What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @lx1x Thank you for the link. On that site I read this article and find it just as confusing because some of what it says goes against my vet and also the place I buy dog food. What I need is a veterinarian nutritionist. :/
    https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-news/fda-investigating-potential-link-between-diet-and-heart-disease-in-dogs/
    Problem is one of my dogs is very allergic to environmental allergens plus apparently is allergic to corn, rice and cow's milk(according to test results). On her allowable list is TOTW grain-free which I've been giving both my dogs for years. Trouble is it's 3rd on the list of dog foods that is possibly related to heart issues. Now my vet is on me to change to some grain food, which all seem to have rice or corn gluten. My vet also said the food allergy tests are not that reliable. Huh.

Anyways, I will read more on that site and see if I can come up with something that makes sense and doesn't cause her to scratch 24/7.

Thanks again. :)
    Just my irk of the day.

Yeah .. my vet mentioned the same.. and they have been eating grain free for years... No heart issues reported from yearly exams . 🤷‍♂️
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,029 Member
    Options
    Lint. Being a wearer of black clothing it can really be crucial to them.
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

have you tried not wearing black
  • MelG7777
    Options
    PAWGliacci wrote: »

Seldomly. What else do you got?
  • MelG7777
    Options

if you buy one of those little travel size sticky paper lint remover rollers you can take a hacksaw and saw the handle off to a nub and it fits in your pocket a lot better if you really want one on hand at all times oh nevermind youre a girl you have tiny pockets this whole plan will never work im such a failure im sorry

No, this is good. I could get a Fanny pack. Or carry it around in a shopping bag.
  • PAWGliacci
    Options

if you buy one of those little travel size sticky paper lint remover rollers you can take a hacksaw and saw the handle off to a nub and it fits in your pocket a lot better if you really want one on hand at all times oh nevermind youre a girl you have tiny pockets this whole plan will never work im such a failure im sorry

No, this is good. I could get a Fanny pack. Or carry it around in a shopping bag.

fanny packs are coming back in style so i vote yes
  • MelG7777
    Options

You’re 100% right. There’s this HUUUUGE “pack or no pack” debate I’ve been trying to avoid. I’ve never considered one. But I may have to now.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Dead phone
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,559 Member
    Options
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    anti-vaxxers. all day erryday.

Not gonna hit disagree on your post. But I do disagree with your post. Everyone has a right to decide for themselves what they do with and to their own bodies. I took the vaccine, because I believe in it, and in modern medicine. I also believe that we have a right to each decide for ourselves what we want to do, and not to be judged for our decision. If the vaccine works, and you took it, you are safe. If it does not work and you are at risk, it does not matter what your neighbor does.

My opinion...does not mean I am right, but what I believe.

For all y'all who are fixin to disagree with my post, I love y'all anyway.

Hi there. I'm very glad to hear you got the COVID vax, but am sorry to hear your thoughts on the proven efficacy of the vaccine. It's not a matter of "if the vaccine works". It works. The science proves that. You simply cannot argue against facts. In the case of infectious diseases like COVID, it very much does matter what your neighbor does - as we have learned the extremely hard way over the course of the past year and a half. I can't fathom how one cannot see that by now.

No arguing with you regarding the efficacy. Fact of the matter is, if it works, you are protected. If people who choose not to get the vaccine and get sick, that is on them and not on you. If they pass it on to someone else, shame on that person receiving for not getting the vaccine, but again, nothing to do with you.

Everyone needs to do what is right for themselves, and quit worrying about what other people do. I get the flu shot....my neighbor does not. If he gets the flu, that's on him. Same with any other vaccine. Same with covid.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes IMHO. You and I got the vaccine. Good for us. (If it works, we are safe). If our neighbor chooses to refuse the shot because of their own beliefs, and they get Covid, that should not affect us at all.

I realize that there is plenty of published data showing the vaccine works. That being said, I personally know of a dozen or more people right now, not heresay, but people that I know, that have had the vaccine and currently have Covid. (or at least have tested positive for it with some symptoms that could be anything.) I also know a guy who had 5 independent Covid tests on the same day, 3 being positive and 2 being negative, so I really do not know what the truth is or what to believe.

My point over the whole thing is we should all do what is right for us and quit telling people that we know better than them what is right for them.

For those of y'all that are fixin' to disagree this post, I love y'all anyway! <3

what seems to be flying over yours and others heads is that with a public health crisis, it actually does in fact matter what others are doing, not just yourself. that is readily apparent right now. yes there are breakthrough cases from those who have received the vaccine, but as you admitted those cases tend to be mild or asymptomatic, PLUS a small fraction of total cases. the VAST majority are unvaccinated, and our hospitals are reaching capacity again due to the UNvaccinated.

I'm so frustrated with the lack of care outside of one's own self.

Nothing personal, but we must agree to disagree. I am speaking on behalf of myself, an American citizen. I know this post will probably be taken down and I risk a warning by saying this, but it is relevant. In this country we have freedom. Women have the freedom to terminate the life of their unborn child. There are more innocent children's lives terminated in the US in a year than there were "Covid Deaths" in 2020. (And everyone knows that the total number of reported Covid deaths is elevated.) If this country says we have the freedom to do one, we MUST have freedom to do the other. You can't tell me it is ok to have an abortion, but that I must take a shot to protect others from a virus that has a 99% survival rate. If we are going to take a stand to protect life, we MUST protect all life. It will be said that this argument is apples to oranges, but it is not. If Covid is a "public health crisis" because of the number of lives lost, then so is the other. If we have freedom to do one, we must have freedom to do the other. My body, my choice has to apply to all areas, not just those that fit the narrative of one group or other. Freedom covers us all, equally.

Or at least it is supposed to.

Again, nothing personal and no emotion here...just my opinion.

For those of y'all that are fixin' to disagree this post, I love y'all anyway. <3

I knew I loved you! ❤️
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Dead phone

This is really tragic actually, are you ok? Sending charging energy your way via my impressive mind powers. ✨
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options
    Dead phone

This is really tragic actually, are you ok? Sending charging energy your way via my impressive mind powers. ✨

You could've just touched your phones together but nah you had add all the special effects 😂
  • PAWGliacci
    Options
    6zaa3v0265y7.png

I live on the third floor and they really delivered my package like this....

sounds like a free "my package was not delivered, please resend" to me
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    6zaa3v0265y7.png

2h1owf1tdok7.gif
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    6zaa3v0265y7.png

Let me guess,. FedEx?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    6zaa3v0265y7.png

2h1owf1tdok7.gif

I just got my 500th inspiring - thanks bro - thanks 🙏
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    anti-vaxxers. all day erryday.

Not gonna hit disagree on your post. But I do disagree with your post. Everyone has a right to decide for themselves what they do with and to their own bodies. I took the vaccine, because I believe in it, and in modern medicine. I also believe that we have a right to each decide for ourselves what we want to do, and not to be judged for our decision. If the vaccine works, and you took it, you are safe. If it does not work and you are at risk, it does not matter what your neighbor does.

My opinion...does not mean I am right, but what I believe.

For all y'all who are fixin to disagree with my post, I love y'all anyway.

Hi there. I'm very glad to hear you got the COVID vax, but am sorry to hear your thoughts on the proven efficacy of the vaccine. It's not a matter of "if the vaccine works". It works. The science proves that. You simply cannot argue against facts. In the case of infectious diseases like COVID, it very much does matter what your neighbor does - as we have learned the extremely hard way over the course of the past year and a half. I can't fathom how one cannot see that by now.

No arguing with you regarding the efficacy. Fact of the matter is, if it works, you are protected. If people who choose not to get the vaccine and get sick, that is on them and not on you. If they pass it on to someone else, shame on that person receiving for not getting the vaccine, but again, nothing to do with you.

Everyone needs to do what is right for themselves, and quit worrying about what other people do. I get the flu shot....my neighbor does not. If he gets the flu, that's on him. Same with any other vaccine. Same with covid.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes IMHO. You and I got the vaccine. Good for us. (If it works, we are safe). If our neighbor chooses to refuse the shot because of their own beliefs, and they get Covid, that should not affect us at all.

I realize that there is plenty of published data showing the vaccine works. That being said, I personally know of a dozen or more people right now, not heresay, but people that I know, that have had the vaccine and currently have Covid. (or at least have tested positive for it with some symptoms that could be anything.) I also know a guy who had 5 independent Covid tests on the same day, 3 being positive and 2 being negative, so I really do not know what the truth is or what to believe.

My point over the whole thing is we should all do what is right for us and quit telling people that we know better than them what is right for them.

For those of y'all that are fixin' to disagree this post, I love y'all anyway! <3

what seems to be flying over yours and others heads is that with a public health crisis, it actually does in fact matter what others are doing, not just yourself. that is readily apparent right now. yes there are breakthrough cases from those who have received the vaccine, but as you admitted those cases tend to be mild or asymptomatic, PLUS a small fraction of total cases. the VAST majority are unvaccinated, and our hospitals are reaching capacity again due to the UNvaccinated.

I'm so frustrated with the lack of care outside of one's own self.

Nothing personal, but we must agree to disagree. I am speaking on behalf of myself, an American citizen. I know this post will probably be taken down and I risk a warning by saying this, but it is relevant. In this country we have freedom. Women have the freedom to terminate the life of their unborn child. There are more innocent children's lives terminated in the US in a year than there were "Covid Deaths" in 2020. (And everyone knows that the total number of reported Covid deaths is elevated.) If this country says we have the freedom to do one, we MUST have freedom to do the other. You can't tell me it is ok to have an abortion, but that I must take a shot to protect others from a virus that has a 99% survival rate. If we are going to take a stand to protect life, we MUST protect all life. It will be said that this argument is apples to oranges, but it is not. If Covid is a "public health crisis" because of the number of lives lost, then so is the other. If we have freedom to do one, we must have freedom to do the other. My body, my choice has to apply to all areas, not just those that fit the narrative of one group or other. Freedom covers us all, equally.

Or at least it is supposed to.

Again, nothing personal and no emotion here...just my opinion.

For those of y'all that are fixin' to disagree this post, I love y'all anyway. <3

I knew I loved you! ❤️

Right back'atcha beautiful!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,347 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

You’re 100% right. There’s this HUUUUGE “pack or no pack” debate I’ve been trying to avoid. I’ve never considered one. But I may have to now.

I still have the original heavy duty fanny pack I bought thirty years ago. And yes, it’s black. Of course. I forget which company, but it’s some big name outdoor sports place. Like Patagonia. But I don’t think it is Patagonia.
    I pulled the tag off years ago.

Anyhow, that thing takes a beating and just keeps going. Now that I have a balance disorder it’s much better than anything else, because it doesn’t swing when I walk.
  • MelG7777
    Options

I still have the original heavy duty fanny pack I bought thirty years ago. And yes, it’s black. Of course. I forget which company, but it’s some big name outdoor sports place. Like Patagonia. But I don’t think it is Patagonia.
    I pulled the tag off years ago.

Anyhow, that thing takes a beating and just keeps going. Now that I have a balance disorder it’s much better than anything else, because it doesn’t swing when I walk.

See? Everything comes back ‘round again. But it’s great that it’s functional for you and not just the fashion statement piece.