WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    kizanne2 wrote: Β»
    Wow work is just so busy right now.
    Allie - I hope the doctors can figure out what's going on.

Rebecca Love the post. I also eat grapefruit LOL and I'm a hermit

Pip ouch. I can't believe you just kept going. I"m a wuss and would just wait a few days.

Tracy - I"m so jealous your daughter did that. I'd love a little help cleaning and organizing from my 22 year old
    who lives here. She's on break from college for 1 month I'll be lucky to get some dishes out of her.

Michele - I love bowling

Carol around here if your AC is the old freon they won't charge it they will only 'upgrade' it to a newer more environmentally friendly system for so many dollars you just need an new car type price. Hope they charge the system.

Sue it is so nice of you to rearrange everything to help your mom. Our MIL lives with us and it was a big adjustment.

Welcome Zagadee and PDD sign your posts so we know what to call you :)

RVRita your pictures are great. I had to get some of my own in here.

As soo as my husband puts clean laundry on the bed this happens.

uwu0ee0a3fw3.jpg

With the new eating style I am trying new foods. I have never had true lox. It is traditionally done on cream cheese and a bagel. I had it with russian probiotic soft cheese on a millet and flax chip. I added blue berries and a side of fermented/pickled jicama/onions/carrots/jalepeno. It was a great start to the day. I had a bowl of beef vegetable soup shortly after.
    z31sj1n50912.jpg

While today is going good. I had some stress at the job and some company so I've been over on my carbs for a few days. The calories have been ok. I'm back on track even though it looks like this whole year is going to be stressful at work. I'm trying to be better at letting go. If not then I'll let go of the job. In recent years it has become very apparent that my job is effecting my health. I am trying to find a better work / life balance but if not...

Kiz
    North FLorida

Its crazy how I haven't met anyone here on Whidbey island WA since 2018, when we moved here. I have my husband and my eldest son, and I'm content with that. That's very hermit like huh?.
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Kiz, lol love your fat tabby cat. Just precious!
    Rebecca
    Cat less on an island
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD, Oooooh snorting water is like 20 points on the comedic scale!!!! My day is complete!!!!😁😁😁😁😁
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Okie in the TX Hill Country regarding walking and bras..... When I walked in California, I never wore a bra, and the bras in my drawers were size 42C! I tried to walk without getting my "ladies" into any rhythmic swaying! Hard to do!!! Needless to say, one of my gal pals at the grade school nicknamed them "flip & flop" so Anywhooo, I do wear bras now. It was a phase I guess.
    vb04fk9mqbls.jpg
    Evidence!
    Rebecca
    Harnessed on an island
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Yes my tank top says "Nudestock" 2009!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: Β»
    Machka oh noooo! Say it ain’t so about the Pfizer effect!!!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Yeah ... I've had to borrow a twin stroller so I can go running and I'm thinking of wearing a weighted backpack to help with my balance.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn a bra for most of my life, but I have been blessed with perky ones that still look pretty good for 71! My mum was the same, so I guess it's genetic. I can't stand bras, I feel I'm being crushed. I run in a tight exercise vest. No flopping. :D
    It all depends on the size and consistency. The one that had the lumpectomy is slightly perkier, so I'm a bit lopsided. :p

Cricket away for DH and Gwendolen lunch here for me today. The forecast was showers, which would affect the cricket, but it's dry at the moment. Woke up with a streaming nose and a coughing fit, so I've decamped to the guest room. Fine now.

Thank you to the befrienders on Instagram. <3 I'm still getting the hang of it. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Rebecca,
    I love your version of "The Blues". So artistic! Uplifting. It's interesting to me that you collect images. It's definitely an art form. So are your envelopes.

Sue,
    I want your blueberries...I'd have to be beamed up from Virginia, though. Just the thought of blueberry bushes so laden that the branches bend to the ground...oh me...

Kim,
    Sending you a PM.

Penny,
    Funny story about the Apple Maps. My recycle bins at the curb are on Google Maps. Not quite the same claim to fame, but that's the best I can do. :D

Pip,
    Sending healing thoughts to your pinky toe.

Kiz,
    I love your yellow tabby cat. I had the sweetest yellow tabby named Felix. He lived to be 19.

Barbie,
    Oh, how I would love to have 55 degree weather early in the morning for walking! Generally, the lows are above 55 from May 1 on here in Virginia. Plus, it's humid. And the mosquitoes are out all the time. Michele is further South, so her average temps are even warmer.

Karen in Virginia

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: Β»
    Ha ha! I went out jogging this afternoon and just as I set off, I met a car with German licence plates and a big white globe on top with an array of a dozen or so cameras. On the side of the car it said "Apple maps image collection vehicle." We live at the turnaround, so the car turned around and followed me for a good minute until I had cleared the one-lane bridge just west of us. Then it passed me, all its eyes looking me over once more. Jeez, I hope they anonymize their images!

/Penny, soon to be unintentionally seen around the world as the anonymous jogger not far from the
    t07190.gif

Just had a look for our house and fortunately looks quite tidy, grass cut and no weeds between the paving. DH must have done it before they filmed.LOL

Kate UK ❀️
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday!
    My "elephant" is dusting the house. I would rather scrub toilets or do windows than dust! I have put out the cloth and just spent a few minutes dusting somewhere. Our extra room is done and started on bedroom. I started last week sometime πŸ˜‰
    Eating is going well in spite of DH. He is such a plain eater, but seems to be appreciating home cooked meals. Took food with us to Kentucky so less crap eating. I think we are eating out tonight....maybe....will choose wisely on limited menu. I had the munchies last night. Not enough calories I saw when I logged. Ended up munching on cherries while cleaning the kitchen. Win!
    Concrete saga continues. Our old front porch sank at the door, so collected water. They poured new one without a step out at front door. We put furniture back on it yesterday morning and washed it. Well.....the water is collecting at the door. I am beside myself with anger. When I realized our outside faucet is also broken (it is old), I told Steve we needed a plumber. He said S has one. S being our friend and the contractor. My comment.....we need a plumber! I am so over this. Concrete is expensive and the work quality has been less than expected.

I have caught up reading again.
    No notes as am on phone.

Congratulations!
    Welcome!
    Hugs!

❀
    Kylia in Ohio heading back to work. Is it really only Tursday?

PS- I go braless as much as possible but am a member of the itty bitty t***y club πŸ€ͺ
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: Β»
    Good Tuesday!
    My "elephant" is dusting the house. I would rather scrub toilets or do windows than dust! I have put out the cloth and just spent a few minutes dusting somewhere. Our extra room is done and started on bedroom. I started last week sometime πŸ˜‰

❀
    Kylia in Ohio heading back to work. Is it really only Tursday?

I usually dust while vacuuming, with the little dust attachment thing.

Occasionally, I'll get the cloth out and do a surface if I'm moving things around. For example last weekend I shifted my "technology" on what used to be the dining room table. I have a rule ... if I move something, I dust underneath and around it. Same with vacuuming. If I move a piece of furniture, I vacuum underneath it.

I've also put most things behind doors. We've got glass door display stands and that's where most of the ornaments, china, etc. goes. I dust in there, with a cloth, maybe once a year.

Machka in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    :D MACHKA- LOL!! I am dying over your twin stroller comment! Bahahaha! God forbid, I get a vaccine that makes the girls bigger. When I was in shape, I was a C cup; I have graduated to E. Bras are a necessity.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Aaaa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    πŸŒžπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘‹
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    KJ- how do you think I feel im a G lol
    Even when I was a teen I was a D or DD.. ugh..
    If I went without a bra id give myself black eyes..
    I said that in front of my old boss and he didnt understand until I pointed to what I was talking about ,he turned 15 shades of red .. it was hysterical