What irks you today?

Replies

• JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    anti-vaxxers. all day erryday.

Not gonna hit disagree on your post. But I do disagree with your post. Everyone has a right to decide for themselves what they do with and to their own bodies. I took the vaccine, because I believe in it, and in modern medicine. I also believe that we have a right to each decide for ourselves what we want to do, and not to be judged for our decision. If the vaccine works, and you took it, you are safe. If it does not work and you are at risk, it does not matter what your neighbor does.

My opinion...does not mean I am right, but what I believe.

For all y'all who are fixin to disagree with my post, I love y'all anyway.

Look at you being all relaxed and what not - cool as a cucumber you are 😎

I takes some effort, but I guess I need to become an adult before I hit 40.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Argh. Sorting through the billions of kinds of dog food available is hard enough but why does a site lead people on providing the "13 best grain-free dog foods" out there, and the 1st 3 they list have brown rice. Correct me if I'm all of a sudden stupider than usual but isn't brown rice still considered a grain???

Why does feeding your dogs have to be so daMn complicated. I feel like I need a chemistry degree. :( The vet's not much help. The farm store isn't any help. And now the internet, who never ever leads anyone astray(saying heavy on the sarcasm), isn't much help. :/
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    forgot and left my hydroflask at home
  • ReenieHJ
    I'm sorry I can't be as calm and flippant as others about the whole anti-vax thing. I have a number of family members working in healthcare, as well as family and others I love who are under 12, and/or immunocompromised and CAN'T get the vax yet so are reliant on all of us to suck it up, get the vax, mask up, etc.

So it irks me. Yes, it irks me a whole helluva lot.

Have you joined in the debate on masked vs. unmasked? I can't remember if I've seen you there.
  • ReenieHJ
    edited August 2021
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Jess, I love this. My new mantra. If I can remember it for more than 30 seconds.

You got a hug from me Jess. :)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Argh. Sorting through the billions of kinds of dog food available is hard enough but why does a site lead people on providing the "13 best grain-free dog foods" out there, and the 1st 3 they list have brown rice. Correct me if I'm all of a sudden stupider than usual but isn't brown rice still considered a grain???

Why does feeding your dogs have to be so daMn complicated. I feel like I need a chemistry degree. :( The vet's not much help. The farm store isn't any help. And now the internet, who never ever leads anyone astray(saying heavy on the sarcasm), isn't much help. :/

"Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor" https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com

Check this site..
  • ReenieHJ
    @lx1x Thank you for the link. On that site I read this article and find it just as confusing because some of what it says goes against my vet and also the place I buy dog food. What I need is a veterinarian nutritionist. :/
    https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-news/fda-investigating-potential-link-between-diet-and-heart-disease-in-dogs/
    Problem is one of my dogs is very allergic to environmental allergens plus apparently is allergic to corn, rice and cow's milk(according to test results). On her allowable list is TOTW grain-free which I've been giving both my dogs for years. Trouble is it's 3rd on the list of dog foods that is possibly related to heart issues. Now my vet is on me to change to some grain food, which all seem to have rice or corn gluten. My vet also said the food allergy tests are not that reliable. Huh.

Anyways, I will read more on that site and see if I can come up with something that makes sense and doesn't cause her to scratch 24/7.

Thanks again. :)
    Just my irk of the day.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    PAWGliacci wrote: »
    forgot and left my hydroflask at home

abdamqjanc2b.gif