August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman Glad your hip pain eased up at the end of your run today. Nice running.

@Teresa502 The cooler weather was definitely a treat today. I hope you day tomorrow isn't as stressful as you expect it to be.

@skippygirlsmom Jelly beans. :lol:

That is a big, steep hill @martaindale ! I'd be walking that one for sure. Love the pictures of the deer and sunrise.

Sounds, and looks like, a nice fun day @polskagirl01 ! Not sure I would enjoy a cold water swim though.

@katharmonic That sounds like a really tough workout. Great job on getting it done. I didn't think you were supposed to run max speed on intervals. Maybe I'm doing them wrong. :lol: I always run at a speed that I feel I couldn't maintain for much longer...well, sometimes I do that, but I never sprint them. The only sprinting I do is at the end of a run, if I can, and when I'm doing hill repeats.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    August Goal: 75 Miles

8/1: 6.50 miles
    8/3: 5.16 miles
    8/4: 4.67 miles

16.33/75  miles completed for August

The weather was really nice again today.  It was 68°F when I got out there. The plan for today was a tempo run. I'm not sure if I hit the paces exactly,  but I started slow then gradually sped up to a  quick pace and then gradually slowed down. I think I did alright.  Hal said 2.9 miles in 30 minutes at 10:18 min/mi and my actual run was 3.4 miles in 34 minutes at 9:52 min/mi. I did run an extra 1.2 miles after the workout. I guess I am so used to running for about an hour that these shorter distances just leave me feeling like I need a little more.  Tomorrow will be hill repeats, so we'll see how that goes.  I've never really done hill work before.  Luckily none of my hills are like yours @Martindale.

Happy Birthday @quilteryoyo!

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children 10K PR 55:46:28.
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @quilteryoyo!!!!!🎈🎉🎂💐
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    8-1 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    8-2 rest
    8-3 7k measy
    8-4 7k easy
    8-5 rest

August Total: 21k
    August Goal: 150k

Golf today instead of running.

Happy birthday, @quilteryoyo !!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
    9/18 5k Run and Roll, Aurora, OH
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Happy birthday @quilteryoyo 🥳

Oh, and @martaindale that hill is crazy! You are so lucky (haha) to have that nearby. I would have to conquer it (some sort of defect). I have a lot of hills here (odd for Kansas) but nothing that looks like that.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

Glad you had nice weather too @kgirlhart. Nice run. Hope you enjoy the hill repeats. I always feel so accomplished when I do those.

Hahaha @katharmonic You're right. My neighbor's probably already know I am crazy. Thanks for your explanation too. Makes sense now. I have days that I don't give the effort I should. Sounds like you did great. You don't want to push too hard on tired legs.

• pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am in for 100 miles this month. Hoping it will be easier than July (only ended up with a bit over 90). But, can I just say...AUGUST ALREADY?!?!? Where has the summer gone??

Aug. 1 - 3.11 miles
    Aug. 2 - 4 miles

Total for August - 7.11 miles
    August Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 92.89 miles.

Aug. 4 - 5 miles
    Total for Aug. 12.11 miles
    Aug. Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 87.89 miles

Aug. 5 - 5.15 miles
    Total for Aug. - 17.26 miles
    Aug. Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 82.74 miles
  • MikeRunsDaily2021
    MikeRunsDaily2021 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Starting August off ok. Planning on aiming for 300 miles this month. Marathon training for fall races is 💯 in gear 👍🏻i5col2c4fb0a.jpeg
  • MikeRunsDaily2021
    MikeRunsDaily2021 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 you should give your race a go. It’s a fun opportunity to try and see what your capable of on race day 👍🏻👍🏻