What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    It appears as if the former Gov of my state has abandoned his dog on his way out of office. You know a person by how they treat animals.

What scum
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish I was better at peopling... at the social "games" that much of society is built on, because I think life could/would be easier/better if I was more engaged with people. This is one of those times.

It irks me that those types of interactions are necessary, and that I'm not better at them, that I have no natural inclination to be that way, and that I still complain about it.

Bro, same
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I was better at peopling... at the social "games" that much of society is built on, because I think life could/would be easier/better if I was more engaged with people. This is one of those times.

It irks me that those types of interactions are necessary, and that I'm not better at them, that I have no natural inclination to be that way, and that I still complain about it.

Bro, same

Sounds like you're introvert. I'm one I struggle sometimes. Its just acting for the most part, this is all generic advice and its sort of a cliche but "fake it until you make it" does work in some situations, not saying pretend to know things you don't know but if you act confident you'll start to actually feel more confident.. it is possible to do this in your own way without looking arrogant. Positive outward appearance and body language works wonders. When I did sales, I had a good crew that helped me. The key things I recall were to REMEMBER THEIR NAME, use it...it makes engagement more personal or feel that way. Also, remember....(generalizing) but people usually like to talk about themselves. Ask them questions, it sorted of makes them feel...desired or important. If you keep asking opened ended questions it opens so many tangential branches to navigate in conversation and keep the conversation going. Also, paraphrase and what they are saying if you don't understand it or just want to clarify it because It shows you're actively listening and you can better empathize with people.

I was just today telling my coworker that I was gonna just start barking at people but this might work too. 🧐🤪
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    The heat, I’m dying
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    It appears as if the former Gov of my state has abandoned his dog on his way out of office. You know a person by how they treat animals.

I saw that. :( Yep, it does speak loud and clear. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

I'm such a social misfit, always have been and not likely to change anytime soon. :( But when I do have to be among the human race, I do find myself faking it a lot, as Amorfati mentioned.. :( I truly appreciated lockdown for that reason only. I wasn't made to interact and be sociable.

So, you're not the only one to have this affliction. :) And don't even mention classes where you're made to present stuff to the group, *shivers* I'm so thankful those horrible nightmares are now in my past. :/ I'll comfortably stay right in my comfort zone TYVM. :)
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,431 Member
    Options
    People also irk me today.

Social rules are a black box.

Especially when I see eight or ten others doing the exact same thing but if I do it everyone gets mad at me.

Sigh.

The above is a bit hyperbolic. But still.

People and their mysterious social rules.
    Irksome indeed.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    No irks today, the sun is back, my flowers are blooming. I’m happy. Life is good!🌸😌💝
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    No irks today, the sun is back, my flowers are blooming. I’m happy. Life is good!🌸😌💝

Hold my beer and watch this..

😝
  • Ironwoman1111
    edited August 2021
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »

😝

Aaahhh… thanks for the beer! I’m even better now!🍺😂 What did you want me to watch?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options

😝

Aaahhh… thanks for the beer! I’m even better now!🍺😂

🤬
    *Sneaks in her flower garden
    3rg06u83ej1e.gif
  • Ironwoman1111
    Options

😝

🤬
    3rg06u83ej1e.gif

😲 Really Scissor hands?
    yiekkb0nwsn5.gif

Rust sets in, saved the day!🙌🏽😅 *Looks around for irks*👀 Nope, still none.🍺😎
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

😝

🤬
    3rg06u83ej1e.gif

😆😆😆
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,431 Member
    Options
    Minding my own business
    Phone rings
    It’s the VA! Gotta answer!

It’s a recording. Says my husband needs to schedule a couple appointments. I press 1 to do the thing.
    Transferred to “Your call is important to us. Please stay on the line for the next available agent” and some (redacted) hold music.

….

…. ….

… …. ….

“All agents are busy assisting other callers”

….

….

Kitten, YOU called Me!

Grrr. Grrr. Grrr. So far it’s been ten minutes.

Any guesses how long until someone gets to me? I’ve been on hold with the VA for over an hour in previous calls. Could be any length of time this time.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Something on a tv show. These robbers were ransacking a house holding the married couple hostage. The one man rummages through her underwear drawer and says you're a fat b____. You married that?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Is it okay to be irked by the high price of what I consider to be lesser cuts of beef?

Story time:

I wanted to make a recipe from a cookbook I had, mistakenly thinking the cut of meat was still cheap since I have used it in the recent past for stews (beef bourguignon is the recipe; chuck roast is the meat).

Walked into the store to pick out a cut of meat (needed a 3lb piece) and it was close to 20 bucks! For 10 dollars more, I could have bought a tiny brisket! When did cuts of meat like flank steak, skirt steak and chuck roast become so freakin' expensive?? Is this just because of where I live now or am I seriously missing something?