Team FOODIES: because you wanna loose a few pounds but love

1235»

Replies

• Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Today is such a gorgeous day in Seattle. So in celebration of our one day of summer, ;D , I made a brine for a chicken I flattened and will be grilling whole. The brine consists of water, kosher salt, preserved lemons, bay leaves, thyme, honey and black peppercorns. I also made a potato salad with red potatoes, duck eggs, homemade pickles and a mayo/dijon sauce. With steamed brussel sprouts on the side, this will be a wonderful meal.
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Today is such a gorgeous day in Seattle. So in celebration of our one day of summer, ;D , I made a brine for a chicken I flattened and will be grilling whole. The brine consists of water, kosher salt, preserved lemons, bay leaves, thyme, honey and black peppercorns. I also made a potato salad with red potatoes, duck eggs, homemade pickles and a mayo/dijon sauce. With steamed brussel sprouts on the side, this will be a wonderful meal.
    hhuuuuum sounds delicious!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I like the idea of brining a flattened chicken. Flattening + lots of lemons -- that's my standard 'goto' for a quick chicken dinner. Hubby says he's tired of it. Let's see if I can get it past him this time.

Of course, I could just cover the chicken with lingonberry jam. That's what he did 2 nights ago when he cooked the salmon!!!! I didn't eat any, and refrained from commenting on it. All I could think was it was a change from his usual pesto covering. And that I didn't have to cook him dinner when he arrived home late. Late dinners are one of my weight problems. If I cook for him when he comes home late, I often end up eating a second dinner.
  • Lemonaiding
    I like the idea of brining a flattened chicken. Flattening + lots of lemons -- that's my standard 'goto' for a quick chicken dinner. Hubby says he's tired of it. Let's see if I can get it past him this time.

Of course, I could just cover the chicken with lingonberry jam. That's what he did 2 nights ago when he cooked the salmon!!!! I didn't eat any, and refrained from commenting on it. All I could think was it was a change from his usual pesto covering. And that I didn't have to cook him dinner when he arrived home late. Late dinners are one of my weight problems. If I cook for him when he comes home late, I often end up eating a second dinner.

I've never had lingonberry jam. I must try it soon!
  • anaeja19
    anaeja19 Posts: 3 Member
    Team FOODIE all the way

Ajeana

CW-201
    GW(nov.1)-186
    Final GW- 150
  • Lemonaiding
    Yesterday I weighed in at 173.8! Hurray!
  • Lemonaiding
    Today I weighed in at 180.8 for a total loss of 5.2 pounds in the month of August. Wahoo! I plan on being 176 by the end of September. It feels doable.
    [/quote]

7 pounds down the ol' chute!