Tattoos on men?

Replies

• BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Tattoos are just permanent make up for men.
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    Good luck finding employment. You're pretty much limited to Sous Chef, Entertainer/Athlete, or ferris wheel operator for a traveling carnival (but even that I heard they're rebranding their image).

I hope this is the ultimate in sarcasm.

My mom said if you tattoo your body you're inviting the devil to your playground

I heard something similar about piercings from my mom
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Good luck finding employment. You're pretty much limited to Sous Chef, Entertainer/Athlete, or ferris wheel operator for a traveling carnival (but even that I heard they're rebranding their image).

My mom said if you tattoo your body you're inviting the devil to your playground

My grandma said the same thing about pizza, base drums in music and skirts above the ankle.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member

My grandma said the same thing about pizza, base drums in music and skirts above the ankle.

Pizza!?! :'( this explains so much
  • mistwitch

I feel like I just read a chick tract
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch wrote: »

eta: referring to weird religious pamphlets that were a big part of my childhood
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

eta: referring to weird religious pamphlets that were a big part of my childhood

Covid was good for something.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member

Yep, I think I still have a few of the "Revelations: Why you are going to h3ll" from the backwoods southern baptist church.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Love tattoos on anyone 😍😍😍😍
  • Getbentornot
    Getbentornot Posts: 27 Member
    2Racks wrote: »
    Don’t see why not, I have three about to get fourth, Forearm left, right shoulder, right upper back and left calf coming up!

Hell yeah...keep on adding
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    edited July 2021

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

e1fb9d46gka7.jpeg
  • mwgibler
    mwgibler Posts: 154 Member
    xde5x6d3nodc.jpeg
    idxoez8b00t4.jpeg

My newest ones. Doing 6 hours in the chair this Saturday
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member

That is no where close to being true. I know some places may ask ypu to wear sleeves to cover them but now a days it's not looked down as it was decades ago.

I know police, firemen, doctors, nurses, lawyers, trades people, etc...all considered top 10% of wage earners in the USA that may have full sleeves, neck tats, etc with no problem finding a job.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited July 2021
    Chieflrg wrote: »

That is no where close to being true. I know some places may ask ypu to wear sleeves to cover them but now a days it's not looked down as it was decades ago.

I know police, firemen, doctors, nurses, lawyers, trades people, etc...all considered top 10% of wage earners in the USA that may have full sleeves, neck tats, etc with no problem finding a job.

I ain’t seen a C level with neck tats. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edit: and ‘round all the places I’ve lived the only reason any tats being seen was acceptable was because they were forced to relax the policies. If they had the $ to recruit from outside the area none of them boys would have been hired.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited July 2021
    ^ bowling ball grouchy face all you want. I’m just talking about ‘round my parts and the various levels of guberment, small businesses, and fortune 500s I’ve worked for or been farmed out to work for. 🤷🏼‍♂️

YMMV.

• NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Now, I'm just imagining my Dr. with a tattoo, hahaha
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    NVintage wrote: »
    Now, I'm just imagining my Dr. with a tattoo, hahaha

I had a doctor with a hoop nose piercing and I was surprised.
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member

Or a medical professional, welder, electrician, accountant or literally almost any other career on the planet 🤷‍♀️
  • Doug_T
    Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I find it odd that this is a question. Is OP from a very conservative country? Or a small religious enclave in a remote mountain village? Is he a lot older than he looks? Or am I the odd one? Many of the men I know have tattoos. Many of them have many tattoos. Many of them are financially successful and many of them are attractive.

@Doug_T what triggered this question homie ??

oh..mell I am thinking on getting one but ive always been very cautious about it. The permanence of a tattoo jist makes me nervous, so im looking for great ideas more than anything. I think I want one to cover up a scar on my upper arm but wanted to do a check on both opinions and see if someone drops an idea that makes me go .."whoa...I want that."