The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    I got to my goal and then went on vacation and i fear living the fun life has messed with my progress. So come Saturday it's time to log and track and workout a lot! I will be in good shape for when I turn 50 in two years.....and for my physical in September
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    cmo5333 wrote: »
    Hi. 46, feel 66 but my brain refuses to say anything other than 42 when people ask me how old I am. I just restarted things here after a 70 COVID weight gain. I swear a lot and call most people dude for some weird reason.

Feel free to add me if you appreciate sarcasm, self-deprecating humor, and swear words.

Welcome dude! 😜😁🤗
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tim 6'3 265 lbs 55 yrs old. Been on MFP since 2011
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »

Good to see ya Tim 🙂

Bedtime for me.. :yawn: hope everyone has a good day 😃
  • AsthmaticHippo
    AsthmaticHippo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I may be 46 in years but I still have the maturity of a 5year old in a toy shop, just the toys have gotten a bit more expensive.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I may be 46 in years but I still have the maturity of a 5year old in a toy shop, just the toys have gotten a bit more expensive.

But life's more fun as a 46 year old 5 year old!
  • jennekelley
    jennekelley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    42, trying to get back to sprinting and lifting capabilities I lost sight of in my thirties
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »

Good to see ya Tim 🙂

Bedtime for me.. :yawn: hope everyone has a good day 😃

Sweet dreams Jo

Morning Jenni 🤗 happy weekend
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    We returned from our maritime road trip yesterday and today I weighed myself to see the damage 2 weeks of road snacks, fast food, beer and wine did. Well it's really not that bad. I can easily lose the 4-5lb and will add another 5 to today 10 cause why not. I've also decided, since my son didn't believe I could, I will work on doing the splits again. Almost there!

Keep at it middle agers!
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Hope you are all keeping well
  • sleepysensei83
    sleepysensei83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll be 38 this fall, doing my best to get to a better place of health by 40. I'm in the losing 100+lbs category and so far am about 25lbs in. Feel free to add me, I was on Spark People for years as FullMetalBlunt then changed to WinterSoldier83. I'm on Instagram @domesticwintersoldier2 to record my journey.
  • mollroch
    mollroch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all- 52 here, member for a number of years (maybe 10?)- I tend to visit MFP in spurts- quite often for a few months, than lay off for a bit-- anyway I'm on an active spurt as I am trying to get back into shape and have a bit to go still- so thought I'd say hello to some like minded folks in my age bracket to stay motivated and invested and keep engaged on this site more consistently! 5'8 with a weight that has been as high as 190 (leading to my original joining years back) but is around 145 ATM so trying to firm up and fight gravity. :)
  • Jr4120
    Jr4120 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I’m J I’m not new but I’m starting up again. Last time i users this app it worked really well for me. I kept the Weight off no I’m trying to lose a little more and tone up.
  • kellisluss
    kellisluss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    51 now. Been on MFP for many years, but like many here, I’m trying to get moving again. Started new healthy living and logging all of my food and snacks. Starting weight 144 and after one week I’ve lost 3 pounds. I know it will slow down to 1-2 per week which is what I want. Tired of the yo-yo cycle. I’m only 4’10 so this is pretty big for me. My goal is 115 but I’ll take just looking better in my clothes. Looking to gain my confidence back. I used to be a professional ballet dancer so I have loads of unhealthy dieting habits in my past. Once I had my son 12 years ago, I just have not been able to consistently lose weight and keep it off. Looking for some motivation. I love reading everyone’s posts. I know we all can do this.
  • 100lbsBeGone
    100lbsBeGone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    40 , heaviest ever.. 320lbs :(
    Need support and motivation
  • AlanM_1974
    AlanM_1974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    47, back again to shift the podge! (I was 41 in my profile pic)
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi! 😁. Smack dab in the middle of being middle aged but a big kid at heart with a body that frequently reminds me I’m not. Guess it all averages out in the end. 👋

While I have lbs to lose, my primary reason for being here is health related. I try not get hung up on the scale and gage success (most of the) based on how I feel.
  • pretorian5003
    pretorian5003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Not sure how this works.
    I see a lot of people asking to be added.
    I am middle aged too, so could you please add me to whatever I need to be added to be in the middle age group?
    Thank you very much!