What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    OMG I've been striving to reach my goal of 1K disagrees. I just checked and I'm at 1.5K disagrees. How'd I miss such a hallmark event in my life?? No confetti falling out of the sky? No parade? No crown? No trophy? Not even a back pat/hand hand shake saying 'job well done you'?

I am irked.

Oh well, only 500 more to go for my next awesome goal. :)

Of all the people to get disagrees... You? Really? And 500 of them? That makes zero sense to me!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    My phone charging cord is no longer charging properly. Used to take under 2 hours. The cord by my bed now says 10! Wtf?

Went to bed at 4%. Woke up at 20%

Not cool charger. Not cool!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    Where you are supposed to go visit the nieces and nephews for a bday party and the family members that said hey "Joey we will pick you" end up forgetting you and now you're sitting home eating the 54 KitKats you bought for the kids

Hmmm, 3 hrs. and 25 minutes later. Don't suppose you have any left do you?

This is what I have left after eating candy for dinner and a late night snack5ijat2k4z1zs.jpg

You said nothing about Reeses!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

I am such an idiot. Can't delete or edit to save my soul today.

Appreciate the party Jo!! :)

And Joey, send the Twizzlers my way if you would please? Since the PB Cups have been spoken for. :)

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

I am such an idiot. Can't delete or edit to save my soul today.

Appreciate the party Jo!! :)

And Joey, send the Twizzlers my way if you would please? Since the PB Cups have been spoken for. :)

I agree! And, everyone loves a clown too. The all in one package! Pat yourself on the back.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Plumbing. Brake in water line under the sink. 🤬
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Maybe these people should put their faith in Science instead.

p18pyfgf3m7c.png

Poor lost souls, poor children.

Remember these faces. You're liable to see them in an ICU at some point, crying out to everyone that they made a big mistake, please don't be like me and get the vaccine.

It's weird to me that people are still sending their children to schools that pigeonhole their children, have to watch and teach numbers of students every day, molding them all into the same end result(ok, to a large point anyways) yet tell others to let them raise their own children. I don't know if they're all home schooling, maybe they are. But don't they think teachers are helping them raise their children?? Child care providers are also partners in that. They and their children have other laws/regulations they have to adhere to. I just don't understand......especially when people are talking about the health of children. :( What is this kind of thinking teaching their children? Don't listen to science? Doctors don't know what they're doing? Most of the people are clearly wrong and fear mongers? Willing sheep following the crowd? Trust no one except Jesus? While we're here on this earth we need to trust someone. I'll choose to trust the majority. To trust the educated. For the most part. We still need to be smart about it.

But there is so much irony and hypocrisy out there. People say things yet live their lives differently than how they speak. :(

^ bolded. I’m experiencing this first hand after recently going to a backyard party. This girl was walking around knowingly sick. The next day she told us she tested positive and to go get tested. My friend group and her friend group were together from noon till the next morning. She ended up on a ventilator, all her friend who aren’t vaccinated ended up positive, now saying they are getting the shot ASAP. Because it’s real now.

Everyone that was vaxxed tested negative. The shot came through for us I’m still in shock because I still had doubts about it and we were in close proximity with people who had it.

Yeah, like..I"m not going for full on medical paternalism... I am for the notion that people should be empowered in managing their health... but these people have beliefs that are actually dangerous. They are driven by emotions not facts, and unfortunately they can use this to appeal to others further propagating dangerous advice. I believe in free speech but the sheer amount of misinformation out there is threat to public health. When they do get sick, they come crawling back to evidence based medicine to save them. Strange times indeed.

Exactly.

Everyone is mad at this girl for knowingly walking around with it rather than staying home but at the same time when we go out we know what we’re getting ourselves into, not everyone is honest and there’s a pandemic going on. We did what we felt was right for us and got the vaccine so that we can go out. It sucks what she did but that’s what happens when you have to share the world with other ppl unfortunately.

Not gonna lie, when I hear the debates on both sides, I became skeptical starting to believe the vaccine was a waste of time. When you hear something long enough you start to believe it obviously I believed the science more and got it but I wasn’t going to get the booster- definitely getting it now if need be. 😂

Freakin thing keeps mutating.

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    When it’s hot and humid out and I forget to put on the appropriate bra. I need that lacy, unlined bra that gives me AIR.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,863 Member
    Options
    Today I'm irked by how cold it is in this ballroom.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,387 Member
    Options
    OMG I've been striving to reach my goal of 1K disagrees. I just checked and I'm at 1.5K disagrees. How'd I miss such a hallmark event in my life?? No confetti falling out of the sky? No parade? No crown? No trophy? Not even a back pat/hand hand shake saying 'job well done you'?

I am irked.

I am irked.

Just put “cilantro tastes like soap” at the end of all your comments. You’ll get plenty of disagrees in no time!

😇
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    It struck this house. I did not worry about my 14 year-old. Quarantined, and we all survived it just fine. It also struck my 69 year-old dad. Now that was when worry hit, as he's over a thousand miles away and elderly, but he survived it. I also know several other people and I have yet to meet someone who was hospitalized. The news shows worse case scenario. If I said it was a little worse than a cold, I'm sure I'd hear about it. So I'll refrain...

Truth is both my dh and I had it as well, with little more than a cold. A family of 3 that I know had it, the mom and 2 yo did okay, the dad was terribly ill for quite awhile though he didn't require hospitalization. Another family I know; it was weird because they all lived together, all 4 were having pretty much the same symptoms but 1 person got very sick with it. But the weird thing about it was that only 2 of the family members ever tested positive, even though the other members took repeat tests and they kept coming back negative.

I get a flu shot every year to decrease my chances of getting severely sick with the flu. I will do the same with the Covid virus when boosters are a normal thing.

Just curious @LovelyChar....I know you're a teacher, how is your school district handling the start of school this year?
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

I am irked.

I am irked.

Just put “cilantro tastes like soap” at the end of all your comments. You’ll get plenty of disagrees in no time!

😇

That'd mean I'd have to try cilantro? :) I don't like soap?

I'll just be me. That seems to be working pretty well. Hahaha