborhood gym, not the Ho-Chi-Min Trail.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Anyway, he's inside, wearing full hiking gear.... hat, socks, boots, fanny pack, cargo shorts.

I usually lift in blue jeans and a comfortable pair of espadrilles

I’m literally lol’ing right now. 😂
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I’m literally lol’ing right now. 😂

things in the gym that aren’t illegal but make you look insane
  • BraydanTaffy

Lol.

Possibly old guy thinks he is on the HCM Trail?

Either way, can ya find out what's in that fanny pack? I'm dying to know.
  • Motorsheen

Me too.
  • Motorsheen
    dlben007 wrote: »
    I bet I drop a few pounds next week. I have a colonoscopy coming up and I am fixated on that going well.

I try to have a colonoscopy once or twice a week.

Everyone needs a hobby.
  • BraydanTaffy
    dlben007 wrote: »
    I bet I drop a few pounds next week. I have a colonoscopy coming up and I am fixated on that going well.

You'll be fine. Good luck, mate!
  • honey_honey_12
    Words
    I’ve learned, it took me decades of being careful how I said things and walking on eggshells but it finally sank in, use as few words as possible to get your point across.
    Extra words tend to turn into ammo for a future war of wills.

I learned this after I divorced,
    wish I’d learned it sooner.

You sound very wise.

It was age 37 that I finally decided I'd no longer hold my tongue. That has not gone well. What that meant is multiple job firings. I no longer cared to accept abuse (worked only in male dominated fields during my lifetime). In personal relationships (friends & bf's), I also decided not to wait years for someone to treat me with respect... he/they had none... buh bye.

It's been a bleedin' lonely path since then. I'm envious of those with long term relationships with mutual love & respect. I almost can't stand hearing their stories of love & support. Why couldn't I have had that?

I sometimes think... what did I do in a past life that I couldn't attract that in this life time? I don't know the answer, but I am astoundingly annoyed by it. I truly hope I attract a good man in the next few years. I can't imagine another couple of decades alone.

I feel sure you will. 💓